Which side yields the best benefits, squirels or order?

+
Which side yields the best benefits, squirels or order?

Hey GUys,Ok so i saw the other thread about hleping squirels or order but it was all just long winded polical *bleep*. What i want to know is which side yields the best benefits? For example what do you guys from helping either side? Does either side get you different weapons/armors, which side gives you more quests, does chooseing either side get youn into any special areas(like the one gate in the sewers that leads into what looks like a forest but i cant seem to find a key for it anywhere). Or say if i choose to help the order in the swamp battle with the dwarven blacksmith in the temple district no longer deal with me? etc. etc.Please no politics, both sides have their ups and downs and everyone has a different opinion, i just want the benefits of either side.

nimue

Forum veteran
I'd say the benefits are pretty balanced. Like Whisper pointed out, if you deal with one side then obviously the other won't exactly be overjoyed and will refuse to deal with you. There are two quests in Act 3, one for each side, which possibly can't both be completed depending of the choices you make and the sequence in which you make them.
I'm referring to Yaevinn's "Echoes of Yesterday" and Siegfried's "Six Feet Under". However, you can do both quests if you take care to finish them before finishing "A Posh Reception" - see the wiki for details.
Other than that, the consequences of your choice are mainly moral and political. Raven's Armour in Act V will look slightly different depending on your Path, the sex card you can get in Act V varies as well, but it's simply variations, you won't miss anything.

Are the quests you speak of...
Im not sure of the name as i rarely pay attention to them but is the quest for Yaevinn' the one where you have to deliver the message to Vivaldi? If so I have completed that one, Im assuming the quest for the order was in the cemetary, I think thats the only quet i havent yet completed as i cant get in, Taler(the pawn guy) said he would give me a pass if i cleared him, but that option dissapeared when i killed ramsmeat, and I pissed vincet off so he wont talk to me. Ive already got the mteor sword from the dwarven blacksmoith(the one that is better then the meteor sword from the order blacksmith.
Which side, in your opinion, give the best result? Better looking armor, better sex cards, and better quests?

nimue

Forum veteran
The two quests you mentioned are in Act II, the ones I was talking about are in Act III. Which cards and armour you like better you have to decide for yourself :) Probably the best approach is to play the game once for each side - Scoia'tael, Order and Neutral. Then you can compare the full set of everything.

Quickest and dirtiest summary:elf version of raven's armour = good for signsneutral version of raven's armour = balancedorder version of raven's armour = good for defenseThat is the extent of the mechanical differences.Personally, armour version is a lame reason for choosing any side .. the fluff is what makes this game great.About as lame as choosing a side based on which card you get. :p

well neither side means anthing to me, its just a game, your not really friend with seigfried or zoltan, their just characters in the game, that dont actually do anything, so the choice is best made on which benefits you get to better play and/or enjoy the game, for myself i dont use signs at all so the order version of the armor would be far better for me. Whats really lame is choosing a side based on sympathy for people and a cause that doesnt exist, its just a game ;)

BlindSight said:
well neither side means anthing to me, its just a game, your not really friend with seigfried or zoltan, their just characters in the game, that dont actually do anything, so the choice is best made on which benefits you get to better play and/or enjoy the game, for myself i dont use signs at all so the order version of the armor would be far better for me. Whats really lame is choosing a side based on sympathy for people and a cause that doesnt exist, its just a game ;)
Of course, and your choice as just a part of the game, nothing important, nothing to "speculate" about. The only difference for you is in sets of armor you get in Chapter V and the difference between the neutral and the order version is really small, so probably you will have to decide depending on your sympathies anyway. ;)

BlindSight said:
Whats really lame is choosing a side based on sympathy for people and a cause that doesnt exist, its just a game ;)
I think it's called immersion... Playing an RPG to become someone else in a (hopefully) fascinating story... Geralt doesn't know it's a game... ;)

The main plot / story doesn't change if you side with the Order or Scoia'tael or stay neutral. The change are the different ways how to finish the story. I would try both sides to learn more about them. 3 types of Raven's armor
http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Armor#Raven.27s_Armor
btwsame question here, quite new, you haven't to read many many postings ;)

BlindSight said:
Whats really lame is choosing a side based on sympathy for people and a cause that doesnt exist, its just a game ;)
You have missed the point of this game -- go play Diablo! :)

Slyloki said:
I think it's called immersion... Playing an RPG to become someone else in a (hopefully) fascinating story... Geralt doesn't know it's a game... ;)
Exactly- I believe that's why they call it role-playing. Surely you feel more comfortable with one side than the other- if you don't, play neutral.If you're after great armor, I'd suggest Two worlds- you can stack your armor untill the cows come home. Armor doesn't make that big a difference here- I can win the game without Raven's armor, and I'm OLD ;) and REALLY BAD at these games. This game is about choices between two sides- which would you stand on? :evil: :angel:personally, I like the idea of exploring all the paths. But that's just me.

lol corylea, i have played EVERY rpg out there worth playing, and in the end their all just games, and the objective, atleast to me, is to win in the most effective and enjoyable way possible, anyways i didnt ask for any (censored) coments, if you dont have anything good to say then dont say it at all, so tired of rude people.

BlindSight said:
lol corylea, i have played EVERY rpg out there worth playing, and in the end their all just games, and the objective, atleast to me, is to win in the most effective and enjoyable way possible, anyways i didnt ask for any (censored) coments, if you dont have anything good to say then dont say it at all, so tired of rude people.
The most effective way to 'win' is to have a damn good time playing... Like reading a good book, you don't read it to get to the last page, you read it for the story... Well I do...I gather you like winning by having the solutions spoonfed, just to be able to say "I beat that game"...And no I bet you havn't played EVERY rpg worth playing... Played the Phantasie series, Wizards crown, Fallout series, how about roadwar 2000 or Alter Ego?Rude comments removed, poster PM warned

Who are you to say the question was wrong? and yes i have played thoes, ive played them all, i started rgp's with pen and paper playing D&D with my buddies.What ive come to realise with games is that im nost cases one side is more enjoyable then the other, if you choose the wrong one your gonna miss out, I like my games to be an experience, i play them through once and only once, i have no need to play it over and over and just get sick of the game, I play it once to experience it and leave with that impression of the game, I just wanted to know which side yielded the best game experience, I didnt know that they were pretty much thesame because in many games choosing a side changes your progession quite a bitRemoved personal attack. Poster Warned.

OK enough! both of you. If you can't play nice, then don't post here.@Blindsight, don't post if you don't want replies, and not all replies will agree with your PoV ... calling people names is a blatant violation of our forum rules so this has earned you a warning as well.@Slyloki, you've shown yourself to be better than this in past ... what's up today ?To address one of your points, the fact that none of the sides you choose leads to a less fulfilling game experience is one of the great things about the Witcher, one the things that sets it apart, IMHO. I agree that with other rpg's i've played there definitely was a problem with playing (usual) evil -- they always stuck it to you in the end for being 'bad' despite allowing the option, which always drove me nuts.

In my defence i didnt call him anything, just asked if he was aware of a fact ;)anyways, thats all i wanted to know, i didnt want rude snobish remarks, i just wanted a clear answer so I could make a decisive choice in what i wanted to do in the game, ive played too many games where choosing the wrong side has lead to a poor game experience and forced me to restart the game to avoide the suckitude and I didnt want the witcher to be one of thoes, Im glad that they wrote and scripted this game intelligently and that the game experience doesnt suffer because of making the 'wrong' choice.

Hmm .. actually, I think the most significant choice of that nature is the one you make in the prologue.That is, the one to fight the frightener or go after the sorcerer.Being able to get a 3R sword in act 1 is just awesome.Personally, I don't bother, 'cos I prefer to save my cash for new armour in act 2 .. and grab Harvall.Not as good as a 3R sword, but it's free.

BlindSight said:
Who are you to say the question was wrong? and yes i have played thoes, ive played them all, i started rgp's with pen and paper playing D&D with my buddies.What ive come to realise with games is that im nost cases one side is more enjoyable then the other, if you choose the wrong one your gonna miss out, I like my games to be an experience, i play them through once and only once, i have no need to play it over and over and just get sick of the game, I play it once to experience it and leave with that impression of the game, I just wanted to know which side yielded the best game experience, I didnt know that they were pretty much thesame because in many games choosing a side changes your progession quite a bit
It sounds to me like you're a bit bored with role-playing games. Try another genre for awhile, perhaps? I mean, I love my motorcycle, but I don't want to ride it twenty-four hours a day. (not entirely true ]:->) Sometimes it's good to step back and breathe.Personally, for the money you spend on games these days, playing a game only once seems like a great waste to me. I'M NOT SAYING THAT YOU'RE WRONG AND I'M RIGHT, just that we view these things differently.

BlindSight said:
Who are you to say the question was wrong? and yes i have played thoes, ive played them all, i started rgp's with pen and paper playing D&D with my buddies.
Did you play the Amiga or Atari versions?It was a 'powergamer' question, and unlike most games out there, which btw I enjoy immensely, TW isn't about powerplay, it's about the story and how YOU want it to unfold...Like Alter Ego, there is no right path, just a variety of ways your alter grows up... Lawyer, Axewielding maniac, it was the choices that mattered, not the endings...I think was people were trying to get through to you is that no-one can tell how you will enjoy the game most... Like when at work people ask me what apples they'd like best... Errr I wouldn't have a clue... :beer:

Honestly, there really isn't a "better" path option in this game. I'd go so far as to say that the 3 main paths are equivalent. :wave:

Top Bottom