Which character background will you choose?

+

Which character background will you choose?

• Total voters
I'm very unsure because I have many very good and very bad reasons for joining or not joining all of the options. I will honestly wait and see what those options really mean. Anything else I say would be head cannon in this case. :shrug:
Post automatically merged:

Good point. The game will probably provide opportunities for your character to reject their background values.

The Street Kid who who makes himself or herself useful to the Corpos, even if it screws over the people of the slums, as the best means of moving up in the world.

The Nomad who has grown weary of life on the road and embraces the more settled lifestyle of a Static in Night City.

The disgruntled & disillusioned Corpo who sides with anti-corporate elements either out of a personal vendetta (Corpo V was let go), or because they saw first hand how the corporations are responsible for much of what is wrong with Night City.
I have similar thoughts and worries.

Good point. The game will probably provide opportunities for your character to reject their background values.

The Street Kid who who makes himself or herself useful to the Corpos, even if it screws over the people of the slums, as the best means of moving up in the world.

The Nomad who has grown weary of life on the road and embraces the more settled lifestyle of a Static in Night City.

The disgruntled & disillusioned Corpo who sides with anti-corporate elements either out of a personal vendetta (Corpo V was let go), or because they saw first hand how the corporations are responsible for much of what is wrong with Night City.

Exactly! For the corpo V I was thinking about making a "redemption" character arc where V realizes how nefarious the corporations he/she has worked for are and goes on a crusade to take them down.

I hope we can show these kind of motives through dialogues.

That being said, I don't know which one I'll go with. They all look interesting.

Last edited:
Exactly! For the corpo V I was thinking about making a "redemption" character arc where V realizes how nefarious the corporations he/she has worked for are and goes on a crusade to take them down.

I hope we can show these kind of motives through dialogues.

That being said, I don't know which one I'll go with. They all look interesting.
I would be interested if we could play as corporate and work as a double agent, and choose who to play, betray the outside, or betray the corporation in the end? Maybe help them both, or betray everyone? Imagine just working for the corporations the whole entire game, but also putting on a disguise and working for everyone outside the whole time too? So deep, so thriller, much mysterious.

You can still play a street kid character who hates his past as a gang member for what ever reason and turns on them.

You say it as is I want the character to actually ever have chose to join one.
I could have chosen stret kid if if gave me a "know your enemies" instead of havin an easier time being buddy with gangs.

Going Mad Max style...

I'm gonna make my V a Nomad that is heavily focused in strength and guns. Gonna do a more brute force tanky playthrough on my first run with minor skills invested in tech.

I going to play corpo in my first walkthorugh rather than street kid and nomad. Because corpo has most of the latest tech and it is one of the most highly paid profession in the cyberpunk universe. Thus, I can get the best loot in the game and possibly unlock some of the missions that might lock behind some eddies.

More EDDIES, more AWESOME GEAR TO PURCHASE!!!!!

I going to play corpo in my first walkthorugh rather than street kid and nomad. Because corpo has most of the latest tech and it is one of the most highly paid profession in the cyberpunk universe. Thus, I can get the best loot in the game and possibly unlock some of the missions that might lock behind some eddies.

More EDDIES, more AWESOME GEAR TO PURCHASE!!!!!
Then again, the Street Kid could just, oh I don't know...steal it? :cool:

I do want to try them all. I really do. I can't explain the amount of stomach pain I have from the anxiety of waiting for CyberPunk2077 release :D

My first time playing a male Street kid second time female nomad third time flipping of corner on the sex I will play as corpo.

My male V will be, for the 1st playthrough, a Corpo/Netrunner/Ninja background. Not the hero type with delusions of grandeur or a Robin Hood Complex. Instead, my avatar will be the one disgusted by the world he grew into and wants to rebel against that same system that gave him his fortune, now that he sees through all the BS. This image can give a rough representation of how he would look like:

Salvador-Trakal-Cyberpunk-Ronin.jpg
Obviously with more variety to the face, like facial hair and an awesome hairstyle.
PS: Hopefully there's an option to customize facial features (facial hair and hairstyle) post character creation.

Tough call, I'm sure all will get a playthrough eventually. I think the plan is to start out as a street kid. Something about having that little extra street cred in the beginning (should it work that way) might be nice.

Of course plans change all the time

eventually ill run them all but likly start with nomad as it just resonates with me more from what we know of it now

Probably Corpo. Simply because I like the idea of having to earn respect from people on the street and once you do that, having more abilities and options than you might have had just starting as a normal street rat. I also feel like these paths could also be creative ways to passively select your difficulty.
Post automatically merged:

I also will want to do a playthrough as a brawler type street kid with EMP and netrunner abilities where I can just EMP and fist fight a dude while they're simply humans again.

A net-running ninja Nomad playthrough is desired as well. Using only katanas and blades and such when possible.

I'm surprised, that so many votes are on corpo. I hope that we see some more material of the other roles besides street kid in the future. But they probably keep it hidden, since the beginnings are somewhat different.

I know i'm almost a year late on this thread, but does anyone know what backstory the character in the 48 minute long gameplay had? Corpo, Street kid or Nomad.

Top Bottom