Which (English) Voice Actors Do You Like the Best?

+
Actually I have to second Reaper004s opinion.Aldersbergs voice is not special, it doesn't show a maniac or anything surprising, mad or even eccentric.Methinks that it appears to be the voice of somebody who does what he believes to be right.Very fitting in my opinion.

Blasphemer said:
Fun fact: Thaler and Zoltan are voiced by the same guy.
I've heard Ausir say this, but I've never seen an external reference for it -- I'd love to read whatever article or interview this information came from!That same guy is also supposed to have done the narrator for the opening movie. Whoever he is, he's amazingly wonderful -- Zoltan and Thaler are two of the guys I voted for, and I thought they were both incredibly good, yet they don't sound anything alike to me. (Though I wish someone had explained to the actor what "plowing" means in a witcher context, since the emphasis is wrong in his "We doing some plowing business," and it's clear from the actor's delivery of other lines that he would not have made this mistake, had he known.) I actually thought his "So what'll it be" from the original edition was just fine.The first time I played the English EE, Geralt was talking with Lambert about sword styles, and I said, "Wait a minute. I've heard that voice before ... later in the game ... that's Raymond!" I don't have any proof for this, but Lambert's EE voice -- especially during the discussion of sword styles -- sounds a lot Raymond to me. I'm sure doubling up on voices is common; what's so surprising about the Zoltan-and-Thaler thing is that both of them are so good, yet Thaler's voice is so very different from Zoltan's. I would have sworn that the throat that could produce Zoltan sounds couldn't possibly produce Thaler sounds. But then, acting is a complete mystery to me, anyway.

Wow, I had no idea Thaler and Zoltan were the same person; that doesn't even seem possible! I have to go with the majority and say that Zoltan is one of my favorite voices, but I'm also fond of Dandelion, too. It's not anything special, but I really enjoy the sound of it, and it suits the character model very well, I think. Of course, Geralt could read microwave instructions and I'd listen, but everyone seems to agree that the voice actor(s) did a great job.

pudi0072000 said:
Wow, I had no idea Thaler and Zoltan were the same person; that doesn't even seem possible!
I know! I want a physician to do a scan of Peter's mouth, throat, and larnyx and tell us if he's unusual in any way. :D
I'm also fond of Dandelion, too. It's not anything special, but I really enjoy the sound of it, and it suits the character model very well, I think.
I find Dandelion's character annoying, which may explain why I'm not that fond of his voice. He's a useful character, though, since Sapkowski can get Geralt into any kind of trouble he wants, just by saying that Dandelion did something stupid -- usually over Geralt's repeated objections -- which requires Geralt to do something to get them out of it. (I don't know if you've read the books yet, but even in just the first one, their trouble often begins when Dandelion does something stupid that Geralt tells him over and over not to do. Geralt must be really lonely, to travel with this guy!)
Of course, Geralt could read microwave instructions and I'd listen,
*smile* I hear you! I also think his lines are mostly well written, which gives the actor something to work with. God knows I've seen movies where the actor did his very best, but the script was so painful, the Voice of God couldn't have saved the film. And while much of what Geralt says is brief and to-the-point, his longer lines can be quite memorable. That bit about what will happen if the villagers in the Outskirts try to kill Abigail, where he tells them that he'll come back and "slay every lice-ridden peasant, everything that moves and can't climb a tree" is quite something.
but everyone seems to agree that the voice actor(s) did a great job.
Voice acting in computer games is getting better. Truly abysmal voice acting used to be normal and expected, whereas nowadays most players expect something that is at least better than laughable. The Witcher is still far better than average, though, as it is in so many things.

The voice acting in the original and in EE is wonderful. I did prefer, in the original, Tris and King Foltest, and Toruvel. The Voices and the characters just seem to fit. I have been playing this game for a year now and it never gets old. It is a movie you can watch over and over again and all of the characters have a charm to them whether you love them or hate them. You just can't help becoming part of this world. Thank you CDproject.

Corylea said:
I find Dandelion's character annoying, which may explain why I'm not that fond of his voice. He's a useful character, though, since Sapkowski can get Geralt into any kind of trouble he wants, just by saying that Dandelion did something stupid -- usually over Geralt's repeated objections -- which requires Geralt to do something to get them out of it. (I don't know if you've read the books yet, but even in just the first one, their trouble often begins when Dandelion does something stupid that Geralt tells him over and over not to do. Geralt must be really lonely, to travel with this guy!)
Dandelion, at first, annoyed me, because he's just a bumbling idiot who wants to get in the way and can't seem to do anything right. I've only read The Last Wish and Blood of Elves, but I had more respect for him after The Edge of the World. He was still loudmouthed and obnoxious, but he was brave, willing to die by Geralt's side, even if he was scared out of his wits. (I would be too!) And I figure Geralt seems to have a (generally) good head on his shoulders, so if he thinks Dandelion is ok, then so do I. Playing through the game after reading, I found that I enjoyed his character all the more, just because he is a nice contrast to our hero. I honestly wonder if they aren't friends because they amuse each other, Dandelion for being bumbling, and Geralt for being... Geralt. Anyway, back on topic.
*smile* I hear you! I also think his lines are mostly well written, which gives the actor something to work with. God knows I've seen movies where the actor did his very best, but the script was so painful, the Voice of God couldn't have saved the film. And while much of what Geralt says is brief and to-the-point, his longer lines can be quite memorable. That bit about what will happen if the villagers in the Outskirts try to kill Abigail, where he tells them that he'll come back and "slay every lice-ridden peasant, everything that moves and can't climb a tree" is quite something.
Yeah, I know what you're talking about! Geralt does have some great lines. I always think of his line to the bandits hassling Vesna Hood. Awesome! And you can't deny that straight and simple can be poignant in its own way. I wish I could hear some of the original voice acting, as I've only played EE. Seems like a lot of people like some of the old characters over the newer ones, and I'd like to be able to compare. Anyone know if there's anything like that on Youtube?

Geralt - The actor that has his lines delivers with the right amount of "I ain't taking any of your guff" as well as the seductive "Let's see where this goes". Calm in the face of adversity!Triss - This actress has strong lines, yet has some coyness as well. Just the right amount of business now, play later attitude. Love the giggling at "play time!"Sigfried - This actor has the British lines down pat, without over embelishing with a lot of "Tut tut dear boy" add ons.Dandelion - The actor plays a good "coy boy" voice, yet switches to excitable at the right moments. Doesn't seem to pout like others might.Shani - While this actress has a chance to make Shani more of her own identity, in my opinion, needs to relax some and let the lines flow. Her voice fits the character, but sounds "read."

pudi0072000 said:
I wish I could hear some of the original voice acting, as I've only played EE. Seems like a lot of people like some of the old characters over the newer ones, and I'd like to be able to compare.
Boy, you really missed out in that case. The first edition of the game included very rugged voice acting, more guttural as if said by instinct... which makes me like it more. So add me to the lot. I suggest you download the first version only and play just for the fun of it, decide which you like yourself, since a lot of people have also completed this game several times to see each side or just for the fun of it.

Top Bottom