Which character do you dislike most?

+
Kerry for his unrelenting narcissism. A very well written character who belongs in the game, so I dislike him, not his being there.

Additional negative points because everyone else got romance options who had some interest in *V*, rather than what V could do for them!!!

Kerry for his unrelenting narcissism. A very well written character who belongs in the game, so I dislike him, not his being there.

Additional negative points because everyone else got romance options who had some interest in *V*, rather than what V could do for them!!!
Well, V is the carrier of his interest i would say.

Well, V is the carrier of his interest i would say.
I've written about Kerry before but as far as I can see, what Kerry is is a rescue case -- an emotional vampire and vortex of need who sees V not as an equal in an adult relationship but the source of emotional buttressing Kerry desperately craves to rebuild his ego and stop hating himself. That is a relationship constructed from the needs of one person in it (and people in that situation, unwittingly, tend to hoover up the emotional support they require, use it to fix themselves and then move on).

I do think he's exceptionally well written and I'm quite impressed they even carried it through to the endings (
asking V to do the shopping because, you know, Kerry's martinis are the most important thing, and the faint glimmer of self-awareness that follows, was a nice touch
)!

I've written about Kerry before but as far as I can see, what Kerry is is a rescue case -- an emotional vampire and vortex of need who sees V not as an equal in an adult relationship but the source of emotional buttressing Kerry desperately craves to rebuild his ego and stop hating himself. That is a relationship constructed from the needs of one person in it (and people in that situation, unwittingly, tend to hoover up the emotional support they require, use it to fix themselves and then move on).

I do think he's exceptionally well written and I'm quite impressed they even carried it through to the endings (
asking V to do the shopping because, you know, Kerry's martinis are the most important thing, and the faint glimmer of self-awareness that follows, was a nice touch
)!
Ah yes,i like how he is written ( yep,also see as rescue due to his past).
I was more pointing to
Is not the only romance whos 1st contact is not with V but with Johnny?

Oh I see ! Kerry just got even weirder in my head. :-D
Theres even a twitter clarification of Rtalsorian(bear in mind,that cdpr didn't say anything and this is his version), because in canon he is bisexual and there was some question about why in-game male preference.

Jackie, definitely Jackie. With any play-through he becomes annoying to the point I can't wait until he dies. Just wish I had the option to kill him myself...

Last edited:
Joshua Stephenson from the Sinnerman questline. Sure he tried to repent for his sins but it felt very much self-indulgent. Like he found god and he felt he had to do something special to help save the world. It still felt very narcissistic in his motivations. Like oh I've been a horrible man but I found god and he found me and now I know what I have to do to try and heal this corrupt world. Just didn't believe his intentions were really genuine and came from a much more selfish and narcissistic mindset.

Joshua Stephenson from the Sinnerman questline. Sure he tried to repent for his sins but it felt very much self-indulgent. Like he found god and he felt he had to do something special to help save the world. It still felt very narcissistic in his motivations. Like oh I've been a horrible man but I found god and he found me and now I know what I have to do to try and heal this corrupt world. Just didn't believe his intentions were really genuine and came from a much more selfish and narcissistic mindset.
I don't really know what I can thinking about him.
Maybe a "sincere madness" :D
"Madness", because it sounds really weird to think he could change the world by doing that.
"Sincere" because I feel like he really (really) believes in it (maybe I'm naive, but I think everyone can change, even the worst poeple).

As long as it's just him, I honestly don't mind. As long as he doesn't kill anyone in the name of god, he can do whatever he wants (with his head where there is probably only cat shit left today) :)

Edit : fun moment...
I leave the Clouds, pause the game, post on the forum, take the controller, call judy and look up :
915fd266-8e47-4daa-b3e6-74d3d0c8309f.PNG

Post automatically merged:

Back to the subject :)
For me, all the characters are pretty goods, even the "bad guys". But I could said : Saul.
Why ? That sound weird :(
So just because despite the fact that I risked my life to save his little ass, every time I pass near him, he tells me in a rather "displeasing" tone :
"Ah ! You have better things to do ? Good because me too !"
it's very annoying :D

Last edited:
V, the storyless camera-operator
I was going to say there are too many to list....
Johnny..
Esp returned Johhny who pisses on V and V's friends..
Regina..

but I have to hand it to you for pointing out the character who isnt a character

you win

i honestly don't like V. literally no personality besides edgy sarcastic merc who is trying to make it big in night city. the worst of two words. he/she is too much of a predefined character to fill in the blanks in your mind like in skyrim and not defined enough to make her/him a interesting person.

Last edited:
Kerry, mostly because how CDPR made this narcisistic walking stereotype of gay man an only option for gay V, especially since every other romancable character is actually likeable and have some sort of "noble" side [...]. It's a pity that if you are a gay men in Night City then you can either end up in (what I see as) a toxic relationship with a heavily self-absorbed person, or just be alone.

Last edited:
OMG Dakota Smith (Badlands Fixer) is my #1 most disliked character! She basically told me off after almost all her gigs. Hell if she wanted a sneaky tip toe'er then she should contracted Solid Snake for her gigs and not my V!!! It's the BADlands for goodness sake, I seriously wanted to find a way to fix this fixer permanently.

Regina Jones comes in second, A) D'n Skippy B) her lazy butt not being able to be contacted after the Cyberpsycho Sighting: Where the Bodies Hit the Floor! Last trophy needed for Platinum. :( :)

Last edited:
Yep I can't deny that :D
But he have some awesome dialogue lines !
"I knew I could count on you ! The job is done and my gratitude should soon arrive on your account"
"How are you V, do you have time to sleep ? Well not me, not as long as there is money to be made !"
Speaking of fixers, the one I disliked the most, by far, is El Capitan, proud owner of ugliest haircut in NC. It was an eyesore everytime he appeared on my screen. Plus, he's living on the street and his car looks like something he took from the scrapyard.
I just expected him to start singing random Oasis songs like Champagne Supernova or Wonderwall, since he looks like he frequents Liam Gallagher's barbershop.

Kerry, mostly because how CDPR made this narcisistic walking stereotype of gay man an only option for gay V, especially since every other romancable character is actually likeable and have some sort of "noble" side [...]. It's a pity that if you are a gay men in Night City then you can either end up in (what I see as) a toxic relationship with a heavily self-absorbed person, or just be alone.
I don't think he's necessarily a stereotype in that he's a very, very well written character but, yes. All the way through his quests my view was why would I *ever* want to be in a relationship with *that*. He has a giant painting of *himself* hanging on his wall. :-D

Top Bottom