Whirlwind Fast Attack tech is lulz

+
Whirlwind Fast Attack tech is lulz

Anyone is using whirlwind ? I got to a lv 30+ armored Arachas contract, raped her HP, drained it literally using whirlwind on Hard, so lulz. It's actually a fun to use technique. Too bad you only get it too far ahead.

I've messed around with it when I fought Eredin. He was able to block most of it, however. It destroys mobs and lost of monsters, though.

Fun strategy for contracts, freeze monsters with northern wind or stagger em in flames with flame thrower Igni, then go for whirldwind. Pure Massacre.

Combine it with Yrden is you really want to kick-ass. Whirl + Yrden intensity runes = pwn.

Ironically, Whirl is really great for single-target damage. And the skill that's supposed to be good against single-targets, Rend, just flat out sucks.

---------- Updated at 11:23 PM ----------

I've messed around with it when I fought Eredin. He was able to block most of it, however. It destroys mobs and lost of monsters, though.
Even against Eredin it rocks. Sure he blocks it some of the time, but only when he would block your normal attacks too. He doesn't staggar you when he blocks, so unlike regular boss enemies (Imlerith, Elementals) it's actually a pretty good option against him.

Whirlwind, Crippling Blows and Murderous Precision are a deadly combination (against most enemies anyway). Use Whirl only in short (stamina) bursts, building Adrenaline for more damage (30% of base sword value) and for 6% *per hit* instant kill chance.

After breaking contact you get up to another 750 damage onto the target (except for a few bleeding resistant types), even if you only did 1 point of damage in your attack(s).

Combine it with Yrden is you really want to kick-ass. Whirl + Yrden intensity runes = pwn.

Ironically, Whirl is really great for single-target damage. And the skill that's supposed to be good against single-targets, Rend, just flat out sucks.

---------- Updated at 11:23 PM ----------

Even against Eredin it rocks. Sure he blocks it some of the time, but only when he would block your normal attacks too. He doesn't staggar you when he blocks, so unlike regular boss enemies (Imlerith, Elementals) it's actually a pretty good option against him.

You are wrong about rend, if you get the hand of it it absolutely destroys humans, non humans and mobs. Its an attack that cannot be blocked, bypasses all defences and all the enemies armor and it also has a cone based aoe.

Whirlwind, Crippling Blows and Murderous Precision are a deadly combination (against most enemies anyway). Use Whirl only in short (stamina) bursts, building Adrenaline for more damage (30% of base sword value) and for 6% *per hit* instant kill chance.

After breaking contact you get up to another 750 damage onto the target (except for a few bleeding resistant types), even if you only did 1 point of damage in your attack(s).

Hell yeah, Whirlwind + Deadly Precision is a great combo.

Even if the enemy blocks Whirlwind, Deadly Precision is unblockable so if it ticks, bye bye!

You are wrong about rend, if you get the hand of it it absolutely destroys humans, non humans and mobs. Its an attack that cannot be blocked, bypasses all defences and all the enemies armor and it also has a cone based aoe.
I didn't know it had AoE. But FYI regular heavy attacks ignore enemy armor too.
My issue with it is it's hard to have enough time to charge it up. Usually the enemy interupts you. And when there is only one or two enemies left then I just Axxi them and attack them in the back for double damage (and usually get an execution kill.) So what do I need Rend for?

Last edited:
Fun strategy for contracts, freeze monsters with northern wind or stagger em in flames with flame thrower Igni, then go for whirldwind. Pure Massacre.

Northern Wind doesn't freeze enemies for me. Do I need to upgrade it? Does it work on all enemies?

I agree with you. And I had all those 2 skills. Rend only sucks because its range of effecctivness requires too much charging and at that point they probably gonna dodge it, which is aggrovating as f*ck. But if you manage to hit it (that is not easy since on DM enemies dodge it basically every time) is devastating

So you have to disable enemies to use whirlwind effectively? My experience was that bigger enemies mostly block it after the first few hits and small enemy groups walk away to fast since you move pretty slow while using it.

It's OP as fuck, I went full cheese mode on Imlerith, right before he goes into his second phase just use whirlwind on him, he gets stun locked and within 5 seconds he's dead.

Meh, even without the skill if you're level 25 or above you can faceroll your way through the game anyway.

permstun eredin was the most funny fight i had.
nb: managed to do it by constantly wirldwind him, sticking him to the borders constantly, until it magically give a spot or some kind of angle where's all my attacks where hitting instead of being blocked.

Last edited:
Top Bottom