Which game mechnic you'd like to see it return?

+

Which game mechnic you'd like to see it return/in the future?

• Armor

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Crew

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Trio (probably should be dual now?)

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Weather (archetype speaking)

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Haunt (in Thronebreaker)

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Reveal (old version)

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Spies (archetype speaking)

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Ambush (Units, we already have artifacts)

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Other...

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
That's archetypes, not mechanics.
Mechanic I'd most want to have back: blacklisting.
Archetype: spies

That's archetypes, not mechanics.
Mechanic I'd most want to have back: blacklisting.
Archetype: spies

oh by mechnic I meant things like armor and crew, they are gone as card abilities

and some other abilities got overhaul (reveal)or becomes rather irrelevant (weather is still there but cards synergize with them is basically gone)

Effort. I think this was the tag. Remember Letho and Aglais had it. It was a good little thing.

Silver cards. No, seriously. Yeah, lower value golds could be classified as "silver". It's highly irritating navigating the deck builder when the options are gold and bronze. I want my silvers!

Gold immunity is off the list. I imagine having such an option would be met with resistance. Still, it's probably a worthy option. Contrary to certain opinions I never felt it was problematic by itself. Furthermore, it differentiated golds from lesser cards in a unique way beyond, "It's better.". I think the only archetype truly fucked by gold immunity was SK Axemen. Otherwise known as Greatswords now.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I voted Other, for Moonlight.

Archetypes and mechanics are different things, but sometimes they're both. I did a thread on these, maybe its time to bring it back, as these are still relevant for discussion...

Example: Armor or Moonlight were archetypes that were also game mechanics.
'Crew' was just a mechanic.
'Spy' was both, the mechanic still exists but the archetype was removed since there's barely any spies left in NG.

Silver cards. No, seriously. Yeah, lower value golds could be classified as "silver". It's highly irritating navigating the deck builder when the options are gold and bronze. I want my silvers!

Gold immunity is off the list. I imagine having such an option would be met with resistance. Still, it's probably a worthy option. Contrary to certain opinions I never felt it was problematic by itself. Furthermore, it differentiated golds from lesser cards in a unique way beyond, "It's better.". I think the only archetype truly fucked by gold immunity was SK Axemen. Otherwise known as Greatswords now.
I think silvers are sorely missed as well. They really helped bring the deck building process together. Now golds just don't feel like golds any more, if your going to put a purple border on a gold card why not make the border silver? Just feels stupid

Yes, there's something to be said how you could replay Silver cards (Emhyr, Decoy) in Gwent, but now you can do it with all the Golds in Homecoming. Shupe, for example. This just feels wrong.

Last edited:
Armour, which I expect to see back with the next bunch of cards.
Trio, but with more cards than 3 and being based on Tags.
Effort and Truce would be nice too.

It's funny, but the effect I want back most is copy mechanic of old Slave Driver... everyone railed against it (which I find amusing since the real problem was refreshing vipers), but it enabled one of the most fun (if horribly inconsistent and completely unworthy of ranked) decks that I ever played

Reveal felt a lot more fun the way it used to be. I didnt enjoy how much it would thin but I did like having an idea what my opponent had being the main focus.

Spies and Reveal (old) gone is the main reason I don't play HC really.

Moonlight I also miss, a secondary reason but a reason no less

Haunt I've liked immensely as well, especially with so much card art for wraiths, nightwraiths, noonwraiths and barghests. Hell you could have gold support with the likes of The Beast and such as well. There's a lot of potential for a future archetype there.

My thinking was that wraiths should return to the battlefield when sent to the graveyard, after 1 turn, or to the deck from which they can be summoned elsewise, but this could be an added bonus for some of them, while others haunt and debilitate.

Haunt I've liked immensely as well, especially with so much card art for wraiths, nightwraiths, noonwraiths and barghests. Hell you could have gold support with the likes of The Beast and such as well. There's a lot of potential for a future archetype there.

Thronebreaker has used artwork and ideas that will be implemented in an upcoming expansion, probably under the vampire banner (while technically not having anything to do with that). That's what I think.

Thronebreaker has used artwork and ideas that will be implemented in an upcoming expansion, probably under the vampire banner (while technically not having anything to do with that). That's what I think.

I really hope so, there's so many interesting concepts to be explored :) It's my understanding that this expansion was planned before HC as well, Burza hinted at it during that live AMA held in the forums.

Top Bottom