Which card would you choose?

+

Which card would you choose in your deck?

• Yenvo

Votes: 14 100.0%
  • Schirrú

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Regardless of faction, which card would you put in your deck if you have to choose between these two?:

View attachment 11334565View attachment 11334568
Yenvo, is that really a question ?
It an op abused card, that can be used at any moment of the game can't do easier to play no condition like almost all the nilfgaard cards her provision are 9 when it should be 11 or more, this card and Vilgefortz are the reason why NG is so much played, not nerfing those two cards are the reason why gwent is dying now
i face more Vilgefortz and yenvo than the whole geralt cards wich are neutral and can be used by any faction.
the other one can be really hard to play sometimes and it cost more

I guess I already know the very first victim of “community driven” balance tools :smart:
Well, maybe Highland Warrior Warlord first. It needs Doomed status. Or make it gold, because 'there can only be one'.

I don’t think this card is problematic rn.
Maybe removing Veteran from it would be enough of a nerf (if ever need be)
Yes, let's nerf a 5p bronze card that plays for like 15 points on deploy with no condition (about 10 of which is DAMAGE carryover that can be stacked infinitely), NOT including the indirect value of deathblow mechanics it enables, by 2 points of body in round 3...

Maybe we should start another rhetorical thread for 5p Warlord vs 6p Farseer.

Yes, let's nerf a 5p bronze card that plays for like 15 points on deploy with no condition (about 10 of which is DAMAGE carryover that can be stacked infinitely), NOT including the indirect value of deathblow mechanics it enables, by 2 points of body in round 3...

Maybe we should start another rhetorical thread for 5p Warlord vs 6p Farseer.

Yes, like I said, this card is not a problem imo. 15 conditional points for 5 is on par with the rest of meta bronzes.
Also, if you let your opponent play this low tempo carryover unpunished I advice reconsider your strategy in terms of answering your opponent’s moves (both strategically and tactically).

I had no issues dealing with SK raids this and last months (leave Sove for another topic to discuss).

Well, maybe Highland Warrior Warlord first. It needs Doomed status. Or make it gold, because 'there can only be one'.

Maybe, but it became a fundamental unit for skellige decks, make it gold will kill skellige, for me that card is fine
the NG Kingslayer witcher need to have Doomed, and more people will agree i think, bc we are tired of facing NG mill deck... we are tired of facing NG 90% of the games in fact
And it should send the card to the graveyard instead of banning it, for me it no fine that a bronze card can kill a deck bc his won condition card was on the top

Yes, like I said, this card is not a problem imo. 15 conditional points for 5 is on par with the rest of meta bronzes.
Also, if you let your opponent play this low tempo carryover unpunished I advice reconsider your strategy in terms of answering your opponent’s moves (both strategically and tactically).

I had no issues dealing with SK raids this and last months (leave Sove for another topic to discuss)
It's not conditional, because "having cards in deck" is not a condition. What "meta bronzes" is it on par with? This being carryover damage points resolved on deploy (aka immediately) and spread across multiple cards, a good portion of which also have their OWN deathblow conditions removed, I'm not really aware of any other bronze that comes close in terms of value-per-turn-of-preparation. I think 10-11 points is a more reasonable number out there in the meta, outside of true engines which obviously have no ceiling, but require turns. And NONE of those non-engine bronzes get this value from damage, which is known to be the "better" kind of value than boost.

And we may as well leave that whole condescending "low tempo unpunished" strategy nonsense for another discussion as well.

Also take Magic Compass from Skellige with 8 provisions and Monsters Necromancers Tome of 8 provisions.

The Tome could be 6 provisions. Or the Magic Compass 10.

UMA22

Forum regular
Also take Magic Compass from Skellige with 8 provisions and Monsters Necromancers Tome of 8 provisions.

The Tome could be 6
The tome is so strong if played with some archetypes like vampires or the relics making the tome cost only 6 and monster will become overpowered
Or the Magic Compass 10

The compass is fine fo 8, his condition is already complicated enough, need a deck tottaly focused on it to make it work

I’m not convinced. Compared to a 10 provision Heatwave, at even cost, I will choose Heatwave 100% of the time over Invocation.
  • Heatwave does not clutter my deck with cards that usually lack synergy with my deck.
  • Heatwave is effective against scenarios and other broken artifacts.
  • On those occasions where I am opposing NG, Heatwave does not leave my opponent opportunity to snatch the card back from my deck.
Of course, my argument is as much an indightment of Heatwave as it is justification for a 9 provision Invocation. We absolutely need an unlimited tall punish. We need a card that deals with the horrible, OP artifacts in the game (but that is costly and still has value when no artifacts are present — otherwise it is binary), and we need ability to banish moderate size units like Melusine or She Who Knows. But it shouldn’t be the case that all three are handled by one card.

Regardless, when cards are as different as Schirru and Invocation, I don’t think meaningful conclusions can be drawn by direct comparison — judgments must be made based upon how their respective decks perform, and on the major reasons for that performance.
Despite this is an obvious "troll topic" i want to enter in the discussion because of your first point.

I ve already said it in a lot of topics and untill today no one could answer my bet,

I bet you to show me 5 games (video or good and valid screenshots) where:
1 - you need to use yenvo in cheap bronze boosted card there is no value in your deck to defend a possible card disvantage in roud 1, and or;
2 - you need to use yenvo in cheap bronze boosted card there is no value in your deck in round 2 to defend a bleed.

You know what, the other times i have made that bet i enter in the game and played some NG decks with yenvo, in none of my games i need to do that (i wont do it right know because i dont have time, but when i have i will play again in this "new patch")

Sometimes - and i mean only in a few games - we need to do the 1 or 2? Yes, sometimes we need.

But i think almost everycard has a downside,/brick, right?

But in the majority of the times yenvo is used in round 3, where usually there is no diference if you put more cards in your deck, or its used in early rounds in good golds played by opponent to late be use by yourself
Post automatically merged:

Hahahaha what a thread, no wonder everyone says Gwent will be done with the community driven balancing xD While Yenvo is a tall punish card that naturally fits in nearly any deck, Schirrú is wide punish and needs a specific deck and meta and can then play for a lot more than Yenvo (which is the definition of a tech card). But the question itself is absolutely bonkers. Let's compare Braathens to Filavandrel next, I wonder who's gonna win "regardless of the faction" :D
well braathens you need bronze spyes in your deck, so it only works in NG, of course.

But if you can choose betwen 1 or 2 of the bronze spies without need it in deck (or, to be clear, you can also put then in your non-NG deck - if we are talking about provisions of the bronzes spies too) i will definetly choose more braathens than filavandrael..

Lets see how many players use braathens and how many use fila, in your respective factons and you got your answer. In fact, despite one or 2 seasons where people usually payed fila to play thats pecial wich create dwarves, fila almost isnt play

Last edited:
Despite this is an obvious "troll topic" i want to enter in the discussion because of your first point.

I ve already said it in a lot of topics and untill today no one could answer my bet,

I bet you to show me 5 games (video or good and valid screenshots) where:
1 - you need to use yenvo in cheap bronze boosted card there is no value in your deck to defend a possible card disvantage in roud 1, and or;
2 - you need to use yenvo in cheap bronze boosted card there is no value in your deck in round 2 to defend a bleed.

You know what, the other times i have made that bet i enter in the game and played some NG decks with yenvo, in none of my games i need to do that (i wont do it right know because i dont have time, but when i have i will play again in this "new patch")

Sometimes - and i mean only in a few games - we need to do the 1 or 2? Yes, sometimes we need.

But i think almost everycard has a downside,/brick, right?
Unfortunately, I am not the person to take this bet — I almost always play Heatwave instead.

The game may be dead, but I’m glad there are people who are still into the “nerf NG” movement :)
Speaking of nerf NG, which card would you choose:

Siege Master which is summoned from deck when a siege engine is played and has an order to reduce an allied unit’s cooldown by 1.

or

Nauzicaa Brigade which has the same power/cost/ armor, has no order ability, and which is summoned from deck when a soldier is played — provided your opponent has already won a round.

Siege Master which is summoned from deck when a siege engine is played and has an order to reduce an allied unit’s cooldown by 1.

or

Nauzicaa Brigade which has the same power/cost/ armor, has no order ability, and which is summoned from deck when a soldier is played — provided your opponent has already won a round.

NG always had garbage bronzes, unless you cheese some way with them (which golds allow this faction to do).

I’ve seen 0 plays of Nauzicaa since its rework (and before the rework too). I don’t understand why would the useless 1 point card have this “if your opponent won the round” condition.

Siege Master on the other hand is almost auto-include.

or

Why not compare with mage assassin?

Or mage assassin is way better that we cant even compare? HUH?

Top Bottom