While we wait....

+
Like the aboves, I would say Shadowrun Serie. Hong Kong being my favorite, but I think all 3 were really good. (Still wishing for moar!)

There is also Dex.

Shadowrun: Dragonfall and Hong Kong.

I’m not entirely sure if I’d call it an RPG (more Like ”immersive sim”), but Deus Ex (the original) is good.
HR was also passable fun, but MD was a dud.

Last edited:
Deus Ex human revolution, the music in that game was immaculate. I'm really loving the CP2077 music so far but I dont think they will ever beat HR's soundtrack.

Shadowrun Dragonfall, then Hong Kong (because Hong Kong lacks any kind of challenges during combats).
The other good part about Shadowrun Hong Kong being the UCG "The Caldecott Caper" and "CalFree in Chains" which are just as good.

@Swedrami There's Synergia coming too (releasing very soon), it's a cyberpunk themed Visual Novel.

The Last Night is certainly my most wanted game of 2020.
Thanks for sharing the names, there are some games I didn't know existed.

Shadowrun Dragonfall, then Hong Kong (because Hong Kong lacks any kind of challenges during combats).
The other good part about Shadowrun Hong Kong being the UCG "The Caldecott Caper" and "CalFree in Chains" which are just as good.

Hong Kong > Dragonfall, because Hong Kong is the ONLY shadowrun game that allows you to install cyberweapons (claws etc). It is also the most finely tuned version of the game with lots of details. In Dragonfall you can direct Glory with her cyberclaws, but you cannot install those on your own character.

Hong Kong > Dragonfall, because Hong Kong is the ONLY shadowrun game that allows you to install cyberweapons (claws etc). It is also the most finely tuned version of the game with lots of details. In Dragonfall you can direct Glory with her cyberclaws, but you cannot install those on your own character.

Well, for gameplay Dragonfall is better for Shamans and Hong Kong is better for Street Samourai.

I’m not entirely sure if I’d call it an RPG (more Like ”immersive sim”), but Deus Ex (the original) is good.
HR was also passable fun, but MD was a dud.
And I'm not sure you're a prestigious game critic. Deus Ex 1 sure is an RPG in a most basic sense. And one of the most elegant solutions to match stats with action (alongside with System Shock 2).
DE:MD is not entierly worse than HR, there's more and better executed side quests and gameplay itself is vastly improved with new implants and progression system that finally rewards the player for being great not only in stealth but also in action, supporting different playstyles and replayability. It's only bad because it's unfinished, abruptly ends with only one boss fight.

And I'm not sure you're a prestigious game critic. Deus Ex 1 sure is an RPG in a most basic sense. And one of the most elegant solutions to match stats with action (alongside with System Shock 2).
DE:MD is not entierly worse than HR, there's more and better executed side quests and gameplay itself is vastly improved with new implants and progression system that finally rewards the player for being great not only in stealth but also in action, supporting different playstyles and replayability. It's only bad because it's unfinished, abruptly ends with only one boss fight.

I bought and installed Deus ex 1 last night. Uninstalled it pretty quickly, since there were several problems I wasn't happy dealing with at the moment. The dialog was too fast to follow and didnt persist. I could check the log what an NPC had just said to me, but that was a bother. I also had issues with jumping.. But main reason I gave up was the dialog. Oh and there were also issue that the game refused to actually shut down without booting my computer... I couldn't find any deux ex process actually running, but steam thought it was still running which caused a variety of issues. Possibly related to having to run it in win 98 compatibility mode.

So no, I dont think I can recommend that. Not worth the bother.

Top Bottom