Which character background will you choose?

+

Which character background will you choose?

• Total voters
I know i'm almost a year late on this thread, but does anyone know what backstory the character in the 48 minute long gameplay had? Corpo, Street kid or Nomad.

That trailer was made before the new backgrounds were revealed. So the answer is neither of the three.

P. S. Welcome to the forums!

Sometimes there is something worse than your boss throwing you out of the 50th story board room window when you blow that multi million euro deal.
1585523831442.png 1585523869421.png

Attachments

• 1585523831442.png
    1585523831442.png
    406.9 KB · Views: 185
One aspect might be that Johnny Silverhand would be real annoyed at you, since he is very anti-corp.
[...]

Remember this may not be THE OG Johnny Silverhand:

In the movie, Transcendence with Johnny Depp, the question on my mind was whether the uploaded consciousness was harbouring ill-intent disguised as goodwill towards humanity?" The same question I find myself asking with this Johnny Silverhand. For starters, OG Johnny Silverhand was blonde and human. Who knows what this Johnny "Reeves ‘ghost’" really is and "its" (?) real intent with V… [insert ‘Dramatic Chipmunk’ meme here]

I wonder if Life Path makes any difference to romance options ? If you go Corpo you have a chance to romance Meredith Stout or if you go with Street Kid you lock Meredith Stout out as a LI ?

Hmmm good question. My guess is that if a Stout romance is at all possible, then it would be most likely tied to the dialogue choices. Telling her she is a 'raging bitch' at the end of the Maelstrom quest probably would lock you out of Stout Sexy Times, but not from doing more quests for her. If Stout Sexy Times DOES NOT involve Stout going Dominatrix in full latex and squishing your Mr Studd with her CyberHeels™, then I would be CyberDisappointed™ and demand a refund from CDPR.

Jk, instead I'd just respect CDPR for their decency.

Sometimes there is something worse than your boss throwing you out of the 50th story board room window when you blow that multi million euro deal.

{Images deleted to save space, but I do respect and appreciate them}

Yes there is...landing on the hard ass concrete street into a goo of gore and twisted metal, after you’re done with all the fun times of falling fifty floors down... “ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff***!” (40 f’s for Louis CK reference)

My playthroughs:

1st play through: Fem V Netrunner Streetkid
This V aspires to become the best of Netrunners and to become 'besties' with Alt Cunningham, leave the meatspace behind and live happily ever after in that AI Town, in the Hong Kong Netspace. Oh, and since I am still salty and butthurt that CDPR cut the 2018 version of Chippin In from the game, this V in protest, will NEVER wear SAMURAI merchandise, even if the gear has the best stats! V will be pacifist as much as possible. Hack the world with a 56k dial up modem and 4MB of RAM. And win the game on Normal difficulty.

2nd Playthrough: Fem V Nomad Mad Max Techie: Steal the spider bot. Gather all the components. Craft all the things. Snipe from afar. Develop a romance with the spider bot (role played). Addicted to Braindance and Buck O’ Slice pizzas. And win the game on Hard difficulty, maybe - unless there's something better on Braindance...

3rd Playthrough: Male V Corpo Strong Solo. This V will be dumb as concrete and in the character creation menu I will make sure as he falls, he hits every branch on the ugly tree. Who cares how ugly this corpo creature is when he can rip open doors with his CyberArms™ without hacking or even just using the door handle! Fingers crossed for Stout Sexy Times! And win the game on Insane difficulty (if there is such a thing).

I'm most interested in corporate + netrunner. I'm hoping it will open up double agent opportunities. My assumption was that you had some entry level/low paying position that gave you insider knowledge.

Last edited:
I choose Corpo because I wanna what know what happens to me when Stout ask about the mole plus a nice apartment and clothes :cool:

1586288443782.png

Even though Hispanic Denton is objectively the coolest Denton, I'll be rockin' a corpo ginger Denton.

First play through will be nomad, netrunner, silverhand as a hero, sibling murdered and an old flame in town, gives plenty of reason for a nomad to be in night city, looking for revenge and maybe to rekindle a romance. I'll make all the moral choices I can.
Second playthrough, corporate, solo, not sure if arasaka or backhand as a hero, first big kill as a major event and something to prove as my reason in night city. This one will be the cutthroat type if I can make myself choose the less morally righteous choices.

First play through will be nomad, netrunner, silverhand as a hero, sibling murdered and an old flame in town, gives plenty of reason for a nomad to be in night city, looking for revenge and maybe to rekindle a romance. I'll make all the moral choices I can.
Second playthrough, corporate, solo, not sure if arasaka or backhand as a hero, first big kill as a major event and something to prove as my reason in night city. This one will be the cutthroat type if I can make myself choose the less morally righteous choices.

I don`t know if this is just for your head cannon but Childhood Hero and Reason for being in NC are gone from the game :(

Changed my vote from Corpo to Nomad. I like the more honor-based description of the background ... and it might be fun to play as a fish out of water in the big city.

I said this another thread earlier this year:
"As for the background, I don't really have a true preference but I feel the Nomad one calls to me on some level. Beats me why that is, but it does."

It's still true, and apparently I hadn't voted in this poll yet so one more vote for Nomad.

I guess I just don't really like the idea of being a Corpo, even an ex one. Street Kid sounds even less like "me" than Corpo does.

Were these the attributes for the original tabletop game or something? Sounds hella cool!
They were part of the character creation shown in the 48 minute demo from E3 2018 but have since been replaced by the more blanket character background options in the poll.

They were part of the character creation shown in the 48 minute demo from E3 2018 but have since been replaced by the more blanket character background options in the poll.
I've been re-watching that reveal for almost two years now, but I still miss out on some details. Wonder what changes we're going to see in the final game, though, deep dive wasn't supposed to be the final version either.

I've been re-watching that reveal for almost two years now, but I still miss out on some details. Wonder what changes we're going to see in the final game, though, deep dive wasn't supposed to be the final version either.

I think it might be as simple as Keanu Reeves changed it :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom