White artifacts (dots) at night

+
I have my AA set to x2 in the game, but i have it on x4 (overide) to counter the aliasing in the cutscenes and cinematics.And im reinstalling my drivers as we speak

Grrrr... humm, there is something i am missing... I know the answer to that.... Just cant find it atm...

Hmmm My 3dmark vantage pro has installed Ageia physx software on my PC, could this be causing problems?(I dont actually have a physx card)Also I have integrated intel GMA 950, could this be somehow conflicting when playing the witcher?

I couldn't find much on the net about disabling the thing (+ i was tired last night).But my BIOS is up to date and the only option i could find relating to the graphics was choosing my primary graphics slot (PCI, PCI-E, Onboard).I set it to PCI-E.

Wow well I have to say I never even considered that the AA could have been the problem but it was.Turning off the AA or Enabling Super Sampling both solved the problem.Though Super Sampling will eat your FPS a lot though(nice quality boost though) , turning off the AA is a lot better.Many thanks for that :)

Yup, your right on that... but i knew that problem and the answer too it.... If i could, i would give ya an Oren (Karma point) for that !

Hi sorry for my poor english. I have problems with white pixels during the game.I disable antialiasing but there are always white pixel on the eyes of gerald and lots of trees. Is there something to do?I have nvidia 8800gt with latest drivers.Thanx :D

I read everything, it's not my powersupply, i tried all drivers, all settings, disable antialiasing, transparency antialiasing etc... but always white pixels on the eyes of geralt, i can't play the game with that, it's very boring. And the night with white pixel in trees... :(All is clean on my computer, i'm a power user so im disapointed. ^^No problems with others games but i want to play the witcher in perfect condition! :(

witcherbestever said:
I read everything, it's not my powersupply, i tried all drivers, all settings, disable antialiasing, transparency antialiasing etc... but always white pixels on the eyes of geralt, i can't play the game with that, it's very boring. And the night with white pixel in trees... :
as you can see I've merged your thread with some others that were about this type of problem, do try to read these 3 pages and try those things mentioned, if you did not alreadyalso, do post your PCWizard report as instructed by the link that i provided you

Hi thanx to help me licaon. It is not an hardware problem, but software i think. PCwizard cant help you.I use 8800gt with 175.19whql and no problems with others games.Here is a screenshot of the problem, you can see it only concern the eyes of geralt.

Top Bottom