Which characters do you want to see in Witcher 3 ?

+
I have to politely disagree.
I don't want to see any of Geralt's deceased companions. Milva, Cahir, Regis and Angoulême all had such perfect (beautiful albeit tragic) send-offs, reintroducing any of them into the proceedings of Witcher 3 would only undermine that achievement. Don't cheapen* one of the best conlusions to any book series in the fantasy genre just for the sake of providing a bit of fan service.

Now, I'm aware that Regis demise is somewhat more vague (no flash back to his youth or anything similar) - despite its quite graphic depiction - and the fact that he's missing from the group of dearly departed people that Ciri, Yarpen, Zoltan and Triss see when they load Geralt and Yennefer into the boat during the Rivian pogrom in combination with him having survived what one would consider a pretty lethal injury once before leads some people to believe that, while he might be dead, he's getting better all the time. ;) And while that is a valid interpretation, personally I'd prefer it if he wouldn't make an appearance in the game.

*I mean, in a way the mere existence of the games does somewhat reduce the impact of the ending of "Lady of the Lake", but then this strikes me as a necessary compromise given that without Geralt there simply would be no Witcher game franchise. :D
I agree. But Geralt's "deceased companions" can reappear in flashbacks :)
Geralt has regained his memories and CDPR confirmed that they will use flashbacks as a narrative tool.

Kalkstein to return in Witcher 3?

I think there is a possibility Kalkstein could return from Witcher 1. He was a cool character and it would be interesting to encounter him again. My reasoning behind why he may appear again is because as a alchemist he mentioned Oxenfurt a lot. As we know, in Witcher 3 Oxenfurt will now be a area we can travel to. Do you think we may run into Kalkstein again?

I think there is a possibility Kalkstein could return from Witcher 1. He was a cool character and it would be interesting to encounter him again. My reasoning behind why he may appear again is because as a alchemist he mentioned Oxenfurt a lot. As we know, in Witcher 3 Oxenfurt will now be a area we can travel to. Do you think we may run into Kalkstein again?

As of this January GOG.com Q&A (31 minutes in), Kalkstein, Shani, and the Lady of the Lake weren't yet in the game. They will be mentioned, though. However, the team hasn't ruled them out for later DLC additions.

Last edited:

Since Oxenfurt is in(yay!) I would like to hear his gibberish about all things alchemical again. "Might rubedo be better?" :happy:

I loved the many philosophical conversations about choices and identity in Witcher 1. I fondly remember Kalkstein sharing his wisdom about choices and regretting them on the bridge outside Vizima.

As of this January GOG.com Q&A (31 minutes in), Kalkstein, Shani, and the Lady of the Lake weren't yet in the game. They will be mentioned, though. However, the team hasn't ruled them out for later DLC additions.

Question I've looked and couldn't find an answer. What species was Kalkstien?

Just remembered but I would love to see all characters of Toussaint. The queen ( and former lover of Jaskier ) the knights ( who Geralt befriended ). And one place I'd love to be able to visit near Toussaint is The secret cavern when Geralt first met Avallac'h. With the hidden wall, the statues of Lara Dorren and Cregennan of Lod. The monsters friend that live there. Thinking about it, there is so much I want to do in this world, and I'd be more than happy just to do a quarter of it :horse:

Top Bottom