Which gameplay and comfort settings would you like to see?

+
I'm a disabled gamer who has a lot more difficulty playing games with fps mechanics. Now I know that the game is a rpg with a fps style perspective that probably doesn't let you switch to a third person perspective. So the best solution is to add eye tracking by tobii, that would be awesome for such a cool looking game.

As we are well aware of, Cyberpunk 2077 will be FP. The designers made their choice and are sticking to their vision, as is their right. A recent interview stated that they are looking into difficulty and sensibility settings for people who are suffering from motion sickness or to improve the experience for people who don't enjoy FP that much.

For reference, here's the article:

https://www.dualshockers.com/cyberpunk-2077-first-person/

Note that my purpose is just to discuss settings involving gameplay, not rehashing the FP vs TP discussion. The moderators made very clear they'll crack down on any attempts to restart it.

Which settings would improve your gameplay experience?

For reference, the motion sickness thread contains a lot of tips (gameplay settings and otherwise) to deal with motion sickness that can help some people:

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?forums/cyberpunk.21

Sadly, they might not help everyone, but I found some of the tips helped me dealing with my (admittedly light) motion sickness.

Some of the settings suggested to help people dealing with motion sickness are often suggested settings as increasing FOV, gamma-settings and disabling camera shake and head-bobbing. I hope these setting won't just be implemented for PC, but also for console. There is a lack of console games with adjustable FOV.

As for gameplay, my suggestion/request would be to add a difficulty/ setting to slow down combat pace. I like some challenge, but quick movement in FP disorients me, making it difficult to hit even basic enemies in FP-view. A slower, more tactical approach would make combat a lot more enjoyable for me at least.

These are just my two cents. What do you hope to see?

Moderators' notice: This thread will NOT be turned into a FPP/TPP battleground. If you post here, make sure your post is ON TOPIC. Any "FPP sucks" type of messages WILL be deleted.

Now, let the conversation flow. :)

well I start....lol @Muffliato , think you scared everyone with that warning! joking!

Anyway , as I said before I'm gonna play this game even if it's FPP . Even though I'm a TPP players mostly .

I don't get mention sickness though . I get dizzy often in FPP . And that's often due to...say when you look around and turn back , that kinda make me a bit dizzy everytime I do it . Not enough to stop playing , but overtime it can give you a headech . (and I'm prone to headech) .

(plz don't ban me for this , I aint trying to break your warning) .

But one thing I can recall from TPP playtrough , is that often the character you play feel HEAVY . when you walk . And that's something I noticed when you switch to FPP...the heavyness kinda get lost . It become like when you walk..it feel like you are lighter . And when you look up , down , left and right..it feel also super light (hence it make me dizzy) .

Therefor , I would say that for me personally (I only speak for myself ) , maybe that's something the Dev could do ? Make FPP feel..heavy ? like you could feel yourself walk..not just get the feeling of a floating camera advancing in a hallway .

I don't really know how to explain it better . I would suggest to play a game with TPP and FPP and see the difference . in TPP you can often see the whole area around you . in FPP I have to turn around , and sometimes it goes too fast..too light .

Other then that , I was just trying to clarify the 'where my dizziness' is coming from . Not that it will stop me from playing this game lol .

well I start....lol @Muffliato , think you scared everyone with that warning! joking!

Anyway , as I said before I'm gonna play this game even if it's FPP . Even though I'm a TPP players mostly .

I don't get mention sickness though . I get dizzy often in FPP . And that's often due to...say when you look around and turn back , that kinda make me a bit dizzy everytime I do it . Not enough to stop playing , but overtime it can give you a headech . (and I'm prone to headech) .

(plz don't ban me for this , I aint trying to break your warning) .

But one thing I can recall from TPP playtrough , is that often the character you play feel HEAVY . when you walk . And that's something I noticed when you switch to FPP...the heavyness kinda get lost . It become like when you walk..it feel like you are lighter . And when you look up , down , left and right..it feel also super light (hence it make me dizzy) .

Therefor , I would say that for me personally (I only speak for myself ) , maybe that's something the Dev could do ? Make FPP feel..heavy ? like you could feel yourself walk..not just get the feeling of a floating camera advancing in a hallway .

I don't really know how to explain it better . I would suggest to play a game with TPP and FPP and see the difference . in TPP you can often see the whole area around you . in FPP I have to turn around , and sometimes it goes too fast..too light .

Other then that , I was just trying to clarify the 'where my dizziness' is coming from . Not that it will stop me from playing this game lol .

I get you. Tend to get dizzy by many of the fast movements myself. Part of the problem is your brain and eyes disagreeing in what they see in FP. Perhaps tweaking settings like headbobbing or camera speed (panning your sight can be delayed) can help you in making the game feel less 'light'.

I get you. Tend to get dizzy by many of the fast movements myself. Part of the problem is your brain and eyes disagreeing in what they see in FP. Perhaps tweaking settings like headbobbing or camera speed (panning your sight can be delayed) can help you in making the game feel less 'light'.
well that would 'seem' like an ideal solution , homewhever it also slow down everything else . and I'm talking about slowing down the mouse montion . In FPP..well you need kinda to be fast to shoot....right?

The headbobbing , I never notice that . I never tried the camera speed though , I keep that in mind and will give it a try in the futur .

Since this is supposed to be an RPG, I think the CDPR should allow us to build characters in entirely different way to experience combat from different angles. What we saw on gameplay preview was quite fast, dynamic and action-based. It seemed like aggresive, weapon oriented build that promoted face-to-face action, using shotguns to sewer limbs from up close and use slow time to move around the enemies faster than they can notice you. A rather classic, aggresive gunzerker with cyberpunkish twist. The build and the way you use it has a direct influence over the way you play the game and move your camera around. Such an aggresive, up-close build requires a lot of moving around, dodging and panning the camera around constantly. It also requires quick aiming at the enemies - for example my girlfriend told me that while the game looks great, this fast, FPP combat will annoy her and create tons of problems. Mostly because of how fast it is.

What I want is the ability to build my character in a way that allows for MUCH more slower approach to combat, with less dynamic elements. Hiding behind covers, killing or hacking enemies from a far, using some powers to disable them. I think crowd control abilites are the key to controlling the battle field. Instead of boosting your speed to move around enemies faster, you should be able to nerf the speed of your enemies by hitting them with abilities that freeze them in place, slow their movement, stagger them, make them fall to the ground, float in the air, whatever. That way YOU can stay more in place, be less mobile and have much more calm camera movement. You also don't need to be the master of FPS games to hit such enemies when they're CC'ed ;) After all, it requires much less drastic movement to aim at the enemy that lies helplessly on the ground instead of boosting your speed, dodging their attacks, circling them around and killing them up close.

Think of it as a difference between, I don't know, Adept and Vanguard in Mass Effect 2. As a Vanguard you use biotic charge a lot to get close the enemies, hit them in their face, hit them with the melee and finish them off with a shotgun from up close. A lot of movement and fast transitions. On the other hand as an Adept you have more crowd control abilities to control everything from a safe place. I hope the same kind of difference will be here. It really does make a big difference, even though it might not seem as such.

I noticed how you have to aim at one of the menu or speech selections presented to you.

It'd be nice if we had the option to switch between that interactivity mode and normal d-pad/WASD mode.

A Mini Map incorporated into the game, so as Smartphone V puts out or a hologram or something that would be a feature with some cybernetic eyes. I like maps, especially if they are well made and detailed not plain and cold, I prefer them to symbols in front of me.

But one thing I can recall from TPP playtrough , is that often the character you play feel HEAVY when you walk.

That is what usually happens when you equip full Havel gear in Dark Souls (insider's joke).

And that's something I noticed when you switch to FPP...the heavyness kinda get lost . It become like when you walk..it feel like you are lighter . And when you look up , down , left and right..it feel also super light (hence it make me dizzy).

FP has faster aiming navigation with the camera 1 on 1 tied to it. In TP that is delayed with the camera in a more width angle, giving you the artificial feeling the movement is more heavy, sluggish even.

Anyhow, I don't think this is something that can be controlled for FP with settings. There are, of course, various gameplay elements that can influence this. For example, when taking too many stimulants, your vision might get blurry or your movement sluggish. Furthermore, when you are hit, your movement should become more erratic. None of this actually solves the motion sickness problem, though.

What I want is the ability to build my character in a way that allows for MUCH more slower approach to combat, with less dynamic elements. Hiding behind covers, killing or hacking enemies from a far, using some powers to disable them.

I was thinking something similar but I wish I can make a slow big tankish guy, both visually and in gameplay. I am afraid that Jackie stole the role I mostly play in both P&P RPG's and in videogames, leaving us to be the fast moving one. Being a older gamer I prefer a slower pace where misstakes are forgiven because I can take it.

I hope there's some Subdermal armor and Grafted muscles among the enhancements we can get.

I know exactly what you mean. I think I remember one game that did that, but can't really nail down which game it was. Basically, it tried to emulate the fact that when we start walking, running and so on, we don't do this instantly. We don't instantly speed up from 0 to our max speed. It takes time. Same with walking. When you start walking or running, you have that initial "speed up" transition between standing still and full walking / running. Most games don't emulate it in any way - you press W, and you either walk or run instantly at full speed. I think the movement would be much heavier if we had this initial "speed up" sequence whenever we try to start to move. So you press W, and first second or second and half you slowly start walking or running faster until you reach your max speed.

This is also the reason why I like to play with controller. Analogue stick allows you to do this by yourself by slowly moving it up. That's how I play most games with analogue. I do a lot of switching between walking, jogging and running. Keyboard doesn't allow me to do that :/

Options to toggle things on/off, like timed dialogues, the up and down thing when you are walking, game difficulty, etc...
The more the player can choose, the best it's experience will be.

Since this is supposed to be an RPG, I think the CDPR should allow us to build characters in entirely different way to experience combat from different angles. What we saw on gameplay preview was quite fast, dynamic and action-based. It seemed like aggresive, weapon oriented build that promoted face-to-face action, using shotguns to sewer limbs from up close and use slow time to move around the enemies faster than they can notice you. A rather classic, aggresive gunzerker with cyberpunkish twist. The build and the way you use it has a direct influence over the way you play the game and move your camera around. Such an aggresive, up-close build requires a lot of moving around, dodging and panning the camera around constantly. It also requires quick aiming at the enemies - for example my girlfriend told me that while the game looks great, this fast, FPP combat will annoy her and create tons of problems. Mostly because of how fast it is.

What I want is the ability to build my character in a way that allows for MUCH more slower approach to combat, with less dynamic elements. Hiding behind covers, killing or hacking enemies from a far, using some powers to disable them. I think crowd control abilites are the key to controlling the battle field. Instead of boosting your speed to move around enemies faster, you should be able to nerf the speed of your enemies by hitting them with abilities that freeze them in place, slow their movement, stagger them, make them fall to the ground, float in the air, whatever. That way YOU can stay more in place, be less mobile and have much more calm camera movement. You also don't need to be the master of FPS games to hit such enemies when they're CC'ed ;) After all, it requires much less drastic movement to aim at the enemy that lies helplessly on the ground instead of boosting your speed, dodging their attacks, circling them around and killing them up close.

Think of it as a difference between, I don't know, Adept and Vanguard in Mass Effect 2. As a Vanguard you use biotic charge a lot to get close the enemies, hit them in their face, hit them with the melee and finish them off with a shotgun from up close. A lot of movement and fast transitions. On the other hand as an Adept you have more crowd control abilities to control everything from a safe place. I hope the same kind of difference will be here. It really does make a big difference, even though it might not seem as such.

Often went Infiltrator or Engineer in ME for that reason. Great way for more tactical play and crowd control.

Its why I hope thay release more info about combat soon. Currently its looking too much like a FPS, a genre I don't enjoy at all. More info might mitigate a lot of my concern. Otherwise, I'll just hope for a difficulty that would give me more reaction time without just making combat easier by nerfing enemies or granting more hitpoints to the player.

Besides the obvious settings and sliders, what would you think about these more out-of-the-box solutions to prevent motion sickness?

Like adding a visible nose:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/phys.org/news/2015-03-virtual-nose-simulator-sickness-video.amp

Or making rotation super fast:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...k-but-the-persistence-does-all-it-can-to-help

Both methods might look weird or counterintuitive, but motion sickness comes from the movement in FP messing up your spatial awareness, which can cause varying degrees of dizziness and nausea.

The nose could be replaced by a permanently visible targeting reticule, as to give your eyes something to focus on.

The theory behind the super fast rotation is that the sickness you can get from your brain perceiving sideways movement without actual moving by cutting the visual entirely.

Are these solutions worth pursuing for CDPR?

Not entirely sure if this is a "comfort" but I would make my gameplay easier. Having the ability to save multiple games instead of having to go to load file screen would be nice for having multiple characters

Last edited:
I Agree Tobii Eye Tracking would be great in this game. Not because i'm bad at fps or don't like it but for many other reasons. to many to discuss it's easier to just lookup tobii gaming eye tracking.

Having a detection module that can point out items, points of interest, friendlies/enemies, etc... so that it can facilitate the exploration/infiltration situations. It is similar to Geralt's medallion in Witcher.

Top Bottom