Where's the game we saw in the trailers?

+
There is a lot of people who were hyped about this game due to it's adult nature. 2018 demo promised a lot in this category.

Many of us are sick of games beeing mainly targetted at twelve year olds. Cartoony graphics and everything politicaly correct as possible is the recipe for almost every new game nowdays.

CDPR advertised Cyberpunk as way more mature than it is. It's time to stop pretending you guys are different or special. You just one of the many devs who do same things - except microtransactions (y).
oh dont worry those Microtransactions are coming in the Multiplayer theyve already said.

There is a lot of people who were hyped about this game due to it's adult nature. 2018 demo promised a lot in this category.

Many of us are sick of games beeing mainly targetted at twelve year olds. Cartoony graphics and everything politicaly correct as possible is the recipe for almost every new game nowdays.

CDPR advertised Cyberpunk as way more mature than it is. It's time to stop pretending you guys are different or special. You just one of the many devs who do same things - except microtransactions (y).
That is also why the nudity and sex was removed, they want that stupid fortnite players. Well good luck did not work with Destiny and Anthem it won't work here! There is a reason Gta 5 is till on top, they did not sugar-coat the main story!!!! Anyone remember the torture mission? They stayed true to their principals and they are still reaping.

CP2077 is based on old and well-established lore that spans decades, so it's limited in that respect. CP2077 is also a computer game which must pass the rating system so we can play it in our respective countries. Ultimately we have no idea what concessions CDPR had to make getting this game to the end-user, but since I'm enjoying it so much I'm glad they cut those things required to get it onto my PC and into my gaming cave.
Think about all the push to remove gambling in games in the last year or so. That attitude wasn't there 5+ years ago, I could imagine wanting to have it in the game but then not wanting to deal with backlash of current attitudes and legal concerns.

Think about all the push to remove gambling in games in the last year or so. That attitude wasn't there 5+ years ago, I could imagine wanting to have it in the game but then not wanting to deal with backlash of current attitudes and legal concerns.
I think you are confusing two things. There is a legal dispute about banning real-life gambling mechanics from the games, like when you are paying real money for random set of player cards in FIFA or something, which is a good and pro-consumer thing, especially since children can be easily manipulated with this. But I gon't think that the in-game representation of gambling was criticized, as long as it doesn't involve spending real money.

All I'm going to write is guesswork, speculation, but I think they tried to do their best with what they had. We talked about premature development in terms of game AAA - open world. Star Citizen is taking a long time too and they don't have their core finished yet, not even the net base code (what they call iCache and server-mesh). Even though it is a single player, Cyberpunk has a lot of good stuff that can and should be improved.

Do you really think using one of the worst scams and failures in development and production of video games is a good way to make a point about the development of this game? That's really funny.
THEY SELL SHIPS FOR THOUSANDS OF REAL LIVE DOLLARS. A bit of code. They made millions upon millions without producing anything. They are practically scammers, you really think putting those people on a level with CDPR is helping in any way to defend them?! :)

I just watched most videos from their facebook page for the last year. I've seen NOTHING promised that wasn't in the game. One guy referenced you'd have a garage to store your cars., so Technically you do, you just don't physically go there. Life path choices he says you will have other options of dialog. Transport he says cars and motorcycles.
I request people post/send me links to other content that demonstrates the point of this thread.
So far what I see is just clever advertising that had us filling in the blanks with our hopes/dreams.

I just watched most videos from their facebook page for the last year. I've seen NOTHING promised that wasn't in the game. One guy referenced you'd have a garage to store your cars., so Technically you do, you just don't physically go there. Life path choices he says you will have other options of dialog. Transport he says cars and motorcycles.
I request people post/send me links to other content that demonstrates the point of this thread.
So far what I see is just clever advertising that had us filling in the blanks with our hopes/dreams.
Check out this thread. There are links to interviews with developers and other sources.

Well sure. But that doesn't make it any less shitty.

For example take this video

It explains a lot about the gangs and shows them supposedly having differences. In reality? They're all, without exception, just 'bad man with gun'. Does it show anything that isn't in the game? No. But it shows a lot of things out of context, implying that there's more going on than there really is. It's deceptive marketing at its finest.

Then perhaps you didnt follow the news when the game got submitted for Ratings. They declared it was successfully rated in virtually every country with no cencorship.

Now theyve gone ahead and done some cencorship of their own. what a joke
It was passed in those countries because CDPR made larger general changes, I'm sure they could've done this per country as they did with Witcher 3 but time wasn't on their side. To suggest CDPR passed this ubber violent adult-rated game in every country without having to make changes is almost as crazy as implying they then went on to remove more of their hard work once it was passed just to annoy players.

Do you really think using one of the worst scams and failures in development and production of video games is a good way to make a point about the development of this game? That's really funny.
THEY SELL SHIPS FOR THOUSANDS OF REAL LIVE DOLLARS. A bit of code. They made millions upon millions without producing anything. They are practically scammers, you really think putting those people on a level with CDPR is helping in any way to defend them?! :)
True true and true. CDPR did scam ps4 and xbox owners. There is no one with a brain that can defend that.

But in my opinion they also scammed pc and next gen users because they gave us a looter shooter when they promised us a RPG

Noone with more than a brain cell would play CP2077 on systems almost a decade old and complain about the quality.
Dont even think about using that logic. They got scammed because the game is in an unplayable state. Quality was never going to be as good as PC and Next gen and these people knew it but they expected a working product for a generation of consoles that this game was ALWAYS and ORIGINALLY made for

Noone with more than a brain cell would play CP2077 on systems almost a decade old and complain about the quality.
When the CEO of said company states that it, "runs surprisingly well on base consoles," then you are forgiven if you feel you have been scammed if you wanted to play it on a ps4 or xbone.

Ps. I am pc mega superior race user, but I completely sympathize with ps4/xbone owners.

Beside I am more pissed that this is not an RPG anymore but a damn shooter looter and all the content has been cut away.

CD Projekt should have delay the game at least 3 to 6 months and not trying to fix the game in 6 months. But despite the crashes and some bugs i have on my ps4 pro it runs ok, yes it need more work but like i said they had to delay the game for 3 to 6 months and non of all this would happen, i hope they learn from this mistake.

Im really skeptical that 3-6 montch change anything. This game looks like 20% of something but for not known reason (maybe someone says Dont use my stuf !?) they cant use the rest 80%.

You are talking to add to the game in 3-6months:
- quests that are tailored for 3 different character path,
- mission that have multiple endings and choices that are miningfull.
- On top of that AI
- POV interaction non-existing in this game but known to me since MGS on PSX when I look too long on Meryl boobls she react to this.

From what I playd (50+h) there is no possibility to change this game eg cars, there is some stupid script that populate street with cars but FULL bumper to bumper and when character is loaded 90% of them are made invisible !!
Thats whay you have barebone car behavior becouse those are not single cars that have some routine those are particles that move on some path, You are loaded , 80% of them toggle invisibility 20% of the toggle Collisions that why there are so many flying cars on YT lol.

Attachments

• CP2076_cars_Particlesystem_No_AI.jpg
    CP2076_cars_Particlesystem_No_AI.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 63
Well sure. But that doesn't make it any less shitty.

For example take this video

It explains a lot about the gangs and shows them supposedly having differences. In reality? They're all, without exception, just 'bad man with gun'. Does it show anything that isn't in the game? No. But it shows a lot of things out of context, implying that there's more going on than there really is. It's deceptive marketing at its finest.
I agree that what was hoped for wasn't delivered and appreciate you posting that video. I think it's fair to be upset that what was implied wasn't in the game, but it's still not "where is the game we saw in the trailer." What I saw in that trailer is there, the gangs seem the same when you fight them, but when you do quests you encounter their stories like in the trailer. Some use more melee and cyber, some are more bruisers, I notice a difference.
It is marketing so why is everyone so shocked it's not exactly as shown? I keep using that analogy of the hamburger - no one complains it doesn't look like the picture anymore - we KNOW it doesn't. Movie trailers are the same way - the pick the best and slam it into 2 mins, doesn't mean there are 120 more minutes of that quality.
I continue to just see people had hopes/dreams of what this game was and not that they didn't get what was promised or shown specifically.
Please post more info - i'm very open to discuss/change my mind. Also please keep doing side quests and main quest -more I do them the more I see trailer type material.
Post automatically merged:

I agree, although it was bad of them to release it on those systems on launch day - it's a new game and pattern for most all games in history is that they come out for the new systems. Super Mario World wasn't on nes and snes... shiiiiiittt

Ps. I am pc mega superior race user, but I completely sympathize with ps4/xbone owners.
One of the few areas I step over my opinion neutrality line regarding this game. I have zero empathy for players who bought CP2077 for ex-gen consoles and expected it to run smoothly, everyone knew it was going to be a whole new level of stress on hardware requirements for both consoles and PC. CDPR even offered a free upgrade (which I assume still stands) for anyone who purchased the game for ex-gen consoles so what on earth are they crying about.

Only a month ago people were beating down CDPR's doors saying they better not hold the release back again or there'd be hell to pay, now they're all back saying the game isn't finished or features are missing, wtf is the matter with people.

I came on the forums to offer bug feedback, swap tales of in-game oddities, check help info on problem quests, and offer some in return. Instead I find forum threads full of sad tales about failed expectations from people to believed all the hype.

Games are like relationships: Some of us accept the good with the bad and make the best of things, some of us have been hurt before and are now bitter, others just keep running to another hoping it'll be the perfect one while subconsciously understanding such a thing doesn't exist.

Im really skeptical that 3-6 montch change anything. This game looks like 20% of something but for not known reason (maybe someone says Dont use my stuf !?) they cant use the rest 80%.

You are talking to add to the game in 3-6months:
- quests that are tailored for 3 different character path,
- mission that have multiple endings and choices that are miningfull.
- On top of that AI
- POV interaction non-existing in this game but known to me since MGS on PSX when I look too long on Meryl boobls she react to this.

From what I playd (50+h) there is no possibility to change this game eg cars, there is some stupid script that populate street with cars but FULL bumper to bumper and when character is loaded 90% of them are made invisible !!
Thats whay you have barebone car behavior becouse those are not single cars that have some routine those are particles that move on some path, You are loaded , 80% of them toggle invisibility 20% of the toggle Collisions that why there are so many flying cars on YT lol.

Yeap... agree...

As it was said in this thread:

Top Bottom