Which Actors do you Want to See in Gwent [Witcher]?

+
Which Actors do you Want to See in Gwent [Witcher]?

With all the 'discussions' going on about the weather, the end of the world (as some make it out to be) and whatnot, it's time to take a breather.

Let's play a little game. Pick one or more characters from Gwent (so basically the Witcher) and tell us with actor/actress (including a photo) you want for the role.

PS. Please, try to resize the image when posting or use spoiler tags.

Geralt: Mads Mikkelsen

Yennefer: Eva Green

Last edited:
Whoreson Junior: Steve Buscemi

Last edited:
I think I would honestly enjoy the show more if it was animated.

Hear me out, the show is going to be on Netflix. They aren't exactly known for big fantasy/fiction shows like HBO's Game of Thrones or Westworld. Their shows are more grounded and are pretty much story-based. Not like expensive cgi or anything.

In the world of Witcher, there are so many different types of monsters that the budget would have to be huge just to cover that. Now imagine the cost of everything else, plus the actors.

In my honest opinion, Netflix would be better off creating an animated series of the witcher. Maybe like those cgi trailers that were used to promote the Witcher 3, those look so good. I'm pretty sure Mads Mikkelsen could voice Geralt. Sophie Turner voicing Triss. I think Angelina Jolie would be a great voice for Yennefer, but she's too famous for Netflix probably. I mean, they could even use the same voice actors if the show was animated.

OG.laloquaint;n8975060 said:
I think I would honestly enjoy the show more if it was animated.

Hear me out, the show is going to be on Netflix. They aren't exactly known for big fantasy/fiction shows like HBO's Game of Thrones or Westworld. Their shows are more grounded and are pretty much story-based. Not like expensive cgi or anything.

In the world of Witcher, there are so many different types of monsters that the budget would have to be huge just to cover that. Now imagine the cost of everything else, plus the actors.

In my honest opinion, Netflix would be better off creating an animated series of the witcher. Maybe like those cgi trailers that were used to promote the Witcher 3, those look so good. I'm pretty sure Mads Mikkelsen could voice Geralt. Sophie Turner voicing Triss. I think Angelina Jolie would be a great voice for Yennefer, but she's too famous for Netflix probably. I mean, they could even use the same voice actors if the show was animated.

While this thread is just an game of hypothetical casting actors to witcher caracters, if an animated series is to be made, i guess it will be better to leave the voicing cast similar to the game, at least the main characters. Anyway I learned not to expect too much from a movie/series based on a book or a game, I always like the original better so far (even in a case of a good series like "game of thrones" the books are much better)

OG.laloquaint;n8975060 said:
Netflix. They aren't exactly known for big fantasy/fiction shows
But netflix have done superhero films and from what I heard the character development was good at least.

BornBoring;n8976210 said:
Interesting that the most mentioned character next to Geralt and Yennefer is Triss. The netflix series will be based on the books, not the games, and she doesn't play a big role in the books.

I totally agree, but we all know what happens when tv series or movies are "based' on books. :rolleyes:

Eva Green for Yeneffer please. I feel somewhat biased from having played the game but I think she'll play the role nicely. I love Eva :D

WitchPlougher;n8977800 said:
It's a TV series, there is no budget for these actors you mentioned

and Eva Green is not pretty, there's something wrong with her face

Its a NETFLIX tv series... they got chop

besides.. i think this is just a "what if" type thread :cheers:

WitchPlougher;n8977800 said:
It's a TV series, there is no budget for these actors you mentioned

and Eva Green is not pretty, there's something wrong with her face

If you really think so, than that's good news since Yennefer is not supposed to be "pretty". Have you read the books?

Actually, i think the actress looks really appropriate for playing Yennefer. Not a typical beauty/pretty face. I would rather describe her as alluring.

TheShift;n8978100 said:
Its a NETFLIX tv series... they got chop

besides.. i think this is just a "what if" type thread :cheers:

still, they will need it for all that CGI, cant spend everything on overrated well known actors when there are no-names that can do the job just as good with fresh faces

4RM3D;n8978390 said:
Ironic...

touché :)

WitchPlougher;n8978830 said:
still, they will need it for all that CGI, cant spend everything on overrated well known actors when there are no-names that can do the job just as good with fresh faces

Sure..I agree.
I would much rather have no name actors/actresses as to not be able to tie them to previous work.Gives a movie or series a unique quality .. but netflix could do both if they wanted ...the cgi wouldn't have to be so much to the extent of over doing it.
plus..cgi is a lot easier and cheaper and far more easier to do now..than just 5 years ago.

besides..you might be missing the point.
none of these people will be in it.
it's for fun :cheers:

Top Bottom