Which Geralt You will be? Good-Bad-Neutral?

+

Which Geralt You will be? Good-Bad-Neutral?

• Good

Votes: 23 23.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Neutral

Votes: 74 74.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All about that money. If there's a way to earn money, I'll earn it. Even if it's a "bad" job like smuggling fisstech. I'll do the job and kill him once I've been paid and then i'll deal with the repercussions if he has colleagues that want me dead afterwards. Maybe I'm bad, maybe I'm good who knows? I'll always do what is best for Geralt-Triss-Yennefer-Ciri-Wallet-Witchers in that order. Everyone else can eat troll scat.

Neutral whenever possible.

How was it again?

"Evil is Evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it makes no difference. If I was to choose between one evil or another, I'd rather not choose at all"

I thought the whole point of The Witcher was that you couldn't reduce your actions to "good" or "evil" and it handled choices & consequences in an adult manner? If it goes the route where every choice fits into a black & white morality than this is going to be my least favorite game in the franchise. In fact, I may swear off The Witcher 3 altogether.

I thought the whole point of The Witcher was that you couldn't reduce your actions to "good" or "evil" and it handled choices & consequences in an adult manner? If it goes the route where every choice fits into a black & white morality than this is going to be my least favorite game in the franchise. In fact, I may swear off The Witcher 3 altogether.

Oh, I totally agree. Fortunately, the thread is just speculation based on what I hope (and believe) was an over-simplification in that video.
We need to fill the time somehow. :)

@Dragonbird I totally agree. On of the things that occurred to me about that video is that it seems to be edited to take some of the lines of dialogue out of context. IRL I bet the situation is a lot more complicated then just "Should I buy you beer, or fucking kill you?"

I expect the men confronting Geralt are bounty hunters who are hunting for him and Vessimer. Thus they have a reason to try to remain anonymous by getting them drunk ;) On the flip side, if he kills the bounty hunters the townspeople will probably think Geralt is a monster and will be less likely to co-operate with him in his search for Yennifer. "I'm a Witcher" is the middle option where you still kill the bounty hunters but you aren't responsible for starting the fight.

Last edited:
there's many shades of grey in tw3, perhaps more than fifty, and i feel the decisions i make will be of a variety of greys and as a whole my interpretation of Geralt will be the grey version.

i suppose there's room to interpret options in the witcher universe as having whites and blacks in places, but my view of that world becomes so skewed that i can't identify them anymore. every situation is different, for me, unique and requires no blanket response (or at least, I hope they won't). i probably will have tendencies but i'll hardly keep track of them.

I burst into laugh with your comment :teeth:. Yeah the whole world is grey, it's so complicated, and that's mean good, every choice you make has some kind of consequences.
I read the book and in a short story Geralt and another character have a talk about thing called "lesser evil", thing like the least evil choice if I'm not wrong.

Neutral whenever possible.

How was it again?

"Evil is Evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it makes no difference. If I was to choose between one evil or another, I'd rather not choose at all"

But he did. Always he does. No backdoor for running. No emty heart. The human face of Geralt always wins over the unsensitive mutant one.

Anyone who draws a sword at geralt dies , but I will not provoke it. ... staying on the witchers path ;) ...... but when it comes down to geralt following his heart ... I will show no mercy for anyone standing in his way... so im not good ,bad or neutral.... im geralt of rivia ;) ... at least for my main playthrough ... so I cant choose any of those options ... maybe add "grey to it"

Last edited:
A strange question to ask since there's barely anything black and white about the player choices in these games or the Witcher universe for that matter.

"Evil is evil, Stregobor. Lesser, greater, middling ,makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition's blurred. If I´m to choose between one evil or another, I´d rather not choose at all"
-Geralt of Rivia, The Last Wish

^^^And this is the path for me.

Top Bottom