Which character background will you choose?

+

Which character background will you choose?

• Total voters
I'm thinking probably Nomad. I like the idea of the lone wolf outsider type people look down on. I'll proceed to change their minds with personal charm or by kicking their behinds. Plus I'm thinking there'll be some quest(s) in the wastes and this will give me an easy in.

I choose Nomad, for they not only have something close to a family in CB2077, but they have a cowboy style that makes them incredibly badass.

Living that street kid life on the first playthrough.

Depending on replayability I may be more than one though, but games are so long these days finishing them once is a task.

full on streetkid who hates corpos, my V will hate the way the corpos chokehold the city and will take every oppertunity to screw them over

I will play corpo for the furst run. Can't wait to soo they're point of view of Night City.
Then Street Keed, then, Nomad.

Probably go Street Kid first, then Corpo, the Nomad.

Or I may go Street Kid last since that will probably be the "canon" run that I'll use with future content.

For me I may go Street Kid primarily because:
A) A life path similar to my current shit life...
B) A life path I can use to have society burn.

I chose Nomad because it seems like the background with the highest likelihood of having high techie skills. You scrounge and make it work with what you have. Mad Max meets MacGyver. I just want to massacre the corporate overlords with my spiderbot, grit, and ingenuity.

Corperate for me since they have the best resources and armored vehicles. Would hopefully be able to sink into corpo world and get the best weapons, vehicles, and living area.

Probably gonna try all three backgrounds, combined with different archetypes. Starting with the favorite Street Kid Techie - Androgyn character, think a cross between David Bowie and Grace Jones. Thinking about playing it with only 1 favourite weapon type (shotguns). Second a corpo hacker/assasin. Something like a chromed up version of Brigitte Nielsen in Rocky 4. Last a nomad solo. Terminator/tank type male. Clearly compensating for something and an absolute dumbwit with tech and computers.

I believe its referring too your child hood. what your enviroment was like as a child. not your day job before you became who you are... I would have loved too have seen the life path system from the Rpg implemented in some way but if they did I could see how the game would be forever in development. but this is the next best thing.

If your a nomad you grew up on the open roads around cars and bikes , your family worked hard for every thing they own. and are part of a nomadic community that works and looks out for each other. more like a tribe of families instead of a gang.

Street Kid means you grew up on the mean streets of Night City , and you needed street smarts to survive. you probably know what gangs hold what territory and what colors and behaviours to avoid getting there attention.

Corpo, means you grew up behind in the safety of a Corporate suburbia . you had access too education and opportunities that most other families cant afford.

Last edited:
The least appealing option for me is the Corpo class; the privileged a-hole class. But, it still might be interesting to make a Corpo toon at some point, exploring the advantages it brings. Will there be more possibility of making it rich? Street Kid seems a natural starting choice for me, and the Nomad also has some appeal. Pretty cool that already I can see I'll be making at least two, and probably three toons/characters.

I'm not very familiar with the CP setting so I'm thinking I'll choose Nomad. The idea being that I'll discover Nightcity in a way that's, hopefully, similar to my character. Might help the roleplaying and decision making?

Once I know the game and the city, assuming I play-through twice, I can then choose one of the other paths - probably Street Kid.

I think i'll be going for street kid first, though i plan to play through the game again a few times to try them all out.

I thought about doing corpo before and now that we seen more info on the lifepaths I can say for sure I'll choose it. It's the most interesting to me and I haven't really played a game where I was someone from the top.

lifepath corpo.jpg
lifepath Street kid.jpg
lifepath nomad.jpg

From the reviews so far, I feel that my choices will be more difficult, the origins more balanced and interesting.
I think I would still veer toward the street kid.

Top Bottom