Which character background will you choose?

+

Which character background will you choose?

• Total voters
After having watch each of the different starting options, I really have no clue. I can see each of them being pretty funny to be honest.

But im probably leaning towards either Nomad or Street.

I feel you bruh. I also decide between Nomad or Street Kid. And also between Woman or Man. I wanna have relationship with Judy, but I dunno if she is bi or not. :D

Guest 4419821

Providing I enjoy the game and get time for multiple playthroughs I will go in this order

1st Nomad -male
2nd Street Kid - female
3rd Corpo - will decide based on who I thought had the best voice acting

Once I saw the synopsis of the 3, I immediately chose corpo for the 1st playthrough ..... Probably street kid if I do get around to replaying sometime, though :p

I was originally going Street Kid, but after watching some gameplay videos, I think I'm going for Nomad. Kinda odd how Corpo is winning the poll tho. I see many similar polls with different winners. One site said Street Kid, another said Nomad, haha. Who knows.

having played cyberpunk 2020 for over a decade, I really wished there were the full range of character classes in game, but given the choices I think it's either Nomad or street kid (, wish I could be a med techie.

having played cyberpunk 2020 for over a decade, I really wished there were the full range of character classes in game, but given the choices I think it's either Nomad or street kid (, wish I could be a med techie.
I feel like what they gave us gives the potential for making those cp2020 archetypes but I do get it. Nomad as a background complicates it but I did have a nomad solo mix ( I am sure a lot did) so it's not a huge stretch for me.

I'll start with Nomad , then Street Kid and then corpo , it kind of feels like i'm starting from a low place and then the middle and then the high ...Also i love nomad in general , because you are sort of an outsider and you come to the night city and everything is new to you , so i can connect to that right away

There are certainly no wrong choices here, but I'm choosing Street Kid. In my mind it seems like the standard/vanilla option. Kinda like with Skyrim, I think a lot of people started with a Nord Mele build. Street Kid feels like that to me, like the standard V.

So first run, Street Kid, male V. Probably a jack of all trades kinda build.

Second, Corpo fem V. I'm hoping that you can make hairstyle and face changes after initial character creation. Was thinking of a straight-laced corpo look and then once I'm a mercenary change my appearance to match. Stealthy mele and netrunner.

Third run (probably over a year from now lol) I'll try out Nomad.

current plan is Nomad, I've not seen anything on any of them. Though plan may change especially as I have an exam on the 10th before I'll be able to play which means I'll be able to read some first impressions if I want to.

I'll pick Nomad on my first gameplay, as I'm not an expert in Cyberpunk lore, I think it the best way to get an introduction into the world, since it looks like you have to "work your way" into Night City itself.

I'll pick Nomad on my first gameplay, as I'm not an expert in Cyberpunk lore, I think it the best way to get an introduction into the world, since it looks like you have to "work your way" into Night City itself.
arguably the corpo learns about the real city after the prelude too. You just get to wear fancy clothes

Easy.

Nomad.

Why? Cause, I would like to have a build up towards Night City, the main character of the game. :smart:

Same here! Id like to play my way into NC, seeing it off in the distance, building up to it.

Definitely going Nomad for my first play through. But still torn on which gangs I want to work with.

After Nomad I will go corpo or street kid because at that point I already know the city.

Thanks for the info! I was getting worried if I'd get the context if I just jumped into a Corpo life path, haha
yeah so you start with a high class lifestyle that is very based on the campaign lore but not at all resembles the life you lead during the main campaign. You get to be a stranger with only a few friends and no where to go. Thats my take at least

I have changed my choice of lifepath more than I change underwear and the only thing I have been able to decide on is that I dont want to do a Corpo slave on my first playthru.

Leaning towards Street Kid at the moment, but will probably flip-flop between that an Nomad a couple of times before release.

Last edited:
Top Bottom