Which V gonna be your V ?

+

Which gender are you gonna play ?

• Total voters
I was initially gonna go female V because I'd rather stare at a female body for unknown amounts of hours but seeing as it's first person I'm thinking I'll go male first in order to try and relate more to the character and then on the second play through try female V...but I gotta say female V seems pretty badass at this point.
I'm pretty down with her voice too. Wouldn't mind having her in my ears for a few hours at a time.

I'm pretty down with her voice too. Wouldn't mind having her in my ears for a few hours at a time.

Good point! I didn't even think about that and do we know if the voice actor from the E3 trailer is locked in as male V because if so I might switch my play order lol. Not saying the dude was bad but I dunno, wasn't super impressed.

Female V, she looks awesome and I love her voice.

I don't normally make a male when given the choice unless there is drastic differences which I can't see there being.

Good point! I didn't even think about that and do we know if the voice actor from the E3 trailer is locked in as male V because if so I might switch my play order lol. Not saying the dude was bad but I dunno, wasn't super impressed.

I would think that the voice actors are locked in at this point. Can't be 100% positive right now who the male voice actor is, but I'd take a guess that it was the narrator from the E3 trailer. I'll dig around tomorrow, see if I can pull anything up if someone doesn't get to it first.

Most of my gaming hours are at night and I try to keep the noise down, so I spend a lot of time between my headset. Voices aren't something I used to think about but after playing a lot of single player games sound design and voice acting started to really get under my skin when it was bad. A good voice actor can make all the difference in a first person game like CP2077.

Whenever I can choose my character's gender in games, the first playthrough is with a female character. Because it's a lot more natural to me to play as my own gender.

I always create a male character later on, though, because why not. :p

(Also, edited the poll so it no longer says Vi on the options. :) )

Whenever I can choose my character's gender in games, the first playthrough is with a female character. Because it's a lot more natural to me to play as my own gender.

I always create a male character later on, though, because why not. :p

(Also, edited the poll so it no longer says Vi on the options. :) )
Thank you so much for that! YAY!

But seriously , any idea what kind of character you gonna make ? red head ? blonde ? brunette ?

Ohhh do you think there is rainbow colors for hair ?

any idea what kind of character you gonna make ? red head ? blonde ? brunette ?

Well, I am a brunette IRL so that's always a logical choice. :p
Rainbow hair is definitely not my thing, though, and neither is red. A neon colour could work, or electric blue. :unsure:

Well, I am a brunette IRL so that's always a logical choice. :p
Rainbow hair is definitely not my thing, though, and neither is red. A neon colour could work, or electric blue. :unsure:
you gonna give me a complex now lol...I'm brunette but got a thing for blonde...red head...brunette...nom nom..:sneaky:

Oh didn't say for you , just in the cc I mean . In Shadowrun dragonfall , there was the portrait for a character and she had rainbow hair..looked so badass ! :D never though of it for a character of mine , but this game make me wanna give it a shot !

I'm 90% sure that this game will be replayable. Possibly similar to what they did in TW3.
Yea, with the backstory questions, skill tree and to smaller extent gender which won't change much, I can see the replayable factor. I haven't really haven't though about that...
Post automatically merged:

humm man..

I remember cyborg! that was a long time ago! Lol

are you gonna make him black too ? or her ?
Even tho I'm not black, I guess so. At the end of the day I don't really care what my character looks like. He can be white, Asian, black or an alien from outer space.

Last edited:
Since my preference is female characters as lead of course I'll play as the female V. And only that. I'm not a fan of having different playthroughs since I always (if I can) play as the same type of character in all games; PC, console or PnP. Look wise, as close as I can make her look like my profile pic. Blonde or black hair, I love both. She's going to be on the violent side, emotionally unstable, loner, insatiable bloodlust, etc. I doubt the game will let me play a character like this, basically no game does. Why I prefer PnP games over the virtual world, they give me the full options and consequences of being a psychopath girl like this. But I will certainly try. At least I hope I can be like renegade Shepard in ME trilogy or aggressive Hawke in DA2 at the minimum.

But, it does not mean being silly or plain stupid. It's like in D&D; just because you're chaotic evil does not mean you're stupid. Why walk into a town and slaughter all the townsfolk, you're just gonna get killed by the guard. No your character taker her time and in night time she kills. Oh, and being chaotic evil also means you can still have friends or even fall in love with someone. As in, you can still care.

Since I like the voice, I'm leaning towards female. Also, the relationship between female V and Jackie works better in my mind as an overprotective big brother to V as the troublesome little sister dynamic. Plus, I'm looking to create someone as close to my avatar as possible. Finally, and maybe I'm weird like this, but when I see a guy kick ass, I'm always like, "OK, that was pretty cool" and stuff...but let me see a female do the exact same thing and the cool-factor is automatically multiplied exponentially.

525980c7925541c973b41957514751d9.jpg

Usually play as a guy (my own gender) first. Often use a preset face, because I'm pretty bad at making chars that aren' looking like Frankensteins monster. Do tweak haircolour or style if possible.

Second playtrough as a gal, go get a different perspective and check for new speech options or mission outcomes.

A woman of course, V reminds me a bit of the first PnP character I created (except mine was probably a bit more cringey, emo and just more stereotypical...) so... that's pretty much a no brainer for me.

I really like female mc's in games, but if it's an RPG that gives me a choice, it has to be male. It's just a lot easier to get into roleplaying the character my own gender. When I play as a male, I make all the decisions thinking "What would I do". Playing as a female is kinda like reading a book or watching a movie, it's more like "What would female V do".

When I play as a male, I make all the decisions thinking "What would I do". Playing as a female is kinda like reading a book or watching a movie, it's more like "What would female V do".

Precisely, except the other way around for me.
I find it super hard to make decisions in first person when playing as a male character; I always think "Okay, let's do this" rather than "Okay, I'm going to do this".

I usually play female characters, but it depends on the character creator. If I can make more boy-ish guy, with some fancy hairstyle, earrings, tattoos and slender body then I'll definitely consider playing a male. I usually don't do it because most of the times males are bulky and muscular soldier kind of type in games and I kind of don't have any connection to people like that. In such case I prefer to go with female and play a role of "narrator" of the story.

Guest 3847602

Right now I'm leaning towards female V as the first protagonist, despite the voice acting being hit and miss (but mostly "hit"). In general, I'm not a big fan of fast-paced shooters (even though I know demo could be deceiving in this regard) so it's helpful if my character is someone atypical for the genre. Female will do.
As for backstory: Johnny Silverhand/Ran away from home/Something to prove looks most interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom