Which difficulty level will you choose?

+

Which difficulty level will you choose?

• Total voters
I'll be playing it on Easy. With RPGs, I prefer to pay more attention to the story, setting and so forth than the combat (no, it isn't because I suck at combat. Who told you that? They're filthy liars. I am l33t! I swear.). Then, having experienced the game once, when I replay it, I increase the difficulty to increase the challenge on my next pass.

can we increase the difficulty without restarting?

The hardest available without the one life thingy.

Not really a fan of walking around while semi afk and if a dragon shows up I can react 10 secs later...

If it was up to me I'd make every game like DS2 system where you have no difficulties, you just play the game. It's not like it's quantum physics to focus for 5 mins to kill a boss...

:)

Easy, for story and fun.
To me, it's more realistic, Geralt's not a fucking pussy!
I refuse to hack away at bandits, wolves or lesser monsters, or even die by them.
When I know damn well, I can kick their asses! ;)

The highest without permadeath.

I'm looking forward to wandering into dangerous areas with monsters way too high for my level, just to get a taste of their power, and then the extra satisfaction (and hopefully excitement wondering what loot they have) that'll come from going back and getting them later. I doubt that'd be a good plan with permadeath.

And I'm hoping it'll be like TW2 where you can change it mid-game if that turns out to be the wrong choice.

Exactly, there have been a couple of games (Witcher 2 among them) where, midway through my first playthrough, I had to crank up the difficulty for the purpose of keeping it challenging. I hate to be stuck with a particular difficulty setting in a 100+ hours game that you can't adjust if you feel that it either poses not enough of a challenge or simply is too tough, something you can't really know the first time around when you're still unfamiliar with a title.

Insane is kinda... insane :/

I mean imagine you're playing for 100h and die due to a game bug... I guess I would have to go out and get drunk hahaha

I'll propably go it through on hard first. Because I do love a challenge, and they mentioned that the hard difficulty will require you to use potions and such, which I personally love. And I figure I should feel myself at home, since I played the Witcher 2 on hard first, and after that I made it through the Dark mode.
And if I ever have time to finish the game (since it has so much side quests and exploring in it), I'll propably play it on Dark difficulty after my first go.
If CD Projekt Red is going to bring in to the Wild Hunt :)

Dark.

Going all the way this time.
Still remember Hard difficulty being way too easy for me on my last playthrough of TW2.

*for all of you out there wondering, according to my knowledge dark is the hardest but without permadeath. If they do it like in TW2 then Insane will be like "hard" difficulty but with permadeath.

I'm going dark, dark as the night.

Last edited:
hard is good enough for me, maybe on a second playthrough i may try the insane but ...probably not

I always play on normal and if the game is good for replay i then do the hard difficulties.

I really wish they made a "veteran" difficulty, which is just a harder version of normal. I have a feeling normal will be too easy and hard will be too hard to start off with. I really hope there aren't any difficulty spikes or cliffs, and that there isn't anything in the talent tree that is obviously overpowered.

I would go with normal and then increase on second play, that increase could be anything not something immediately after normal. Btw anyone know what difficulty devs were playing on during demos/presentations, the game felt quite easy specially the Royal Wyvern quest, it was barely scratching Geralt. If that was normal then I'd go with something higher.

I would take into account that Geralt was also pretty high level and it was a demo showing, dying is not an option. In the 15 minute IGN video, Geralt pretty much got destroyed by just 2-3 ghouls and IIRC that was on Normal.

Probably normal, but I'm tempted to play on Hard. Often it's easier to just learn the game on hard from the start than having to relearn it later after playing on easier difficulties.

Top Bottom