Which card are you using for Cyberpunk2077?

+

Select the card series you will use.

• Nvidia 30 series

Votes: 57 18.3%
  • Nvidia 20 series

Votes: 104 33.3%
  • Nvidia 10 series

Votes: 87 27.9%
  • AMD 6000 series

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • AMD 5000 series

Votes: 17 5.4%
  • AMD RX series

Votes: 15 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 28 9.0%

• Total voters
Zotac GTX 1080 Ti / 11 GB So far this old beast just keeps going. While I won't have the 'RTX' features, I am perfectly happy with this old GPU.

Nvidia RTX 2070. My machine is this.

Originally bought it exactly 1 month before Nov 19 just to get ready. Guess now I get to enjoy Fallout 4 a bit longer before "the big day" (Dec 10)

I almost feel bad, I won't be buying this until I'm able to get my hands on a better GPU (6800xt or 3080). With stocks as limited as they are I may just wait until the next gen GPUs in 2021.

I wonder how many others are of the same mindset of myself and how it'll effect devs like CDPR sales.

I almost feel bad, I won't be buying this until I'm able to get my hands on a better GPU (6800xt or 3080). With stocks as limited as they are I may just wait until the next gen GPUs in 2021.

I wonder how many others are of the same mindset of myself and how it'll effect devs like CDPR sales.

I feel like doing that myself. Not like CP77 will be much fun to play on a GTX 970.

Kudos for you if you manage to hold out too.

I feel like doing that myself. Not like CP77 will be much fun to play on a GTX 970.

Kudos for you if you manage to hold out too.
It's not something I used to do, but the only game I haven't paid half price or less for since about 2016 is Baldur's Gate 3.

A year wait won't be too bad. Especially with everything else going on now haha

3080 hybrid from EVGA won't ship until the week of Dec 7th, which also happens to lie in the week the 10th is in. But I am in the first batch. So I'm not sure if I'll have it in time to start with or not. If not I'll be starting with an EVGA 1080 Ti SC Black.

Entire system I freshly built just ~2 days ago:

Case: Fractal Design Define 7 XL Black
Mobo: ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core (24 thread) 3.7 GHz (4.8 GHz) Socket AM4 w/ PCIe 4.0
CPU Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360mm
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA HYBRID with 240mm AIO rad
PSU: be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1000W
Case fans: Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM chromax.black (coming Q1 2021)
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 128GB (4 x 32GB) DDR4 3600
SSDs: (2) 8TB Sabrent Rocket Q NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 (3300/2900) - one for system (C), one for games (G)
HDDs: (3) WD 14TB WD Red Plus - for mass storage

Have it built and running in Windows 10 Pro. Only thing I'm missing is the GPU.* Doing all the cable management properly with zipties & angle cutters and such took days and there were so many micro or proper cuts on my fingers lol.

I have it set up with the 360 AIO for CPU mounted top for exhaust with a 120mm fan upper back for exhaust and two 120mm fans front for intake but those two will be replaced by the GPU's AIO - might be able to fit one as an extra intake, not sure.

* = I'm also missing the chromax.black Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM case fans as they aren't out yet and I'm just using the Fractal ones that came with the case, which aren't terrible.

I've seen my 5900X get up to like 4.950 GHz though without overlocking so I think I may have won the silicon lottery on that.

Either way with them shipping the week of Dec 7th I should have the card before I finish the game at the very least, if not before I start (if it ships reaaal fast).

I got lucky and snagged a Radeon 6800 for my new pc build. I'll wait until nvidia irons out the second gen RTX cards before I upgrade to one in a year or two. I'm pretty excited too have a high end system to play cyberpunk on.

I have the Acer Predator Helio 500.

I think it has the GTX 1070.

It ran RDR2 perfectly in high settings.
Post automatically merged:

I have the Acer Predator Helio 500.

I think it has the GTX 1070.

It ran RDR2 perfectly in high settings.

Gtx 960 and fingers crossed...
I also have 960 :D If comparable to current-gen console gameplays, the game should look just fine on it anyway.

What kinda drives me from the upgrade is the cost, frequency of new HW releases, and the technologies like raytracing and dlss. They seem to be shiny one-timers, requiring specialized hardware, and with kind of high chance to be completely deprecated or replaced.

The way I see it, in quite a (short) time you could have like...AI generating the whole frames without any geometry, physics, models or whatnot...just based on e.g. text descriptions, concept arts, rules, or something... :)
Examples being gpt3 or Promethean AI.
Unlimited detail, unlimited interactions, unlimited everything, in pretty much constant time,...

As a player, you don't really care about the computations in the background, you just want your Minecraft to have raytracing, whatever it is :shrug:

EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra. Added myself to the email notification queue (before it was a queue) super early so I got one legit. Costs a pretty penny, but I can afford it with my software engineering job. Previous card was a 1080, so that'll be a nice backup. I'll probably keep this one around for 2 or so more generations (so 4-5 years, same as the 1080). The 1080 is still nice (also EVGA). It can run most things I throw at it from GOG as long as I don't ask for RTX (duh) or for the graphically intensive ones ask for 4k with ultra (I could still do some at 1080p with ultra and get 60fps). Decent backup.

My 1050ti just isn't going to cut it - I'm not going to play on Low setting - and getting a new card is pretty much hopeless at the moment, so it looks like I won't be able to play for a long while :(

1050 ti, too.

I already have my 3070. I am superhappy that I managed to get my hands on one, and the process went without a hitch considering the two-year long build-up for this. The delivery date was delayed only couple days from what the distributor originally promised too!

Judging from what AC:Valhalla looks like, I can't wait to see Night city in all of its ray-tracing splendor!

ps. 3060 is coming out in December, should be affordable as much as these cards can be... I hope you guys will eventually get a new card.

Last edited:
seeing you guys with 1070ti talking like that card is the bare minimum makes me pretty anxious for pre ordering the game lmao. I just bought this card second hand and i thought it could run AAA games 1080p ultra for a few more years.. I mean the system requirements said gtx1060 can handle this game on 1080p high so 1070ti definitely will kill this game on ultra right?

Managed to grab an RTX 3080 about a month and a half after they released, the final piece to me new build. Ideally going for a Ryzen 9 5900X soon next year, but since the Intel i7-8700 beats the maximum possible requirements listed by CDPR, I'll hold on to it for now!

Top Bottom