Which difficulty level will you choose?

+

Which difficulty level will you choose?

• Total voters
I would take into account that Geralt was also pretty high level and it was a demo showing, dying is not an option. In the 15 minute IGN video, Geralt pretty much got destroyed by just 2-3 ghouls and IIRC that was on Normal.
Ok dying from 3 ghouls on normal diff is pretty embarrassing. Hmm maybe i dont see something. Maybe Gerald is lvl 1 and he have poor armor in that situation.

He was level 1, but death came mostly from poor choices and a lack of preparation. Roach didn't like being in the middle of the ghouls, and Geralt dismounted within "charge range", then fluffed positioning and the balance of dodge/attack.
:comeatmebro:

I'd probably have died too some of the time, but I would have at least done it more tactically. :rly?:

Yeah it's no so much that the person was playing well but rather that he/she was taken down really quickly.

highest difficulty without perma-death. Not only because of the challenge, but also because I want to be forced to use everything (alchemy, bombs, crafting) and spent all my hard earned orens on equipment, potions etc to survive the next fight

Dark is not the difficulty with one save file as far as we know. Dark is a normal difficulty. I don't know the name that has only 1 save file and permadeath, but we know it is not dark.
i know. I meant I will only ever use 1 save file and never backtrack no matter how shitty my decision making skills are xD

I will try Hard or Dark.

Now, I'm replaying TW2 and I find Dark Mode easy. Though I've to say that I'm a experienced witcher, it's my eighth game :yes:

I'll probably play on Hard. I mostly play for characters & story, but I do want to enjoy the gameplay a lot as well.

I would like the monsters/enemies to pose some threat, and be somewhat scarey, when they should be. To keep you on your toes a little. I find it more immersive, than breezing through everything.

Just my own preferences, obv ^-^

Edit: I'd ideally like the best balance of *powerful enemies should be tricky and difficult to defeat, while stuff like drowners are easy enough unless there's a swarm of them*

Last edited:
I'll probably play on Hard. I mostly play for characters & story, but I do want to enjoy the gameplay a lot as well.

I would like the monsters/enemies to pose some threat, and be somewhat scarey, when they should be. To keep you on your toes a little. I find it more immersive, than breezing through everything.

Just my own preferences, obv ^-^

Besides, there are some gameplay elements that we would be missing playing on normal. Like for instance having to eat for health regeneration instead of just waiting until it auto recovers.

I wouldn't recommend playing on normal. I did it with Dying Light and regretted deeply, it's another game on hard.

Besides, there are some gameplay elements that we would be missing playing on normal. Like for instance having to eat for health regeneration instead of just waiting until it auto recovers.

I wouldn't recommend playing on normal. I did it with Dying Light and regretted deeply, it's another game on hard.

Yeah, I agree. I'd prefer to take advantage of stuff like that, needing to eat, use oils, and potions, etc. Also the less used signs strategically. I'd find it more fun with those elements being important, and not just there for the sake of it.

I played both Witcher, and Witcher 2 on hard, on my first play throughs, I played The Witcher 2 on Dark for my recent play, but modded out all the Dark specific crap, and just played at the difficulty, without the effects, and health regen stuff.

I will play Dark mode from the beginning. I'm kind of a hardcore player when it comes to action/adventure/fighting games.
It will also increase the already humongous length of this announced masterpiece.
And I love challenges and looks like The Witcher 3 will offer a tough one.
I can't wait.

I usually play on easy, normal tops when I play RPGs so I can experience the story.
This time for the first time I will probably be trying out hard, the combat looks like so much fun I want to invest in it and work hard to beat things, going to feel rewarding on all ends!

Returning of Dark-Mode difficulty in the Witcher 3

I know its coming back, but can someone tell me here what the changes are going to be if u compare it to The Witcher 2 ?

Will there be dark weapons and armor ?
Will there be that special greyed out black and white effect when fighting ?
I am just really curious about this and i still dont have really a good anser from the developers or neither the community.

Hey, so I stumbled upon a tidbit of new info. New to me anyway. It's about that Dark mode, and unlike Dark mode in Witcher 2, it will not allow you to load saved games if you die.

EDIT: Of course, this info wasn't new at all, only new to me. Do we have any recent info on this? Is Dark mode like it was in Witcher 2, or if it's more like Insane mode with no loading of saves after dying?

@Kinleybear, I turn to you, oh knowledgeable one. :unworthy:

Last edited:
Hard, Normal is usually too easy and 'Very Hard' (or in this case 'Dark') will probably be too difficult to the point of frustration (it would be gaming suicide in a game as long as this to play on a frustrating difficulty if you're not too good at the game)

Hard is usually the sweet spot for me in games.

My first playthrough - only on Easy. I want to see a story, to get to every place I possibly can, to talk to people, and explore as much as possible. So I really don't want to be distracted by some stupid "game over" shit. In any case, right now and for several more months I have Bloodborne for the difficulty. TW3 is for the soul. :)

I'm there with you. I already PvP in another 2 games (1 mainly, the other once in a while).

First playthrough always Normal, especially for a game with so many variables(open-world+RPG). Too much potential room to fuck up on other difficulties at release than the 'intended' so I never take the chance.

Same here! Always on normal. I would rather enjoy the story and have some problems with combat than always having problems with combat! lol

Top Bottom