Which is your language ???

+
Born and raised in the US so english is primary but lived in Germany for 12 years and wasn't going to live anywhere i didn't know what people were sayin about me lol. haven't had the chance to have a full conversation in german in quite some time but still find myself using it fom time to time(specially when i stub a toe or smash my thumb with a hammer) ;D Hope the monks in Kreuzberg are still making my favorite beer ;)

Polish, English(i'm in US 4 a while... wonna go home! :I), French and a little bit of Spanish... other in plans :)BTW I really look up 2 ppl who speak 8 or 9 languages. I'm dealing with 4 + i'm planning 2 start 2 learn Russian, German and maybe some Japanese. IMHO the more languages u speak the easier it is to learn new 1s.

It is true that beyond a certain point in languages study, you master a very wide array of pronounciations, many of the weirdest grammatical ideas, some common frames among some linguistic families, and a real sense of etimology. Though, learning seriously a language is quite time consumming, and most of us stop once we understand 1-3 more languages than our mother tongue.I was amused by someone above mentioning knowing english and American! Do you feel them as real separate languages?!

RandyOrcutt said:
Born and raised in the US so english is primary but lived in Germany for 12 years and wasn't going to live anywhere i didn't know what people were sayin about me lol. haven't had the chance to have a full conversation in german in quite some time but still find myself using it fom time to time(specially when i stub a toe or smash my thumb with a hammer) ;D Hope the monks in Kreuzberg are still making my favorite beer ;)
Well...isn´t it a lovely sounded language...all that äääässs..öööössss...and üüüüssss!!! ;D Berlin ist ne geile Stadt, hm!!? Let me be curious..what was your favourite beer?Schultheis,Berliner Kindl or possibly "Mönchsbräu" !! ;D

Sycandre said:
I was amused by someone above mentioning knowing english and American! Do you feel them as real separate languages?!
There's a HUGE difference! :) Most of non-native English speakers speak Mid-Atlantic English :p

dc-61 said:
dc-61 said:
Well...isn´t it a lovely sounded language...all that äääässs..öööössss...and üüüüssss!!! ;D Berlin ist ne geile Stadt, hm!!? Let me be curious..what was your favourite beer?Schultheis,Berliner Kindl or possibly "Mönchsbräu" !! ;D
Beer of choice dc-61 would have to be "Kreutzberg" its a small kloster and brauerei near Wildflecken, if i remember right. needed to take a bus from the bottom of the mountain to get to the top as a full day of festivities made it impossble to get back down. My old unit is having a reunion in 2009 ;D near Fulda,so pretty excited about seeing all the ol' stompin grounds again. not sure the month the reunion will be held but so many festivals so little time; might have to stick around a few months as i want to see the Lorelei rock festival,Fasching in Munich,or Lulusfest in Bad Hersfeld ;D

Possibly i will have the opportunity in the near future to taste this beer!!? Whenever the reunion will happen...enjoy your stay in good old germany and as i can see... here is an american who knows more locations but Munich with it´s Oktoberfest!! ::) ;)Btw i´ve never heard about "Lulufest"...sounds a little bit "nasty"!!? ;D

Dutch and English are my main languages (though speech and pronunciation in English is sometimes a bit off). I can understand and read German, and with some effort I can also grasp the meaning of simple lines and words in French and Spanish (those I haven't actively used in years and I've forgotten most of it).

dc-61 said:
Possibly i will have the opportunity in the near future to taste this beer!!?
I reccomend it highly,it makes for a great relaxing day, though i think its closed till spring this time of year. I heard they have a great Weinachts Markt though i've never been.
dc-61 said:
Btw i´ve never heard about "Lulufest"...sounds a little bit "nasty"!!? ;D
Hehe ,only gets nasty if ya drink to much "LulusFeuer". ;) alles auf der rassen Lulus was one of Napoleon's generals ordered to burn German cities and villages, but had bonfires lit instead just to make it appear that way,thus saving many cities. now to honor him they light a huge fire in the center of Bad Hersfeld and party for a week each year. supposedly if the fire ever went out they lose the honor and it would get moved to Fulda. Cool history ;D Can you tell i'm getting homesick,,,,and i'm not even German.

RandyOrcutt said:
RandyOrcutt said:
Possibly i will have the opportunity in the near future to taste this beer!!?
I reccomend it highly,it makes for a great relaxing day, though i think its closed till spring this time of year. I heard they have a great Weinachts Markt though i've never been.
RandyOrcutt said:
Btw i´ve never heard about "Lulufest"...sounds a little bit "nasty"!!? ;D
Hehe ,only gets nasty if ya drink to much "LulusFeuer". ;) alles auf der rassen Lulus was one of Napoleon's generals ordered to burn German cities and villages, but had bonfires lit instead just to make it appear that way,thus saving many cities. now to honor him they light a huge fire in the center of Bad Hersfeld and party for a week each year. supposedly if the fire ever went out they lose the honor and it would get moved to Fulda. Cool history ;D Can you tell i'm getting homesick,,,,and i'm not even German.
Thanks for teaching me in history!! ;) Now i´m a little bit wiser!! Sounds really "dramatic" ;D

tissaia said:
I speak Polish, English and a little bit Deutsch:) I also know few words in French, but unfortunately it's not enough to communicate...
There is lots of way to communicate !You know french kiss ? ahahah :p----I am French and I speak English too, i can understand spanish too (but not really talk it ^^').I am also interested in speaking Elvish (but not enough time for that currently).Nb : Also i would like to thanks the website staff to translate all informations in my native language (and all others available).. i don't see that for lots of game.

English.I'd like to say I'm part of the Cajun French collective... ;) errr speak French in Louisiana but I'm more like one who was rejected a part of his heritage ;)

Russian>Ukrainian>English>almost all slovanian in some ways>little deutsch>and very basics of japan :)

Top Bottom