Which is your language ???

+
Cassandra31EEE said:
My progress in polish is impressive! I now can count to 100000, i can introduce myself, say that i 'm on holiday, good day-evening-night, the seasons, thank you, i 'm sorry, it's alright, ...and other stuff... ;D ;D ;DSapkowsi i 'm coming!!!!
Pity that hardly anyone in Sapkowski's works says those things... And I have to disappoint you, there is no climatic countdown from 100000 in the books ]:->Good to see someone's learning Polish, though. Keep up the good work! :beer:

more people from finland than i tought. well i speak finnish quite well because i live there :). also english.

I'm from Poland, and I use all the time Polish language... ;) In school I am learning english and deutshe language (really - I don't like deutshe lang. :/). In home I am learning greek :D I love Greece and I am learn they language only from one book ^^

I, too, am a Finn, and thus speak Finnish. Other than that, I am quite fluent in English, and understand German rather well (it's a nice language).

BeronHeavyhand said:
I'm from Poland, and I use all the time Polish language... ;) In school I am learning english and deutshe language (really - I don't like deutshe lang. :/). In home I am learning greek :D I love Greece and I am learn they language only from one book ^^
So, i learn your language and you learn mine? Both languages rarely spoken from foreigners? Odd, eh? ;)

dc-61 said:
A little joke...almost no one will knows what "Plattdeutsch" means!! ;D
I do :) My grandmother could never understand her uncle when he spoke Plattdeutsch (although her parents could).I'm a native English speaker (American). Ich spreche ein kleine Deutsch. (though I'm rather rusty...haven't had a class or reason to speak it in about three years). And I'm currently working on picking up Arabic (MSA) (currently jobhunting and there's bit of a demand for that in certain governmental agencies right now, leading to preference in hiring if you know it (or a dozen other languages...German dropped off the list with the end of the Cold War though)). So far I've picked up basic greetings, numbers, phrases (my name is... where are you from? I'm from...) and some random vocabulary (fun with flashcards). Not sure yet if I'll try learning a specific dialect if/when I get the basic language down or not.Was going to try Mandarin, but my pronounciation is horrible, and given how dependent that language is on proper pitch and whatnot... Had a few friends suggest I try Japanese, since Berlitz's software rates my pronounciation well on some random words I've tried.Oddly enough, I'm finding Arabic easier than German despite it being a far more distant a language from English.Always wanted to pick up Latin, but just never seemed to find the time.

I can also understand bits of it, since it has quite some similarities with dutch.I forgot to mention earlier that I also am able to understand Frisian, and Afrikaans (Since it is a related to dutch :p)

probably Flemish as well then :) ... my dutch if pretty bad, much worse than my german, but the french helps with some dutch :wave:

gamewidow said:
probably Flemish as well then :) ... my dutch if pretty bad, much worse than my german, but the french helps with some dutch :wave:
Yes indeed, I can understand Flemish as well since it is 98 % dutch :) I can also understand bits of french btw.Je parle francais une petit peu ;)

gamewidow said:
Glad to hear that French can help with Dutch .Perhaps I should learn Dutch since french is my mother tongue. I thought Dutch sounded very german to my french ears. But I don't speak German , even if my son-in law is a German from Hamburg But he speaks French so well...

My native language is Bulgarian and I think that makes a dazzling 2 Bulgarians in this forum :teeth:I can handle with English reasonably well too, and some French.

matches81 said:
English, German and that small bit of Latin that's still there from my school-days. Latin helps a bit when reading other languages, but it's nearly no help when listening to spoken language.
I also know a little bit of Latin because of my job. My native language is Portuguese and I speak English and a tiny bit of Spanish.

Behold, for I speak Norwegian and English. I also know a few words and phrases in some other languages, like Latin, Russian, German, Spanish, Japanese etc.

Top Bottom