Which ending(s) did you choose and why?

+
I think it would be not a good idea to make a witcher game without any character or the background from the books. But a completely new maincharacter would be a good idea for a Witcher 4 .

With a new main protagonist, there is not much reason not to make the other characters new as well, and for the majority of players (those who have neither played the previous games nor read the books), everyone will be "new" anyway. This cast of characters could then be used again in another couple of games. Although it would make sense to keep some background from the books, like the world politics, history, kings, etc., and only replace Geralt and his friends.

With a new main protagonist, there is not much reason not to make the other characters new as well, and for the majority of players (those who have neither played the previous games nor read the books), everyone will be "new" anyway. This cast of characters could then be used again in another couple of games. Although it would make sense to keep some background from the books, like the world politics, history, kings, etc., and only replace Geralt and his friends.

I have no problem with new characters and a new main cast. But I would be really sad if you would not see any of Geralts friends and other people from the books in the game. They don't need to have a big role .
I always liked it to meet someone in the witcher games and than realising that they were already in the books. =)

Top Bottom