White artifacts (dots) at night

+
witcherbestever said:
Hi thanx to help me licaon. It is not an hardware problem, but software i think. PCwizard cant help you.
what?PCWizard gives me the info about hardware/software that you have installeddid you try Enabling Super Sampling ? what settings do you use for the game ? did you set AA/AFsettings in nVidia control panel to "Application" ? what game Patch do you have?

Yes in my nvidia panel for the witcher i tried to put manuely aa and af. But always white pixel on his eyes.I play high details, and when aa is on => white pixel on trees and eyes aa disable => white pixel only in his eyesI tried all possiblity, i dont know what to do now. :'( I want to play this game...My patch is the 1.3!sorry for my english ;D

those are barely visible anyway, can't see why this is ruining your game, not that you see his eyes that oftenin nVidia control panel set AA and AF to Application Preference and set the Antialiasing Transparency to Supersampling -> OKstart Game disable AA and AF -> load your game -> look at the eyesrestart game -> in Game set AA and AF -> load your game -> look at the eyesyou did not say if you installed the June 2008 DirectX Runtime?

Yes directxjune2008 is installed! I tried to underclock my 8800gt, nothing too.This is just very boring when the night in the game, two lights on geralt... ;D and i want to take good screenshot but i cant :mad:

witcherbestever said:
This is just very boring when the night in the game, two lights on geralt... ;D and i want to take good screenshot but i cant :mad:
the only known fixes are disabling AA or setting up Supersampling

So it is a bug of the game or it is a bug of my computer?A friend with ati card said to me i must use "alternate pixel center" settings, but this option does not exist with nvidia :'(

possibly, or some of us never thought it was an issue at all. :DI've always seen the graphics in the witcher this way (with the odd white pixel in the eyes of not only Geralt, but many other npcs).I never considered it a problem at all ... but maybe i'm just not very demanding when it comes to graphics :peace:

Without antialiasing i have high details shadows.With antialiasing i must turn shadows to medium because no shadows in high shadows. ;DAnd in medium, shadows traverse objects! :eek:Why shadows appear only in medium? why lighting looks better on medium than high?What is depht of field?Why there is no differences beetween af 1 or 16?so many questions!Why high shadows only without aa?

Well i found the way to remove the white pixel! YEAH! It is a software problem with nvidia cards! I just use a tweak aa = supersampling 2*2; 2*1 and 1*2 dont remove the white pixel!Here you can see white pixel remove from his eyes! YEAH! But now new problems, blur and no shadows in high details!light high shadow high
light medium shadow medium
I need to find the way why medium light looks better and why no shadows in high shadows but im happy i removed the white pixel!

Après de nombreux tests réalisés et vu le nombre de posts sur google concernant les utilisateur de cartes nvidia et les fameux pixels blancs, un petit patch pour fixer cet affreux bug sur les yeux de geralt serait le bienvenue de la part des devs. L'adaptive aa des cartes ati ne pose aucun soucis avec the witcher mais la gestion de l'aa de nvidia est différente donc un patch reste nécessaire.Ca ne ruine en rien la qualité du jeu mais acheter une carte 300 euros et avoir un bug aussi pénible non merci, surtout dans un univers où l'immersion est importante.L'aa supersampling en 1*2, 2*1 ou 2*2 règle ce problème, mais fait complétement chuter les fps et le jeu devient flou et les ombres n'apparaissent plus.Ici nous voyons clairement le problème dans l'obscurité.

Ehm you have no problem at all really.You have 3 "white" dots on your screen. 2 of them are Geralt's eyes, 1 is the OTS mode cursor :p

With ati cards no white dot, whit nvidia cards white dot.And search on google there are lots of threads about eyes/trees/thewitcher/whitedot.And in trees when aa is on, christmas trees. Yeah its a problem because he looks an hardware issue but it is a game issue.I think it is very easy for devs to fix that.

Well can you post a screenshot where YOU get white dots elsewhere? Because there is no problem on this screenshot.

The only "white dot" on those is your OTS cursor.And I merged the threads. Please do not start a new thread for an existing one.

Yeah i know and i said to you it is easy to fix this problem with a patch.Can you understand this thing does not appear with ati cards?

Top Bottom