Which Armor Set will you use to start Blood and Wine?

+

Which Armor Set will you use to start Blood and Wine?

• Viper School Gear

Votes: 31 39.2%
  • Griffin School Gear

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Cat School Gear

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Bear School Gear

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Manticores

Votes: 18 22.8%

• Total voters
Yep, that's weird...
Such a nice powerful and good looking set.... and only usable in HoS...
Hope a patch will add it to the top tier sets again in future.

Problem is that the COMPLETE Viper set is conditional to picking a particular ending in HoS which not everyone seems to have done that therefore I can see why Viper set was not included in this expansion.

I agree though with hedop on the point that the Viper set was poorly developed by CDPR as we get some very low tier weapons at the beginning of the game without the relevant armor, furthermore there are no low/mid tier (standard, enhanced, superior) Viper armors/weapons to use in the game.

Only in HoS we finally get an high tier Viper armor/weapons which are identical to our Kaer Morhen armor. This is bad because I can't see the Viper school of Nilfgaard developing the exact same armor concept of the rival Wolf School based in Kaer Morhen. It break any kind of logic considering also that the Kaer Morhen armor is not the Wolf School armor and that Letho and other viper school witchers never used the HoS "Viper" school set. So hedop is right...the HoS viper school armor was poorly designed IMO

Last edited:
I'll be sticking with my New Moon Armor.

But I love the idea of a Troll gear set, lol. Let me come up with some abilities for it:

Weight Class: Light / Medium / Heavy (Player decides)

Troll Armor:
- +20% Resistance to all damage (Slashing, Piercing, etc.)
- Stamina Regen +10%
- Critical Hit Chance +10%
- Critical Hit Damage +50%
- Max Toxicity +20

Troll Guantlets:
- +7.5% Resistance to all damage (Slashing, Piercing, etc.)
- Stamina Regen +5%
- Adrenaline +10%
- Sign Intensity +10%
- Attack Power +10%

Troll Boots:
- +7.5% Resistance to all damage (Slashing, Piercing, etc.)
- Stamina Regen +5%
- Bleeding Chance +5%
- Poison Chance +5%
- Burning Chance +5%

Troll Trousers:
- +15% Resistance to all damage (Slashing, Piercing, etc.)
- Stamina Regen +10%
- Doubles effect and duration of all alchemy preparations (including decoctions).
- Reduces cost of all Enchantments to one slot
- Increases the effect of Mutations by 10% for every slot of mutation ability filled (max 40%). Also allows use of General abilities in any Mutation Slot.

And in the spirit of the Troll, the catch would be that none of the bonuses above would actually work until the player has worn the complete Troll set for 50 battles. Only after that, the bonuses will start working.
One benefit of the Troll set would be that you can make the parts look like any armor you wish (only looks, bonuses remain the same as above). So you could get Bear armor look with above bonuses, or Feline armor look with above bonuses, etc.

Okay, looks like I've had enough day dreaming for the day. I'll see myself out.

That would be really cool. The only thing I would probably change is the appearance. I think it should have a distinct appearance but to give some love to your idea I would add a trolly rune that would give some of the set bonuses depending on which part of the armor you slot it into but is limited to one slot per piece ;). I might actually change some of the stats because the armor would offer so much defense power that I'm not sure I would give a lot of offense tbh so Stamina Regen would probably be out of the question from my end because Trolls are slow but heavy hitters. I do agree with the Crit Damage but not necessarily with the Crit chance. The rest sounds about right to me.

I do however like your idea of giving a choice in armor look. So maybe not Bear/Feline/Wolf etc. but rather Troldierman/Bart/Ice Troll/Farting Trolls/BammBamm/Shoe Troll. Troldierman could give bonus for food since Troldiermans knows how to make stews from everything. Bart Bonus could be fire immunity since Bart was able to easily survive an explosion right next to him. Ice Troll Bonus should probably be immunity to cold damage, Farting Trolls immunity to poisoning, Bamm, Bamm should give a whopping 100% in critical damage or 100% chance to stun and Shoe Trolls should give either a speed bonus or a stamina bonus (for better running) since you have shoes ;).

EDIT: Oh of course Troldierman armor should have the Raedanian birdie on it and Shoe Trolls armor should have boots which are called "plowing trolly boots by Thaler".

Last edited:
With the Viper set, what build do you guys run with it? It's only buffs resistance so doesn't have any synergy with any skills

I am using Ursine and Griffin mastercrafted armors with Iris and Ursine, feline and viper venomous silver swords. (Have all the witcher gear anyway :D)

I unlocked and used the services of Runemaster from HoS
Griffin armor is enchanted with automatic Quen when entering a battle without stamina consumption.
Ursine armor is enchanted with Yrden. Whenever yrden charge hits an enemy, a Yrden sign will be placed where the enemy is without stamina consumption(for those vampires :D)
Each of the Swords have either Whirl and rend or Sword will get sign treatment when adrenaline points are available or increased damage when vitality is full but regeneration is active.

I also have superior tawny oil that doesn't expire at night along with superior swallow
(Infact I have all superior oils except Ogroid, many decoctions, superior potions and bombs)

Good Morning Community!

I will start Blood & Wine with the complete Ofieri-Armor-Set (Scale Armor, Boots, Gauntlets, Sharovary)

Weapons:
Steel Sword: Viper Venomous
Silver Sword: Harpy

MasterCrafted Viper Chest (lvl67)
MasterCrafted Wolven Pants/Boots (lvl64)
Assassin's Gloves (lvl68)

Mastercrafted Ursine with the Medium rating from the Runewrite so I abuse potions...Geralt's liver be like ..whoaaa

Not sure yet... I'll probably use the Ophiri set, with the Ophiri sword being engraved with a rune by the runewright (can't remember which one I chose but I think it's got something to do with rend) and the best silver sword currently in my possession. I'll definitely go for the Manticore set asap because it looks cool :)

Troll gear set sounds interesting. Probably this armor will increase Geralt's resistance to alcohol and skills in painting Redanian coat of arms. But I don't want to kill trolls to craft this set. They are intelligent beings, just like dragons, they should live and entertain us.

Last edited:
Well I always liked Wolven armor, cause it looked the best, but am currently using viper. But now that we can dye armor I can make viper look pretty cool. But I'm really lokining forward to is the new manticor armor.

I am going to make the viper more green and the bear one pitch black xD

Wolf armor for me, can't wait to get the grandmaster version and then experiment with some dye.

Still salty that you need to unlock the story way too far to get Wolf armor upgrades in the main game. Oh, well, console commands are there for that reason...

Zirael armor of course,immediately blend in :D

Would use the normal armor you start with but CDPR ruined the boots of it by turning it blue...I mean seriously whats the point?....glad I can use the Viper boots which have the normal color.Anyway gotta see how this dye thing will work...might be able to return the boots to its original color.

Top Bottom