Which character do you dislike most?

+
Is Ruth Dzeng meant to be cyberpunk's Ellen DeGeneres? Equally as annoying.

Regina Jones and Skippy really piss me off too.

Definitely Kerry. He is a walking cliche with a huge ego and selfish spoilt brat attitude. Also the "romance" scene with him is soooooo cheesy.
Post automatically merged:

Also, has anyone else found that his voice weirdly doesn't match his physical appearance?
He looks like the usual gay guy, which is fine, but his voice sounds like a redneck trucker that smokes too many Marlboroughs.
I find it hard to put the voice together with the character.

Johnny.

Reason (spoilers): per Relic 2.0 documentation shard's in-game text (from Hellman), Relic 2.0 (which V has slotted in) can only activate construct transfer in the event of complete and _irreversible_ cease of any and all neural activity in the host body. I.e., the only way Johnny could even start taking over V's body - is if V's person would be entirely gone with no way to bring it back to life.

This means, with complete certainty, that V, as a person, is completely gone and dead shortly after Dex shoots V in the head. Certainly by the time construct 1st takes control of V's body motor functions - namely when Johnny (no more V!) repeatedly hits V's appartment wall with his forehead.

Consequently, it is all Johnny after that: he _imagines_ that V is alive, he pretends as if it's (by then actually gone) V's person who is controlling V's body (most of the time), he's having heavy case of split personality disorder (one person in his new 'ganic mind being "old Johnny", the other being "what Johnny thinks V would be"), and he's having hallucinations of his former self.

I.e., for most of the game, not only we play not as some mercenary (V), but as a ressurected terrorist, addict and murderer (Johnny) - he's also a psycho who thinks he's two people, while being just one.

"Bleh". :D

Johnny.

Reason (spoilers): per Relic 2.0 documentation shard's in-game text (from Hellman), Relic 2.0 (which V has slotted in) can only activate construct transfer in the event of complete and _irreversible_ cease of any and all neural activity in the host body. I.e., the only way Johnny could even start taking over V's body - is if V's person would be entirely gone with no way to bring it back to life.

This means, with complete certainty, that V, as a person, is completely gone and dead shortly after Dex shoots V in the head. Certainly by the time construct 1st takes control of V's body motor functions - namely when Johnny (no more V!) repeatedly hits V's appartment wall with his forehead.

Consequently, it is all Johnny after that: he _imagines_ that V is alive, he pretends as if it's (by then actually gone) V's person who is controlling V's body (most of the time), he's having heavy case of split personality disorder (one person in his new 'ganic mind being "old Johnny", the other being "what Johnny thinks V would be"), and he's having hallucinations of his former self.

I.e., for most of the game, not only we play not as some mercenary (V), but as a ressurected terrorist, addict and murderer (Johnny) - he's also a psycho who thinks he's two people, while being just one.

"Bleh". :D
Hehe I like this point. Never really looked at it closely enough.
Saying that though, I dislike Johnny, but purely because he's an Asshole.
I guess my V is a self hating terrorist addict murderer then. Quite the charmer really!

Hehe I like this point. Never really looked at it closely enough.
Saying that though, I dislike Johnny, but purely because he's an Asshole.
I guess my V is a self hating terrorist addict murderer then. Quite the charmer really!
Self-hating terrorist addict murderer psycho, yes. But he loves cats, yes. :D

Guest 4400165

I dont like Panam..shes annoying..she acts like a bratty child with an attitude problem and she goes from bitch to nice back to bitch and so on..poor writing on her character..I like Dum Dum tho..I wish there was more Maelstrom missions to chat with them..
Oh, finally someone else said it!
I knew that right from the very first dialogue at the parking lot. It also annoys me that her stupid name is said like a million times, like it's on purpose.

I have a bunch, actually. I know some people who partially share some of those archetypes and...yeah.

I don't like Judy, I think she falls under the same category as Panam (mood swings, personal issues, and all that) and has an equally unsettling voice (no offence to the voice actresses - both did splendid job, it's just me).

And Kerry, he's supposed to have this arc to go from a miserable person to a more confident one, but when he meets that girl band - the whole arc flops hard and he remains the same person, but more self-aware. Nothing's changed, just a situational boost of confidence. And after we've helped him, when we called at the end, he was like "cool, I'm not gonna pretend I give a shit, sooo, cya".

And River - too cheesy ("good guy", muscled, caring, cooking, romantic, "does what has to be done") and inconsistent. Abiding the law and not becoming dirty? Sure. Breaking into a police station and doing whatever follows for personal benefit? No problem. Ehhm, huh?

Misty - trippy, whimsically f**ked-up and all so softly-speaking, with some abstractly vague religious shit? Nope.
We're supposed to care for her, but we don't know her. Jackie mentioned her occasionally, but it was more like "I have a gf named Misty", "did you know I had a girlfriend named Misty?", "ah, Misty, that's my girlfriend".

Takemura, he was recruited as a child soldier by Arasaka in a slum that fulfills the purpose of providing child soldiers.Now he is an adult,has grown across the ranks and just helps to keep the same situation.You point that to him and he says "yeah,but the corp cannot take care of all"...c'mon all no,but this particular system abuse that Arasaka is using maybe yes.

Takemura's a grunt, always was, always will be. Cannon fodder. Glorified chrome and fancy training, but in essense he's still dumb block. Especially since it's well known that only this kind of goon can ever be any much loyal and reliable body guard.

That's why it's kinda wrong to dislike Takemura. Pal's stupid in many ways, it's more like certain medical condition than anything else, in a way. I mean, what sense there is to dislike, say, someone with half a leg? Or say an arm missing? Doesn't make much sense, does it? Well Takemura's like half a brain broken, see. Asking him complex questions is like telling one-handed man to handle an HMG well. Kinda impossible. ;)

"WHICH CHARACTER DO YOU DISLIKE MOST?"

Johnny. "Dislike" is in a lightyears far-reaching state of decomposition. I DESPISE JOHNNY!

I've been receiving him from day 1 as nothing more than a braindead glitching nuisance, that you just can't switch off. Been thinking a couple of times what CDPR's intentions were for the character Johnny Silverhand in this game. Was he meant to guide V? Was he indented to be funny, to let the player laugh? Was he meant to be sarcastic? I just can't figure it out. Not once did he made me laugh. Not once was his unasked advise and or guidance helpful.

Johnny Silverhand makes me think about loverboys, which I absolutely equally despise. Really hope for some new future DLC storylines without any Johnnys.

For sure its Dex... I think I don't owe explanation why :shrug:
But after him it would be Takemura especially after hearing his message at the end of the game when you save him and don't go with arasaka "root in hell kuso-ama( bit*h )", also on first playthrough he seemed to me like a friendly guy '-'

Hard question to answer, there is Judy because she is a quitter, Takemura the willing servant of evil, and Johnny the hypocrite.

I guess I hate Johnny the most, it might be because of how much time I'm forced to deal with him. He behaves just like the corps he hates, using people to get his way without thought to the consequences.

For sure its Dex... I think I don't owe explanation why :shrug:
But after him it would be Takemura especially after hearing his message at the end of the game when you save him and don't go with arasaka "root in hell kuso-ama( bit*h )", also on first playthrough he seemed to me like a friendly guy '-'
But i think you do.

Dex's quite alright fella in compare to some. Much reminds me of real world gangsters of 1930s - sure is cruel and merciless, yes, and backstabs with no second thought when there is no other way to get out of some predicament - but in the same time, he's got certain honor, too. Proof being T-Bug - still alive, well and even quite respecting Dex, despite/after doing a number of gigs with/for Dex in the past.

Certainly the fact he tries to wipe V out is nothing oh too special, in itself? V's doing lots of very same stuff - dropping folks for cash - throughout the game. If anything, if this is the one and only reason, then objectively it's V to dislike much more than Dex, based on how many folks V offs just because some fixer offered V to earn some cash by doing it.

So yep. Much interested to know your explanation here.

Top Bottom