Which deconcoctions do you use most?

+
Which deconcoctions do you use most?

Potions too, me myself on death March I find myself using ekimarra damage dealt heals, ekhidna, consuming stamina heals and katakan, 5 % criteria chance, not sure if last ones worth it, I'm going mostly sword skills with igni and quen, how about you guys, potions I use maribor forrest, thunderbolt, tangy owl, mix them up cant use all them potions with them 3 concoctions

Ekhidna is definitely the most useful generally IMHO. Some are extremely helpful in very limited circumstances, but that one is the one I use most frequently. Ekimmara is probably second for me.

I never found the use for decoctions...they are just to taxing on your toxicity bar...i'd rather have the option to use swallow or thunderbolt.....maybe they are good for alchemy builds?

Something to try out i guess....

I never found the use for decoctions...they are just to taxing on your toxicity bar...i'd rather have the option to use swallow or thunderbolt.....maybe they are good for alchemy builds?

Spend 3 points in alchemy (acquired tolerance) and the toxicity bar is no longer a concern after a while.

ekhidna and ekimarra are standard, and I switch between archgriffin and waterhag (or whichever the one is that gives 50% attack boost)

My build is three combat trees, with one for alchemy, I have 3 decoctions on, the ability that takes away toxicity damage, the mutagen bonus boost, and more toxicity available. this nets me so far the highest dps I've had so far, much more than a full combat build, but now with mutations and using the one that gives damage boost the more toxic you are, I easily net 6000-7000 dps at level 50. Thats without thunderbolt, and without a few few more potions to top up my toxicity level, and without my aerondight fully charged, and no grindstone bonus.

Nice I'll try out the attack boost one then, sounds better than criteria chance, and you only need to skill slots to be able to use Alot of potions and stuff, the rest for me are combat and 2 slots for quen, igni, I like my build as it's versatile not just one thing or I'd get bored

Last edited:
Arachas for my feline build

Chort if I'm fighting lots of hammer or spear bandits.

Water hag if I'm confident in my dodging.

Noon wraith for enemies with knockdown or if I plan on using lots of Samum bombs.

Cockatrice to spam my cluster northern winds on groups.

For a long time I thought you used the name of the Decoction to fight that specific creature, which didn't make sense to me since you often needs parts of that creature to make that decoction... I know better now >.<

Ekimarra, Succubus and Troll.

I tried Ekhidna but I didn't like it. I found that I gained more health and in a faster and more consistent manner with Ekimarra when compared to Ekhidna. Ekimarra heals you whenever you do damage, whether it be by sword, sign, bomb or crossbow. It all heals you. And I'm almost certain Ekimarra's heal also applies through DoT abilities, like when you poison an enemy and they take continuous damage for a certain time. All that damage heals you.

But the Troll decoction is a constant, always up heal, in and out of combat. It also over rides the effects of health loss at high toxicity levels and frees up ability points so you don't have to spend them on Heightened Tolerance. It's just nice to always have a healing at all times, saves Swallow and food for when you really need them.

And then Succubus for the added attack power. Can't go wrong with more attack power.

Combine those three with the new Euphoria mutation, fully leveled Blade Preperation and Mutation trees, and then the last two bomb skills and Endure Pain, and it's alchemy build that wrecks everything.

Yeah I agree, I'm finding new game plus death March way to easy, much easier than first death March run but I like using them because it's part of the fun

i use ekkimara and water hag always.

my third decoction would be succubus but... you know. So I use ekidhna or ancient leshen, mainly.

Is ancient leshen working now in BAW? I test this long ago and working only if you cast Axii, others signs, no.

Last edited:
I always use both Ekhidna and Ekimmara, one will heal vitality after casting any sign, and one will heal vitality upon hit. Still have a bit Toxicity left for healing decoctions.

Ekimma, Troll and Ekhidna.
For me the best.
Succubus sounds good, but nerver tried it. Dont have the mutagen for it, and will never have it :D

Ekimmara + Ekhidna = immortality

With Manticore set I was able to reach toxicity threshold at 305 points, so I've tried 4 decoctions at once: ekimmara, ekhidna, water hag, leshen/katakan/archgriffin. And on top of that I could drink one more potion which activates another potion for free - no blood were discovered in Geralt's blood test :)

i use the leshen decoction, damage dealt by enemies go back to them, didn't ue others for they are too toxic, but now with the manticore armor and the new mutatons, and more skills geralt can take much more toxicity so i'll start to use more decoctions

Anyone tried Chort decoction? Is it still bugged?
It'd be massive helpful when performing rend/swirl.

Chort was never bugged, it's description just isn't very good so no one really knew what it was supposed to do. It allows you to block all types of attacks, including monster attacks (with the exception of super heavy attacks like fiend charges or golem ground slams). It also allows you to hit a hammer/spear bandit's parry or a rock trolls block without getting staggered. It's also very very good for the Olgierd/Iris' greatest fear fight since he can practically stun lock you with his combos.

Top Bottom