Which is the most important aspect of Witcher 2?

+
Which is the most important aspect of Witcher 2?

If you had to sacrifice one in terms of quality which would you sacrifice?StoryRPG ElementsAction ElementsLengthUI & PC specific features :Support for triple monitor, mod support etc.GraphicsPersonally, I would sacrifice the RPG elements. Call me crazy, but as long as the game is balanced, an action game is as much for me. The last thing I would sacrifice would be the story, then graphics, then length, then PC specific features.

Only graphics out of all those. I first thought about UI but I know I sometimes get irked from a game just taking a look at its UI.

UI & PC specific features :Support for triple monitor, mod support etc.GraphicsAs much as I like good Graphics if your dont have the other things in a game there no point in playing it IMO

If you take the RPG elements out of an RPG then you have no RPG game.Seems to me you don't want to play RPG games but just action games.

fchopin said:
If you take the RPG elements out of an RPG then you have no RPG game.Seems to me you don't want to play RPG games but just action games.
The line between RPG and ACTION is getting thinner every day. Even the Witcher was a mix of the two. For me, and RPG is turn-based and an action is skill-based. If I had to choose, I would go with skill-based, just personal preference. And by the looks of it, Witcher 2 will probably allow me to play an action game with strategy involved, so best of both worlds.

For myself, it would be length (closely followed by graphics). If the story is compelling, then the length of the game does not matter to me. I usually play through a game to experience a story multiple times regardless.

Darksavior said:
For myself, it would be length (closely followed by graphics). If the story is compelling, then the length of the game does not matter to me. I usually play through a game to experience a story multiple times regardless.
I used to play games multiple times through, but now that I am older and games offer so many options I usually just make my first time count.

Probably UI & PC specific features :Support for triple monitor, mod support etc.Then Action Elements (only if RPG Elements are done very well)Then GraphicsThese are the only things I can suffer. If anything else goes missing, I won't buy the game.

@ Salad: For myself, being a stay at home mom to a 4 year old, the replay value is extremely important to me. For myself, a great replay value is equal to a great story. I mostly play RPGs. I tend to do everything that I can the first time, second time, third time, ect. Because my hard-drive decided to die, I am going through TW for the 15th time (from start to finish). I'm of the mind that if I pay $50-60 (US) for a game, then I want to play it more than 1 time.

Darksavior said:
@ Salad: For myself, being a stay at home mom to a 4 year old, the replay value is extremely important to me. For myself, a great replay value is equal to a great story. I mostly play RPGs. I tend to do everything that I can the first time, second time, third time, ect. Because my hard-drive decided to die, I am going through TW for the 15th time (from start to finish). I'm of the mind that if I pay $50-60 (US) for a game, then I want to play it more than 1 time.
Wow thats impressive, I wish I had the passion to play more than once. I have tried playing games twice but I quickly start to wonder what other games are out and move on to the next. Recently installed TW but found myself distracted and bought Two Worlds 2.

For me above all stands the replay value an that is story, RPG & action elements (and maybe length too).Good graphics and other tech trimmings are... well, actually I want to buy the game and not a new rig which enables me to play the game I want to buy :pStoryRPG ElementsAction ElementsLengthUI & PC specific features :Support for triple monitor, mod support etc.Graphics

If I had to sacrifice any of those things then I wouldn't buy the game. The reason I decided to purchase Witcher 2 in the first place was because all those aspects appealed to me.I would basically have to reevaluate its worth to me, and I really don't know how that would go.

I'd never sacrifice -StoryRPG ElementsLength (=the amount of quality content)UI & PC specific features - I want a good PC-oriented interface, not some gaypad menus, but I don't care about support for triple monitor, mod support etc.I don't care about at all -GraphicsAction Elements

the most important aspect for me is the art. i guess that goes under graphics. i didn't buy witcher 1 because i wasn't a fan of the art direction. it seemed still too young. i'm glad witcher 2 has taken the art in a completely different direction. those kaedwen soldiers are the epitome of good character design. just brilliant.i bought the game because of them.

seamusgod said:
the most important aspect for me is the art. i guess that goes under graphics. i didn't buy witcher 1 because i wasn't a fan of the art direction. it seemed still too young. i'm glad witcher 2 has taken the art in a completely different direction. those kaedwen soldiers are the epitome of good character design. just brilliant.i bought the game because of them.
Interesting, the art was definitely not the best in the first but the unique universe sucked me in. It seems the TW2 will be the best of both worlds, hopefully.

Irx said:
I'd never sacrifice -StoryRPG ElementsLength (=the amount of quality content)UI & PC specific features - I want a good PC-oriented interface, not some gaypad menus, but I don't care about support for triple monitor, mod support etc.I don't care about at all -GraphicsAction Elements
Couldn't agree more...

Irx said:
These, my friend, are Words of Wisdom.

Mood, Music, and most important of all for me, MORAL AMBIGUITY. No other game IMO does this as well as The Witcher did. That and the decisions and consequences. Those two kinda went hand in hand.

Not so much moral ambiguity as moral dilemmas. It's a distinction I prefer to make, not even if everybody does. If there were any real question of whether the major villains of TW1 were actually in the right, or whether Geralt should execute justice upon them, that would be moral ambiguity. TW1 is not a morally ambiguous world in that sense. The decisions that present themselves in the game are instead moral dilemmas: questions of whether Geralt should excuse some evil to prevent another, or ally with evildoers to combat other villains.

Top Bottom