Which ending(s) did you choose and why?

+
1.) Keira and Lambert get together. Maybe she can teach him some manners!

2.) Killed the tree spirit, the kids died, the Bloody Baron lived.

3.) Cerys or Svanrige rules Skellige. Hjalmar is an idiot!

4.) Nilfgaard wins the war. I can't betray Broche or Ves and Radovid is a lunatic. At least this way maybe the non-humans will get more rights.

5.) Ciri becomes a witcheress. It seems to be what she wanted the most.

6.) Geralt retires with Yennefer.

7.) Saved Olgierd from O'Dimm.

First playthrough:
1) Keira and Lambert together
2) Killed the tree spirit
3) Cerys rules Skellige
4) Nilfgaard won the war.
5) Ciri becomes a witcheress.
6) It Takes Three to Tango (I laughed)

Since then, I've played all the combinations where Ciri gets the "good" ending. I think the above is still my canon EXCEPT that instead of It Takes Three to Tango I go with
6) Don't romance Triss. Don't do The Last Wish quest.

and

7) Save Olgierd.

Well my endings on my first playthrough don't seem much different from the majority of people on this forum but anyway....

1. Killed the tree spirit (seemed the better choice)
2. Keira + Lambert together (good couple)
3. Cerys in charge of Skellige (she is smart and independent and i imagine she would do well)
4. Djikstra takes control of Redania and Nilfgaard lose the war (don't really have an explanation for that other than i chose it and stuck with it at first)
5. Geralt retired with Triss (wanted to romance Triss on my first playthrough and see how it turned out)
6. Ciri becomes a Witcher (it is what she wanted and she went through a lot so i thought she would be happy in this ending).

and in hearts of stone:
7. Saved Olgierd (to me this was a no brainer because i liked Olgierd and believed he needed redemption and O'Dimm was just too powerful to continue doing whatever he wants).

Of course this was my first playthrough and i have chosen differently in my other playthroughs such as Ciri becomes Empress (Nilfgaard wins the war) or romancing Yen....and as of now i don't have a 'canon' playthrough/choices because i am going to wait until everything has been released before doing my 'official playthrough'.

I got the worst ending: Radovid won the war, Ciri died (or is missing), Geralt killed the last Crone to get Ciris necklace back then he pretty much committed suicide. I also got no romance (even tho I romanced the pants off Triss) :( Bad Times.

Of course you get no romance if Geralt's fate is unknown (it is suggested that he dies, but it is not confirmed) - if you were shown this picture, that would make it clear that he is alive. :) Fortunately, it does not require replaying a large part of the game to reverse the bad ending, as explained in this post; that is, of course, assuming that you have the saves.

By the way, I have all the ending slides as MPEG video files extracted (not captured) from the game in finalboards.7z, and the subtitles in w3dialog.7z (search for "ending_boards_scene"). My ending was: fb_1a, 2a, 3b, 4b, 5b, 6a. :)

I could swear I posted something similiar in a similiar thread, hmm, maybe it was just about the final ending, anyway.

I pretty much had the ending in my first playthrough I hoped for, however only one thing is annoying me afterwards: Ciri as witcheress or emperess.

But first the other stuff:

- Had fun with Keira ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), didn't kill her and saved her. Lambert that prick can have his fun with her :)

- Saved Bloody Baron's wife and let him take her to the Blue Mountains.

- Killed the tree spirit.

- Helped Letho, he gave me free wodka o_O

- Killed Whoreson Jr, yeah, that was not that hard to decide. I didn't even doubt about that decision for a second.

- I helped looking for Philippa, however told Radovid nothing.

- Helped to kill Radovid, wished Philippa would have taken more time for it, ...

...however I left the place, when Dijkstra and Roche got in a fight. Wished I could prevent that, but since I couldn't get my new Brotherhood of Sorcerers I had to think about the future of this continent and I think Dijkstra is the right one for it. I don't hate Roche, but the idea that Temeria is a vasal to Nilfgaard? :s

- Helped Cerys, I think this is a no-brainer for a lot of people. A bit of a shame that Hjalmar is a bit too steroetype.

- Helped the mages, I just have a soft heart for mages, as I said, I hoped I could reestablish the Brotherhood, well, wasn't going to happen, sadly.

- Had fun with Triss, but ultimatively said farewell to her, finally.

- Had a snowball fight with Ciri, let her demolish the labor, stole horses with her, didn't go to the lodge meeting, still told her to not leave me at the end, because I really thought she is gone for good after that.

- Since Nilfgaard lost the war, the status quo was more or less established.

- Had fun with Shani ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), but I really liked how it got resolved in the end. Much nicer than it was with Triss :s

- Almost fell in love with Iris, convinced her to give me the rose. Saved Olgierd at the end, even though I hold a grudge against him about her, wasn't that easy to be the nice guy here.

And at the end Ciri became a witcher, I think that was right? I don't know anymore, it is what she wanted to be, but the more I think about it, the less I am happy about it. Geralt wanted to stop being a witcher, stop killing monsters and now I encourage my daughter to do, what I don't want to do anymore?

Maybe encouraging her to become the emperess is the better outcome. She was suppose to live an aristocratic life anyway.

I don't know, knowing that she roams the wilderness killing monsters or having her sit on a throne. She could help a lot more people being the emperess than living on the streets. Imagine a Nilfgaard without an emperor, who wants to conquer the world? A Nilfgaard which will try to keep peace instead of war?

Oh, and about Geralt:
Time of Contempt
He thought for her and Yennefer smiled, listening to his thoughts. The smile quivered on her cheek along with the crescent shadows of her eyelashes.
‘A home?’ asked Yennefer suddenly. ‘What home? Do you have a home? You want to build a home? Oh . . . I’m sorry. I shouldn’t . . .’
He was quiet. He was angry with himself. As he had been thinking for her, he had accidentally allowed her to read a thought about herself.
A pretty dream,’ said Yennefer, stroking him lightly on the shoulder. ‘A home. A house built with your own hands, and you and I in that house. You would keep horses and sheep, and I would have a little garden, cook food and card wool, which we would take to market. With the pennies earned from selling the wool and various crops we would buy what we needed; let’s say some copper cauldrons and an iron rake. Every now and then, Ciri would visit us with her husband and three children, and Triss Merigold would occasionally look in, to stay for a few days. We’d grow old together, beautifully and with dignity. And should I ever get bored, you would play for me in the evening on your homemade bagpipes. Playing the bagpipes – as everyone knows – is the best remedy for depression.’
The Witcher said nothing. The enchantress cleared her throat softly.
‘I’m sorry,’ she said, a moment later. He got up on an elbow, leaned across and kissed her. She moved suddenly, and hugged him. Wordlessly.

‘Say something.’
‘I wouldn’t like to lose you, Yen.’
‘But you have me.’
‘The night will end.’
‘Everything ends.’
No, he thought. I don’t want it to be like that. I’m tired. Too tired to accept the perspective of endings which are beginnings, and starting everything over again. I’d like . . .

The Lady of the Lake
Geralt, staring out the window, smiled at his own thoughts and dreams.
'That darkness you speak of,' he said, 'is a state of spirit, not matter. To fight something you need to train something quite different than a witcher. It is time to start.'
'You will start to retrain? Is that what you were thinking?'
'Not at all. this job holds no interest to me. I will go into retirement.'
'Is that right!'
'I'm serious. no more being a witcher.'

'I noticed,' Dandelion nodded. 'On one hand, it is smart. On the other …'
'There is no other.'
' Yennefer and Ciri,' Yarpen a sked after a little while, 'have something to do with your decision?'
'Much.'

just knowing that Geralt is out there looking like this:
after all the shit he had to endure, after everything, is the best ending, because that's what he wanted and I am glad CDPR fulfilled that pretty dream after all.

Mine is usually:

1) Lambert and Keira together. Couldn't kill her, and made the mistake of letting her go to Radovid..once.
2) I alternate between killing the tree spirit and letting it live. To me, neither of them are particularly happy choices.
3) Cerys rules Skellige, she just seems the more competent ruler to me
4) Ciri becomes a Witcher, It seems like the option she truly wanted most.
5) Nilfgaard wins. I personally hate Nilfgaard, but didn't want Roche to die, and had too many close sorceress friends to let them be hunted.
6) Geralt and Yennefer stay together. I really like Triss too, but after reading the books and seeing the history, Yen was the only choice for me.

7) Save Olgierd

Last edited:
I probably gonna get a lot of flak for this but I really like the bad ending. If a story ending managed to makes you happy, angry or sad, I'd say that's a very good story telling.

the atmosphere was amazing and gut wrenching.
That Werewolf keep thinking about wolf family & small cubs which Geralt respond him fatherly like"You go as far away from here, find yourself a cute she-wolf and make a happy little wolf family"
Crone keeps shouting those insults "she's dead and you know it" and Geralt keeps shouting in denial ( and there was me, keep thinking in denial "no no no this can't be right...... ciri will pop out out of nowhere... "while keeping mashing my mouse ) and that breakdown in the end....
Oscar worthy - sorry Leo di caprio.... Gerralt would win the Oscar this year. I got the shivers as I saw that ending....
Brilliant story telling.

but since this thread about what I ending choose of course, Ciri witcher, Triss wife, Emhyr king and Temeria lives. FOR TEMERIA !!

Last edited:
Kiera Metz will die in my current playthrough. I feel really bad about it, but I want something different in the battle at Kaer Morhen.

My playthrough:
1. Baron and wife survived
2. Lambert & Keira
3. Send Letho to Kaer Morhen
4. Cerys rules Skellige
5. Geralt with Triss
6. Ciri Witcheress
7. Nilfgaard win
8. Let O'Dim took Olgierd's soul

A questions to those that picked the Witcheress ending...don't you think that her potential is too great to be wasted on mere Witcher jobs?...I mean yeah she could help lot of people but just imagine how many more she will help by being the Empress of the greatest Empire in the continent. She would be in the position potentially of eliminating all persecutions and making the continent a much better place also Geralt and Yennefer are always there to help her if she needs so. I liked to imagine a Ciri in the Empress ending that matured spiritually and accepted her destiny and duty derived from her legacy over the personal desires. Don't know that is the impression the game leaves me with. Ciri Empress is one that put duty over personal desires and that is in my opinion a sign of maturity.

Let's be honest about it the North although being the defensive side in this war is clearly not that socially developed...it is poisoned by religious fanatics, racists and superstitions. I'm not saying that Nilfgaard is good but at least their ruthlessness is motivated more by stability concerns and reasons of State than outright fanatism and mindless pogroms against non-humans. Temeria got restored as a vassal but still restored and this clearly tells me that Nilfgaard is willing to strike a deal and make concessions should the opportunity arise.

A questions to those that picked the Witcheress ending...don't you think that her potential is too great to be wasted on mere Witcher jobs?...I mean yeah she could help lot of people but just imagine how many more she will help by being the Empress of the greatest Empire in the continent. She would be in the position potentially of eliminating all persecutions and making the continent a much better place also Geralt and Yennefer are always there to help her if she needs so. I liked to imagine a Ciri in the Empress ending that matured spiritually and accepted her destiny and duty derived from her legacy over the personal desires. Don't know that is the impression the game leaves me with. Ciri Empress is one that put duty over personal desires and that is in my opinion a sign of maturity.

Let's be honest about it the North although being the defensive side in this war is clearly not that socially developed...it is poisoned by religious fanatics, racists and superstitions. I'm not saying that Nilfgaard is good but at least their ruthlessness is motivated more by stability concerns and reasons of State than outright fanatism and mindless pogroms against non-humans. Temeria got restored as a vassal but still restored and this clearly tells me that Nilfgaard is willing to strike a deal and make concessions should the opportunity arise.

I think for the discussion Witcheress vs. Empress we have this thread http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...Geralt-s-Fault-SPOILERS?p=1991919#post1991919

No need to start this here again ;)

Guest 3847602

OK, I'll play :)

don't you think that her potential is too great to be wasted on mere Witcher jobs?

No, I don't. :lol:

just imagine how many more she will help by being the Empress of the greatest Empire in the continent.

That chance had passed when Vizimir broke off her engagement to the future Emperor of the greatest Empire on the Continent.
:radovidsmug:

She would be in the position potentially of eliminating all persecutions and making the continent a much better place

Neither me nor my Geralt cares one iota about the Continent being a better place at his, Yennefer's or Ciri's expense.

The "mindless fanatic" Radovid at least knows how to wage a war on the field of battle, he doesn't need to assassinate his every opponent to win the war. His generals aren't wasting time banging hot widows in and around Novigrad while the war is on.
Also, I know what Emhyr did to Pavetta and Calanthe, what he planed to do with Ciri (and Geralt and Yennefer), what his armies did in Cintra, the fact that slavery exists in his "progressive" Empire even if CDPR (for obvious reasons) failed to mention those "controversial details". So yeah, the hedgehog dies in all of my TW3 playthroughs. :animier:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lmao I'm not sure I should continue this discussion.....your tone is more like trolling me rather than desiring to have an actual conversation, I won't bite though. enjoy your "ideal" world under the obscurantism and racism of the Eternal Fire.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

Lmao I'm not sure I should continue this discussion.....your tone is more like trolling me rather than desiring to have an actual conversation, I won't bite though. enjoy your "ideal" world under the obscurantism and racism of the Eternal Fire.

Not sure what serious discussion on this matter is possible :) Nilfgaard is so ridiculously whitewashed in TW3 that someone without the prior knowledge of the book events (or at least TW2) have no reason not to support them (apart of them being the aggressors). If one combines all known facts about them and their Emperor, then the situation is opposite. Having any of those "controversial details" I mentioned was apparently too much and it would destroy Emhyr's credibility in the eyes of the vast majority of the players. Now, imagine if all those facts were revealed to the newcomers; what point would be for CDPR to waste their money in creating and fleshing out the ending that 99% of the people would only see on youtube?
So my point is - yes, the way it's presented to us, the Empress ending does look like the best ending for the rest of the world (not for Geralt and Ciri, though). However, that doesn't mean I intend to throw my lore knowledge out of the window, nor to comply with the agenda CDPR had (distorting Nilfgaard into provider of peace and stability for the sake of endings variety).

Djikstra rules the North. I like the uncertainty of the ending. Djikstra stops the witch hunts, and seems to prioritize building a strong state over a strong army, but will it really be a good ending for the North? We don't know, but I played Geralt as only being taking part in the assassination for Yen and Triss's sake. He was not fond of Nilfgaard, and while he did like Roche, he wasn't going to risk his life for Roche's plan to hand the North over to Nilfgaard. The fight between Roche and Djikstra was about politics, and Geralt had no interest in that.

Ciri became a Witcher. I had Geralt tell Alvin that we can choose our own destinies, and I had him tell the same to Ciri. I took her to Emhyr, and let he choice be her's. Ultimately she didn't go through with it, and I was rather happy with that. Neither the elves nor Nilfgaard can bother her now, and Djkstra won't be interested in her. She's finally free.

Cerys became Queen. I liked her, and I think she'll do a good job, although I worry that by softening the Isles, she'll be leaving them weak against future threats.

Lambert and Keira got together, had a laugh at that.

Letho and Eskel became the caretakers of Kaer Morhan.

Bloody Baron went off to save his wife, too bad about the orphans though.

I saved Olgierd, but I kind of wanted to punch his face in.

Geralt retired with Yen. Felt like the most fitting end, and I was very happy with it. I headcanon that Geralt, Yen, and Ciri meet up every winter at Kaer Morhan along with what's left of the Witchers.
wtf?
you can take ciri to the emperor and she still ends up as a witcher?!@# i always avoided it just incase game makes her emperor !
also , how u made eskel and letho caretakers of kaer morhan ? for me eskel left and letho said he will stay.

and dude . how could you betray roche ?!@# damm ... killing radovid should be enough to end the stupid witch hunt! shame on u there...

Yeah I guess it's all about those books that I have no intention of reading whatsoever.....hope the next Witcher game is not based on books characters so you book readers can relax and start roleplay a little instead of doing exactly what the books say.

Guest 3847602

-- edited post --

Have I ever suggested to you to read the books? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I am very relaxed and roleplay my game however I want, not your problemo. :coffee:
If you have the problems with people choosing other endings, don't ask the questions on the public forum.
:stoptrolling:

Have I ever suggested to you to read the books? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I am very relaxed and roleplay my game however I want, not your problemo. :coffee:
If you have the problems with people choosing other endings, don't ask the questions on the public forum.
:stoptrolling:

??? I wanted to have a nice conversations on the pro and cons of different decisions but you instead have this teasing attitude that is clearly meant on provoking others. Well Sir you failed at it. :D

Moderator: Please keep the conversation civil. Neither offer nor take offence, and, in future, avoid terms like 'book-talibans'. This is an inappropriate and disrespectful manner of describing other enthusiasts of the series. It can easily be misinterpreted, and provoke unnecessary hostility. Thank you.

Yeah I guess it's all about those books that I have no intention of reading whatsoever.....hope the next Witcher game is not based on books characters so you book readers can relax and start roleplay a little instead of doing exactly what the books say.

I think it would be not a good idea to make a witcher game without any character or the background from the books. But a completely new maincharacter would be a good idea for a Witcher 4 .

We book readers are not doing exactly what the book say. We only decide the choices we make with the knowledge from the books additionally to the knowledge the game gives us. This is still roleplaying.
It also does not mean that all people who read the books made the same decissions. I'm sure that some people also choose the empress ending despite having read the books. Maybe they want to give Emhyr a second chance.

I have choosen the witcheress ending because I don't trust Emhyr, think that it better fits Ciris personality and past and cannot imagine that Empress Ciri could change the whole continent into a nice place without racism, war and fanatics. That sounds like Disney ;)

Top Bottom