Which character background will you choose?

+

Which character background will you choose?

• Total voters
Nomad.

It fits my lifestyle closest. Country life, over the road trucker.

Close to family but generally kind of unkempt, abrasive, tough in the elements, adaptable, etc.

Also i like the idea of playing my way into Night City. Starting out, seeing it off in the distance, then working my way in, kicking down the doors, and making a name for myself!

Corpo for me, I like playing smooth charismatic characters who know how to rub elbows with the big players of the world which matches the corpo lifestyle pretty well

Nomad.

It'll be my first time entering Night City so it fits. Plus I like the idea of a group with moral codes entering a grim city like NC.

I was actually stuck between Corpo and Street kid, but while writing a response I ended up making the choice of doing a Corpo run my first time since i'm playing as an OC of mine that seems to fit it.

Also considering it's going to be a long run and that each 'prologue' generally meets into one path, I don't think I'll be missing too much for not choosing the other two. Of course, while playing the prologue if its not my taste i'll just restart as a Street kid.

I was raised as a country farm boy so I think 'Nomad' fits that best for me. I'm very surprised at the number of 'Corpo' votes.

Nomad for first play through and then either Street Kid or Corpo.

End of the day it doesn’t matter, I will enjoy all three in time and I cannot wait.

Very very complicated to choose, if it can help maybe depending on the config for example, if you know that the game will go light: Street kid, if you know that the game will go in the middle: Nomad and if you know that the game will go to ultra 17850K: Corporation. Well, it's a picture ... :D Honestly, I still can't decide between Nomad and Corpo.

I'm torn between Corpo and Nomad...

At the moment I'm leaning towards Corpo, trying very hard for redemption and proving that still have a heart even after working for Arasaka

Wow i am shocked by the number of Corpo votes , it`s the one i dont want to try . It was a tough choice between Nomad and Street Kid which i we both play but i voted Nomad but that might be not much use in NC.
Yeah I plan to play a chaotic/neutral good street kid definitely, as I want to experience the game from the ground level and work my way up to bad assery! Though my second playthrough will definitely be Nomad, I may play corpo in the 3rd, but only through the first few hours as I really don't relate to the white collar world as much as I'm blue collar/working class in real life!

Yeah I plan to play a chaotic/neutral good street kid definitely, as I want to experience the game from the ground level and work my way up to bad assery! Though my second playthrough will definitely be Nomad, I may play corpo in the 3rd, but only through the first few hours as I really don't relate to the white collar world as much as I'm blue collar/working class in real life!

I will play Corpo but like you it will be my third play through , since that post i have firmed my choice of Nomad first St reet Kid second .

I will play Corpo but like you it will be my third play through , since that post i have firmed my choice of Nomad first St reet Kid second .
Yeah I wanted to go nomad the first play through, but decided street kid as I wanted to save my favorite for the second playthrough!

I don't know what you think about it but some people claim that started by Nomad would be the best way to discover the universe of the game since they are located outside of night city for them the city according to what I 've understood they don't know much about it, whereas for example the street kid being born in night city knows the cogs, same thing also for the corpo. After, if by playing nomad we stay 20 hours outside the city it may take a long time (way of speaking)

Some ideas :

- An independent hired killer respected and feared by all without accountability to anyone, drowned in euros dollars, luxury apartment, big berling car.

- An introverted hacker master of the night city network, depending on certain products .

- A cool anarchist, anti system metal guitarist, a little lost in the face of technology.

What about Rockerboy? I'll admit I'm not well versed in the Cyberpunk source material. So if saying that is stupid feel free to drop some knowledge on me. Yes, I am aware this isn't a role or path one would associate with your typical ARPG classes/roles/whatever. Case and point, how does a Rockerboy kill all the things? By blunt force trauma with a guitar of course. I don't see why it isn't something they could have worked with though.

Oh, and I forgot to mention. I finally caved and picked up Disco Elysium. Grandiose feelings of superstardom may be clouding my judgement.
I'm hoping a street kid will have an easier time dealing with Johnny Silverhand and at some point; *poof* he gives you an ancient rockerboy/girl chip and tells you to rebuild his "Samuri" band... "Whoaaaaa" ;)

Ps "We're not worthy."

Last edited:
I am going Nomad first as I will be playing V as a "Mad Max" kind of character where I am on the outskirts of a modern dystopia (Night City) and I will be just another person who will look to come in and earn my place in this world.

After I will do the others but I don't know in what order but I will have fun doing it because when you do 1 playthrough, you may play it like your favourite streamer/YouTuber but not realise but the 2nd time, you may pay more attention to certain areas or NPC dialogue

I dont think, I will enjoy my first play through as much as i will the others. Which is why im choosing what I am (netrunner corpo). Rather than maybe going through everything i enjoy more first.. and possibly deciding "I dont feel like doing this last one" im doing the one I personally think I might not enjoy the *most*

any way, thats my reasoning. I think after im dont instead of getting to my last play through thinking "ok here I go with the last one i didnt want to do as much.." Ill be thinking more "oh, lets go with the one I wanted to do more"

Dont get me wrong. I think net runner corpo is cool I think I will enjoy it. From the previews so far I think i might possivbly enjoy it more than i think i will. But personally, I prefer other things.

This is simply because I find it hard to actually enjoy things. And with 2077.. well cyberpunk is something i am actually very into, it got me back into reading, and most things i look up are because of my interest in "cyberpunk"

So i just want to enjoy the first AAA game as much as I can.

Last edited:
Top Bottom