White Flash at the bottom of my screen (Witcher 3)

+
So I just started playing Witcher 3 again because of the new next gen update. every time I look around there's a white flash that happens at the bottom of my screen, it's not my monitor and I've tried windowed mode/ borderless windowed and full screen and nothing seems to stop it from happening. I never had this issue before so was just wondering if anyone else had the same glitch and knew how to get rid of it! :)

{Update: I fixed the white flashing at the bottom. All you have to do is, if you're on dx 12, close the game, switch to dx11, launch the game, wait for it to load up, close the game and go back to dx12 and load the Witcher 3 back up, if it doesn't fix itself on the first attempt just keep repeating it til it does. Mine took a good 2-3 times of switching back and forth before it was fixed and now no matter what I play on the white flash at the bottom is completely gone. If you're having the issue on dx11, just do the same process.}

Attachments

• 2022-12-14 (3).png
    2022-12-14 (3).png
    5.6 MB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Were you using mods before ? If yes, not all of them will work with the updated version:

Were you using mods before ? If yes, not all of them will work with the updated version:
I was, I disabled all the old mods and installed a few that are update compatible but I had the white flash even with no mods :/

After getting rid of the incompatible mod content entirely + verify/repair (https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...l/issue/2324/verify-integrity-of-game-files-2) , did you try a fresh start to see if the issue still exists?

Unfortunately, mods can be very persistent which makes it a bit difficult to rule them out.

Updating GPU drivers is also not a bad idea, in case you haven't done that yet. It's best to do it as described in Nr. 1 here:

CDPR support can be reached here for example:

After getting rid of the incompatible mod content entirely + verify/repair (https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...l/issue/2324/verify-integrity-of-game-files-2) , did you try a fresh start to see if the issue still exists?

Unfortunately, mods can be very persistent which makes it a bit difficult to rule them out.

Updating GPU drivers is also not a bad idea, in case you haven't done that yet. It's best to do it as described in Nr. 1 here:

CDPR support can be reached here for example:
I've already verified and repaired the files and tried with no mods, unfortunately the white flash is still there, my driver is up to date and what do you mean by fresh start? Like just completely starting the game over?

Yep completely starting over to see if the issue still exists.

If nothing helps it's best to send a ticket to support as mentioned before.

Yep completely starting over to see if the issue still exists.

If nothing helps it's best to send a ticket to support as mentioned before.
Alrighty, I'll try disabling all the mods again and see if that does anything, I'm about half way through in new game plus on death march difficulty lol. If disabling the mods again doesn't do anything then I'll try restarting.
Post automatically merged:

Alrighty, I'll try disabling all the mods again and see if that does anything, I'm about half way through in new game plus on death march difficulty lol. If disabling the mods again doesn't do anything then I'll try restarting.
Yeah, didn't do anything, I'll probably finish new game plus on death march real quick and then restart and see if that does anything.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that.

It definitely would be a good idea to send a ticket to CDPR support just in case:

Sorry to hear that.

It definitely would be a good idea to send a ticket to CDPR support just in case:
Alrighty will do, thank you!

Sorry to hear that.

Even starting a new game does nothing :/ I have noticed it's lessened overtime though, it's not as bad as it was but it's still there. Time to open a support ticket! Thank you for your help :)

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that.

Wait, I did figure it out, it's an issue with Directx 12, it doesn't happen on dx11.

I have the same issue. Seems to be related to DLSS Balanced and lower, it does not occur with DLSS Quality.
BTW, since it looked like a GPU artifact at first, I have tried underclocking both the GPU and VRAM and it did not help, so yeah, a purely s/w bug.

I have the same issue. Seems to be related to DLSS Balanced and lower, it does not occur with DLSS Quality.
BTW, since it looked like a GPU artifact at first, I have tried underclocking both the GPU and VRAM and it did not help, so yeah, a purely s/w bug.
It's just a glitch between dx11 and 12, I fixed mine by simply switching to dx11, launching the game, closing the game, and then going back to dx12. I have my dlss on and the white flash is permanently gone. If it doesn't go away after the first time switching back and forth, just keep repeating the process, I had to do it like 3 times before it fixed it and now my dx 12 and 11 both have no issues.

turn off blur settings
It's just a glitch between dx11 and 12, I fixed mine by simply switching to dx11, launching the game, closing the game, and then going back to dx12. I have my dlss on and the white flash is permanently gone. If it doesn't go away after the first time switching back and forth, just keep repeating the process, I had to do it like 3 times before it fixed it and now my dx 12 and 11 both have no issues. The blur settings have no effect it's all just a dx12 bug.

Great, that's good to know. Seems like the DX11 version is a bit PC friendlier :)
Update: I fixed the white flashing at the bottom. All you have to do is, if you're on dx 12, close the game, switch to dx11, launch the game, wait for it to load up, close the game and go back to dx12 and load the Witcher 3 back up, if it doesn't fix itself on the first attempt just keep repeating it til it does. Mine took a good 2-3 times of switching back and forth before it was fixed and now no matter what I play on the white flash at the bottom is completely gone.

Top Bottom