Which fanmade adventure is your favourite?

+
Which fanmade adventure is your favourite?

Well... we didn't get the results of the Witcher Modding Contest yet, probably we will never get them. :dead:So I wondered which adventure the community would choose if they could choose one.Most of the mods that participated in the contest are not out yet, only the Evil Decision mod from Raven Team, but to make the waiting a bit shorter and maybe a bit more fun, I put some of the best available adventures into that poll.Now it's time to choose the most popular mod, I hope you have played them all. ;DI put all mods from the marketplace in yet, to make it a bit more interesting. :angel:Hey, community, time to choose your favourite mod...

Good idea Raven!
Unfortunately I haven't finished my tests of all these mods yet... how long may we vote?

The voting is made "endless", I could chose a time for this but i didn't, so you can vote how long ever you want, but only once. ;)

O.K.! So there should be enough time to finish the other mods as well... it would be a bit unfair to vote before testing them all. :angel:

Raven has always played fair :) i don't see her stopping now ... she's just VERY tough competition ;D

@CoryleaHmmm, I don't know... Tribute looked very promissing, but I was in some points a bit disapointed with it! :hmmm: Very few herbs, no villagers... or did I miss something? :whatthe:My current favorite is Evil Decisions. But I still need to play John's Diary & Blight of the bogs... :angel:

Corylea said:
I liked Poet's Pride, Tribute, and Evil Decision.Pick ONE? Nonsense! :D
Simply see it as a fan-contest, we don't get results from CDPR, so we have to get the results from elsewhere. The fans are the best to decide which one is better, so there is only one on the first place and the others ... errh, on the rest of the places... ;DI really wanted B&V to have a place in the poll too, but I think it will take a bit more time to finish it now, so we can make another poll later this year, when more contest-mods are released. 8)

HexenmeisterRaven said:
Simply see it as a fan-contest, we don't get results from CDPR, so we have to get the results from elsewhere. The fans are the best to decide which one is better, so there is only one on the first place and the others ... errh, on the rest of the places... ;D
I understand that, but since yours is the only contest entry on the list, it doesn't work all that well; I think the contest entries are intentionally more elaborate than the other fan-made modules, so we'd really be comparing two different kinds of things. (In English, one says "comparing apples and oranges.")
I really wanted B&V to have a place in the poll too, but I think it will take a bit more time to finish it now, so we can make another poll later this year, when more contest-mods are released. 8)
Please do not speak to me about Birth, and Virgins; the very mention of its name makes me cry, these days.

I understand that, but since yours is the only contest entry on the list, it doesn't work all that well; I think the contest entries are intentionally more elaborate than the other fan-made modules, so we'd really be comparing two different kinds of things. (In English, one says "comparing apples and oranges.")
Nope, not at all... as you know, Nimue and I are absolute Beginners, and some people like Red Flame Team or Ifrit are calling theirselves Profis.So, if a mod made by (only two) beginners is better than mods that are made by a 40-people team of profis, that is the proof that it doesn't interest, if the mods are made for a contest or not.Those who not made their mods for contest, had much more time to do it (think about when Red Flame started with Deception and how long they had time to make their mod), the other mods are fine as well. Same thing with for example sports, not the one who made thirty years long his sport training will always win, but the one who trains maybe only a month but therefor is the fastest will win the race.So for the mods I can only say, they are all good, I have played them all, and they have all their own storys to tell, they have all their own characters with their background, with their reasons why they do this or that... and so on. Each mod is a unique one, and it doesn't matter if it is made for a contest or if it is made for fun. At last it is a mod and it is finished, that is what counts. ;)Edit: And in the very end, it is the proof, that one can make a better mod as a 40-people team, without having help and source-codes from CDPR and that this two-people mod is in the end better than a mod made with all that help.... hahahahahaha. :p

Well, I have played all of those listed, and can easily pick my favorite. What that one is, well, I voted for. :peace: ;DI won't say which one -- but, a hint: apparently I am not the only one. :beer:They are all good, and all fun.....I wish the process were easier, that we could enjoy more. I am sure there are many more out there that we may never see, because of the hard work and time involved. I salute the talents of everyone who have even given it a try......I took a look myself at Djinni, and went 'Ewwww, owwww, time to visit Abigail 'bout them boils again'. :whatthe:

Two people can make great adventure too. That's clever for me. Ifrit is team of profis? No, we'are beginners like you, Raven. And we're still learning... Just for clarity, The Wedding was sth to show up on this stage. We've got 5 projects on head now, and our goal is publish each adventure in several languages, with own soundtrack, models & retextures. We do that because we can. We want to provide more interesting adventures. The Wedding is really small & small one.Don't think that we think about us: "We're profis, nobody can't make great adventure except us." No need to have support from CDPR. Everybody can write and implement interesting story. That's obvious for me. The truth is we haven't special help from RED. And all source codes of LUA & NSS are available for everybody. Most of help abouo D'jinni we gains via this forum. By the way, Polish modders released two advnetures in the last week. There are not contest modules, but are really interesting. Players say that these two adventures are the best... ever :pBut one of them, our Merry Witchmas will be released in English, French, German quite soon. The second, Upiory w Cichej Wólce (Ghosts in Cicha Wólka).... hmmm.... I don't know about any translation...

Finally posted my vote after playing even the last mod. ;D@KamilGreat work! The Wedding is certainly a very good mod, that made enormous fun as well!!! :peace:

Kamilbonssaaay said:
And all source codes of LUA & NSS are available for everybody.
Could you tell me where this is? When I unbiff the Scripts00 folder, it only has the compiled versions of CDPR's scripts, so I can't read what the scripts do. I tried an NWN decompiler, but it doesn't decompile into plain NWN script; it only manages to decompile things halfway, which is very nearly useless.Thanks!

Sources are available under this linkBefore moment I updated package with source of spells, potions etc. It's over 150 scripts more, but the rule on moddb.com is: each file for download has to be checked by admins for be sure that file doesn't contains viruses. So you have to wait several hours and file will be available for download.

Kamilbonssaaay said:
Sources are available under this linkBefore moment I updated package with source of spells, potions etc. It's over 150 scripts more, but the rule on moddb.com is: each file for download has to be checked by admins for be sure that file doesn't contains viruses. So you have to wait several hours and file will be available for download.
Thank you very much!!

Raven, please don't spread false information about Red Flame. I'm sure you didn't mean harm, but claiming that we had e.g. the access to the source code is 100% untrue.

Top Bottom