Which character do you dislike most?

+
In your view, it is as if it was his fault for not having the power to change the very situation he came from, that is simply not true. You can't expect to blame him for having a much better life than anyone around him even imagined for him.

It is in everyone's responsibility to make the most of the opportunities of each own life, it can not be pretended that if some others did better, they magically owe it to someone else who did nothing for them in the first place.

In his life experience, he did not spend his time blaming others or waiting for other people to take care of his own problems, so he's not the hangman of anyone, just the saviour of his own life. That's pretty much admirable at least.
Your here objections to Didacgomez's post are quite solid for a westerner. Most western people, at least, would be well described by this, i think.

Thing is, Takemura's not one. From what we learn in game, the opportunity to become Saburo's bodyguard was the highest honor for Takemura, taken with great deal of self-sacrifice and with many years of extreme effort. In his mind, it was not "an opportunity". The idea of "maybe i should decline this job" - never ever crossed his mind. The moment Saburo chose Takemura (it was outta ~hundred candidates if memory serves?), it was decided. So not an opportunity - instead, a duty. Very hard one, too.

I think it's fair to even consider Takemura's lost "his life" the moment Saburo chose him. From that moment onwards, Takemura's life belonged not to Takemura. It wasn't a "job" he took - rather, it was a sacrifice he made. His personal goals, ambitions, desires - everything of the sort was put away, and all his time was instead devoted to make sure Saburo is safe.

This all is from Takemura's own words, mainly "sidelines" (blue) and some few big "optional" sections of dialog with him which V can get. At least, this is the impression i got about his person.

Maiko Maeda, for being cunning, traitorous that she was using judy and V to get the position that she wants. She used judy's kindness and weakness and V's expertise and in the end she won for taking over clouds not unless you kill her and not get the kiss from judy.

Fred.
I thought he was an okay dude up until the final fight. Then he hurt my feelings. :(
"I believe in you, V!" my ass.

Takemura, he was recruited as a child soldier by Arasaka in a slum that fulfills the purpose of providing child soldiers.Now he is an adult,has grown across the ranks and just helps to keep the same situation.You point that to him and he says "yeah,but the corp cannot take care of all"...c'mon all no,but this particular system abuse that Arasaka is using maybe yes.
+1 for Takemura but for different reasons.

I love how the character is written but I can't "like" him like I did in my first playthrough after seeing his full arc. It is more apparent to me now that using V to his own goals was higher on his list of priorities.

Love the character. Excellently written. V can't change or convince everyone. Love the interactions and he humanizes the corpo perspective. Also dislike.

My least favorite character is...the rest of you. :shrug:

But really, the Arasakas. They are exactly the worst kind of zaibatsu tyrants one could imagine. Powerful, rich, spoiled, arrogant, cruel, and cold. Exactly the stereotype they've always been in this setting.

I don't believe Johnny hates them for why he says he hates them, I think he's just a misanthrope and sociopath. But I hate them for the reasons he says he hates them, and that's good enough for me. I do like Takemura though...even if he's a brainwashed, hidebound, arrogant, delusional ass. At least he THINKS he stands for something.

Also, Stout. I'm glad I sold her out.

Do wish I got to know Dum Dum more. He seemed a pleasant lunatic.

Correction, the Voodoo Boys. What a bunch of arrogant, cowardly, backstabbing assholes. Every one of them. Yeah, fuck those guys.

Last edited:
It's easier to say who I like as I dislike all other characters. The only character that passes for me is River. Everyone else is hollow and shallow. Especially that gal who "outs" herself as a transsexual. Literally there was no reason to randomly blurt that out except for woke points.

I'm kind of surprised at the answers people have been giving so far, saying that they hate various members of the game's main cast more than some of the seedy characters who were obviously written to be despised (such as Fingers, Placide, etc.).

It is quite possible you missed (or, perhaps not reached yet?) the part where Johnny explains who he is. I really doubt you'd be asking those questions if you would not.

So - obviously spoilers - if you really want to know, then in less than two minutes Johnny will tell you the answer, himself:

You misunderstood me. I know what Johnny Silverhand is, a personage. Personages are meant to entertain the player. The personage, "Johnny Silverhand" doesn't entertain me in the least. It generates nothing but frustration, hindrance, distractions and annoyances with me. None of the conversations with Johnny are entertaining, and/or interesting. If he was funny, he would be cool to play with, but he's not.

If other players like the way he is, then he's their man, but he's definitely not mine.

Dislike in terms of coudnt connect in any way or felt annoying - River, which is quite a shame because he could have been a great character with a little bit of tuning and has a great sidequest line. But they simplified some things which make him less real, rushed a lot of romantic stuff, has some very corny lines and forces V into cooperation with him for no specific reason (you worked once on your common job and then he shows up with personal case like it is very obvious that you will join him on a quest for free). Even Panam and Judy after much more jobs together offer you some kind of reward knowing that usually nothing comes for free in NC which you can refuse showing that you put friendship first.

There is of course a lof ot "evil" characters you naturally dont like, but they are well written and executed so its not something I dislike because thats just how it should be. For example Dex would be a obvious choice - but is he really that much different than any other fixer in NC? His reaction after Heist shows that he wasnt planning to screw you at the beginning, but once things got nasty he panicked knowing whats gonna happen and make a calculation what is best for himself.

Dislike in terms of coudnt connect in any way or felt annoying - River, which is quite a shame because he could have been a great character with a little bit of tuning and has a great sidequest line. But they simplified some things which make him less real, rushed a lot of romantic stuff, has some very corny lines and forces V into cooperation with him for no specific reason (you worked once on your common job and then he shows up with personal case like it is very obvious that you will join him on a quest for free). Even Panam and Judy after much more jobs together offer you some kind of reward knowing that usually nothing comes for free in NC which you can refuse showing that you put friendship first.

There is of course a lof ot "evil" characters you naturally dont like, but they are well written and executed so its not something I dislike because thats just how it should be. For example Dex would be a obvious choice - but is he really that much different than any other fixer in NC? His reaction after Heist shows that he wasnt planning to screw you at the beginning, but once things got nasty he panicked knowing whats gonna happen and make a calculation what is best for himself.
During my last gameplay River chased me (by teleporting) plus phone messages to come back because I went further than the quest zone, this and him being underdeveloped and behaving like a baby is quite opposite of a cool NC cop.
Post automatically merged:

I'm kind of surprised at the answers people have been giving so far, saying that they hate various members of the game's main cast more than some of the seedy characters who were obviously written to be despised (such as Fingers, Placide, etc.).
Well, Fingers, Placide, VDB, the Scavs, all added to the list.

Regina.

She was the NC intro tutorial fixer. There were quite a few much more interesting fixers that clearly had deeper roots in NCs undercurrents like Padre and Rogue and I found a lot of their jobs and characters more revealing and interesting. But there was so much REGINA. She had some interesting jobs but seemed out of the loop herself and so she was way less interesting to me.

I was sitting here playing and it occurred to me that there are few characters I just do not like.

At the moment I am just sick of listening to Ruth Djeng.

Ruth Djeng is The Kujira.
Any NPC that forces me into a BD., for they are absolutely the worst part of CP for me...just hate them!

I'm sorry but it has to be V for me

Spoilers!! incoming, because I'll explain why;

V is extremely gullible and naieve in Cyberpunk 2077, especially as Streetkid and Corpo, while Nomad V could atleast use the fact that (s)he lived in the badlands as excuse for not having a clue.
Every time V has an argument with Johnny, who explains what wrong with the world I immediately get it, while V reacts in rather oblivious ways. V grows up on the streets of a city owned by Corporations, where the understaffed police is privately owned, only 3% gets proper medical care while there is a 33% unemployment rate. Corpo troops are all over the city and do whatever they like. In the Badlands Militech simply replaces the NCPD. And yet (Streekid/corpo)V seems to have spent their whole lifetime in a basement as they seem completely unaware about the situation.

I'll give more specific example; Dexter Deshawn. V goes "Yea, hitting the major leagues with Dex!" or, "Dexter Deshawn, thats who!" But its seems wellknown that Dex is a rather shady figure(even among fixers) who has left the city a while ago because the ground got to hot beneath his feet. Various characters like Viktor warn V about him and even Royce has a good laugh when V brings up Dex.
Yet when Jackie dies and the heist fails, V decides that the best idea is to go see the same untrustworthy character. V then explains how Jackie is dead in person(you can lie about the chip, but that doesnt seem to have any effect). Why? Just call Dex on the holo, tell him you are going underground and deliver the chip to Evelyn or, if she doesnt want it anymore, get rid of it as fast as possible. Insist that Delamain bring you to Jackie's family. In NC, people get killed because someone suspected them, without proof. The idea that Dex might turn on you because you are suspected of murder, to tie up loose ends, maybe to make money off of turning you in or simply eliminate you because you "failed" were things that I imediately thought of.
And yes, I'm aware that the story has to play out and we have to get stuck with Johnny somehow, it just seems like Takemura is right when he calls V an "amateur merc" at one point. I actually think he is still being nice when he does.

I think that most people simply forgot those characters, they're basically an after thought. Of course since most people here seem to hate main characters, it kind of raises the question as to why so many characters were written the way they were?

I think that most people simply forgot those characters, they're basically an after thought. Of course since most people here seem to hate main characters, it kind of raises the question as to why so many characters were written the way they were?

Considering that some of the fan favorite characters are listed in the thread multiple times, I think it's less a matter of the writing being a problem and more that people are using this thread as an opportunity to let out their Two Mintues Hate against popular characters that regularly get a lot of love on Cyberpunk boards.

Considering that some of the fan favorite characters are listed in the thread multiple times, I think it's less a matter of the writing being a problem and more that people are using this thread as an opportunity to let out their Two Mintues Hate against popular characters that regularly get a lot of love on Cyberpunk boards.
I can only speak for myself but it's more that fan favorites are complex characters and can you really say you've written a good complex character if different players don't come out with different perspectives of them? I agree with the earlier point that we are definitely skipping past obvious disliked character choices. Probably because they're simple and obvious like Woodman.

Maybe, I don't know for sure, but lots of people hate Silverhand. I didn't even think about minor characters when I posted originally.

Top Bottom