Which character background will you choose?

+

Which character background will you choose?

• Total voters
Initially I was a Street Kid but I was swayed to the Nomad lifepath as it will mean both me and my in game character will be entering night city for the first time together and be playing as someone who doesn't know the city's unspoken rules.

I am thinking Female street kid to start with but hope to have one of each in both male and female flavours in time

Really too hard to choose nomad starts outside but since the time that I wait for this game somewhere it would bother me not to be directly in the city, street kid would be maybe well of the blow, and the corporation I think that the luxury and class, the choice is too difficult, I will take 3 platforms and play all 3 at the same time. lol

This is probably something that will keep me in the character creation screen longer than it should. For my first run, probably street kid cause I like the underdog story but also being from the city plus probably a bit of a head start with some gangs like the valentinos.

Well, corpo suits the real me the best and I want my first character to be as closer to real me as possible. I work in big international company and it's like a second home for me. Never was much into "street culture", but most of my life I am into Rock/Metal culture, so, I was thinking maybe nomad would suit me as well and it's pretty cool that for nomad Night City is new just like for the player. However, not the best option for my roleplay. I am even not familiar with cars at all in real life.

It was mentioned in this article that...

"There's also an option to choose your background: street kid, nomad, or corporate. It's not just for your head canon either. Your background opens up certain dialogue choices throughout the entire game. As a street kid, if someone's trying to scam you, you might be able to see through their bullshit having swindled plenty yourself. A character with a corporate background will have a better time navigating big business hierarchies."

Which background would you favor for your V?
After 2020 my feelings toward big business, corporate moguls, and government anything is at an all time low, so for that reason I'm going nomad to start out. I like the whole mad max vibe that conjures up. I've purposely not watched much of the trailers and other vids, instead just reading content from the devs. I want as fresh a start to this as possible.

I do have a question for you that are more familiar with this game. Has there been a Cyberpunk game that's come out prior to this one? Was there another game that CDPR used as inspiration to dev this? I should have done more research myself but again I didn't want to ruin things for myself.

After 2020 my feelings toward big business, corporate moguls, and government anything is at an all time low, so for that reason I'm going nomad to start out. I like the whole mad max vibe that conjures up. I've purposely not watched much of the trailers and other vids, instead just reading content from the devs. I want as fresh a start to this as possible.

I do have a question for you that are more familiar with this game. Has there been a Cyberpunk game that's come out prior to this one? Was there another game that CDPR used as inspiration to dev this? I should have done more research myself but again I didn't want to ruin things for myself.

Apologies if I'm just stating things you already know, but Cyberpunk 2077 is an adaptation of a popular pen-and-paper roleplaying game. Cyberpunk 2020 would be the main inspiration. Some characters in Cyberpunk 2077 like Johnny Silverhand or Rogue are from that pen-and-paper RPG.

There have been some popular Cyberpunk games before Cyberpunk 2077, though I'm not sure how large of an influence they'll have on the game. The Deus Ex series was probably the most well known among them (the original usually making lists of the best games of all time) but there is also Mirror's Edge. There was also a Blade Runner sidequel point-and-click adventure game from 1997 that was quite well received at the time.

I am going play female street kid and trying create lookalike of Deunan Knute from Appleseed or Motoko Kusanagi, from GiTS, as a Corpo

Corporate because I want my V to look like and be like Motoko Kusanagi from GITS (specifically the Standalone Complex version).

Last edited:
Apologies if I'm just stating things you already know, but Cyberpunk 2077 is an adaptation of a popular pen-and-paper roleplaying game. Cyberpunk 2020 would be the main inspiration. Some characters in Cyberpunk 2077 like Johnny Silverhand or Rogue are from that pen-and-paper RPG.

There have been some popular Cyberpunk games before Cyberpunk 2077, though I'm not sure how large of an influence they'll have on the game. The Deus Ex series was probably the most well known among them (the original usually making lists of the best games of all time) but there is also Mirror's Edge. There was also a Blade Runner sidequel point-and-click adventure game from 1997 that was quite well received at the time.
I knew I'd played something that looked familiar, the Deus Ex series, loved that so much! I also played Mirror's Edge which was just as fun and ahead of its time, IMO.

I didn't know about the pen and paper game, not sure how I missed it unless I was overseas when it came out.

I started CP2077 late last night and I made it through the character setup before I couldn't play anymore. I'm rested and ready to go today and so looking forward to it. Thanks for the information.

The HUGE problem here is not what you choose. The way they managed the origin story is the worst possible, it feels like it does not matter what you choose in fact. This is a huge minus for me. I was so excited to try CORPO and I got like 5 mins. and then BAM, end of Corpo life

The HUGE problem here is not what you choose. The way they managed the origin story is the worst possible, it feels like it does not matter what you choose in fact. This is a huge minus for me. I was so excited to try CORPO and I got like 5 mins. and then BAM, end of Corpo life
I'm assuming you don't mean end of your character's life, but the end of the identity of CORPO? I chose Nomad and I see no semblance of Mad Max identity, except for the vehicle, and that was only for the first 45 mins as my buddy got it souped up to look totally different. It must be wrt character interactions with others as I do get questioned a lot about my so-called clan.

What specifically turned you off after the first 5 mins?

I'm assuming you don't mean end of your character's life, but the end of the identity of CORPO? I chose Nomad and I see no semblance of Mad Max identity, except for the vehicle, and that was only for the first 45 mins as my buddy got it souped up to look totally different. It must be wrt character interactions with others as I do get questioned a lot about my so-called clan.

What specifically turned you off after the first 5 mins?
I do not wish to add spoilers here.

With out a doubt Nomad will be my first life path play through, since like the Nomad will be coming into this eye's wide open seeing it all for the first time. That and like as Nomad Loyalty and Family and freedom all important.

Hard to say which I will choose for my second play through.

Top Bottom