Which Decisions Define The Endings?

+
Which Decisions Define The Endings?

So after playing through the game and getting the empress ending, I kind of ruined the other two for me by reading up on things on the forum, but I'd still like to experience them myself.

Basically, my question is: which are specific choices that have to be made in order to get the other two endings. Could anybody answer without going into details about the endings themselves (I know that one is 'Ciri dies' and the other is 'Ciri goes witcher forever')? I'd really appreciate it.

So after playing through the game and getting the empress ending, I kind of ruined the other two for me by reading up on things on the forum, but I'd still like to experience them myself.

Basically, my question is: which are specific choices that have to be made in order to get the other two endings. Could anybody answer without going into details about the endings themselves (I know that one is 'Ciri dies' and the other is 'Ciri goes witcher forever')? I'd really appreciate it.

The choices you made with Ciri. You get the empress ending because you get her to Emhyr.
In order to get the Witcheress ending, you need to go directly to Bald Mountain.
She dies (or better, disappears), if you take the wrong decisions when you talk to her. Drink instead of playing snow ball, take the money from Emhyr, don't destroy Avallc'h lab, or not going with her to Skjall grave.

In order to get the Witcheress ending, you need to go directly to Bald Mountain.
FUUUUUU.... Thanks man, but damn. First I went directly to Bald Mountain, but then I loaded my game and went to Emhyr first, because I thought "no harm in that, it's always good to hear some more Charles Dance". And then when Ciri left Emhyr pissed off, I really didn't think it would have such a huge impact on anything.

Now that I see how close I was to getting the so called "good ending"... I'm not sure how to feel about that.
Anyway, thank you for the quick answer!

Last edited:
FUUUUUU.... Thanks man, but damn. First I went directly to Bald Mountain, but then I loaded my game and went to Emhyr first, because I thought "no harm in that, it's always good to hear some more Charles Dance". And then when Ciri left Emhyr pissed off, I really didn't think it would have such a huge impact on anything.

Now that I see how close I was to getting the so called "good ending"... I'm not sure how to feel about that.
Anyway, thank you for the quick answer!

You're welcome.
Another thing. Maybe I used the wrong words in my previous post, it could be misunderstood.
I explain better. Drink with her, take money from Emhyr, don't destroy avallac'h lab and not going with her to Skjall grave are the bad choices.

You're welcome.
Another thing. Maybe I used the wrong words in my previous post, it could be misunderstood.
I explain better. Drink with her, take money from Emhyr, don't destroy avallac'h lab and not going with her to Skjall grave are the bad choices.
Yeah, you can still get the witcheress ending if you take her to Emhyr. You just gotta turn down the coin!

Yeah, you can still get the witcheress ending if you take her to Emhyr. You just gotta turn down the coin!

Are you sure about that?
Because honestly I'm not.
When Ciri meets Emhyr, they have a talk. That discussion is what lead her to take the choice to became empress.

Are you sure about that?
Because honestly I'm not.
When Ciri meets Emhyr, they have a talk. That discussion is what lead her to take the choice to became empress.
Recently finished my 2nd playthrough, I let her go see Emhyr and still got the witcheress ending. I think it also has to do with letting her go see the Lodge alone. (Which I didn't do in either of my playthroughs.)

I refused the coin, and got the empress ending. So there's another decision that can lead to the witcheress ending...?

I think it also has to do with letting her go see the Lodge alone. (Which I didn't do in either of my playthroughs.)
Neither did I... :hmm:

No, but if Nilfgaard loses the war you can still get Witcheress ending.

Refusing the coin is the best option to get both good endings in that situation, taking the coin sets you up for the bad ending. Especially if you mess up the other interactions, like the snowball fight, the lodge, the lab, the grave.

I refused the coin, and got the empress ending. So there's another decision that can lead to the witcheress ending...?

Neither did I... :hmm:
So I just went back and looked over my save, turns out "Forcefully pushing away." Dijkstra locks you out of "Reasons of State" which in turn prevents Emhyr from winning the war and our little Ciri becomes a witcher.

A bit off topic but I thought I got the bad ending. I thought Ciri died. When the emporer asked where I was going I said to see Triss. I thought oh maybe she won't hate me anymore. Then I got the sword and when I looked at it I was like WTF. I almost sold it but then I thought Geralt had it for a momento to remember Ciri. When I got to the tavern seeing Ciri surprised me.

But ya, you need to do the snowball fight, smash the lab, see the grave, and let her go to the lodge alone. You don't have to do all four but at least some of them.

I went with her to see the lodge and did the other three. I kept her away from the emporer because he's just a dick. I figured I lost yen and Triss so it was priority number 1 to make sure Ciri lived. It worked out so yay.

So the specific choices which determine the ending are:
Whether you took her to see Emhyr.
Whether you accepted coin from Emhyr.
Whether you chose to have a snowball fight with her or told her she doesn't need to be good at everything.
Whether you let her go speak with the Lodge alone or went with her.
Whether you let her trash the laboratory or gave her the amulet.
Whether you visited Skjall's grave with her and chose the right dialogue option... don't quite remember what were the choices there.

Oh yeah, plus there's the conclusion of Reasons of State questline and whether you actually did those. You have to tell Djisktra about Ciri in order to unlock the final quest there.

A bit off topic but I thought I got the bad ending. I thought Ciri died. When the emporer asked where I was going I said to see Triss. I thought oh maybe she won't hate me anymore. Then I got the sword and when I looked at it I was like WTF. I almost sold it but then I thought Geralt had it for a momento to remember Ciri. When I got to the tavern seeing Ciri surprised me.

But ya, you need to do the snowball fight, smash the lab, see the grave, and let her go to the lodge alone. You don't have to do all four but at least some of them.

I went with her to see the lodge and did the other three. I kept her away from the emporer because he's just a dick. I figured I lost yen and Triss so it was priority number 1 to make sure Ciri lived. It worked out so yay.

At least 2 out of 4.
But the most decisive would be the part whether you'll be taking her to see the emperor or not.

To get Ciri to become a witcher you have to pick all the good choices. However, there is one option. Bald Mountain vs. going to see the emperor. If you go to Bald Mountain you automatically tell the emperor that she died no matter what happens during the war or if Radovid is assassinated or not. Now if you go see Emhyr you MUST reject the coin. Doing this can lead to one of two options depending on Radovid and what was done there.

If Nilfgaard loses the war Ciri becomes a witcher. If Nilfgaard wins the war she takes over for Emhyr.

Top Bottom