White Hair Petition

+

White Hair Petition

• True (White)

Votes: 83 76.9%
  • False (Grey)

Votes: 25 23.1%

• Total voters
In the screenshoots his hair is white. I will not call it "grey", as it happens thaT brown dragons are called "green dragons"

I think you're taking figurative elements to literal.

It's a fair bit lighter than it is in Witcher 2. I think it looks white enough, myself. If you don't like it, I'm sure there will be mods to change it not long after release.

Geralt has white hair now, Vesemir has gray hair, and they are noticeably darker than Geralt's. He also has almost white beard. But his eyebrows should be gray, not black.

Last edited:
Geralt's hair in game, and Ciri's as well, IS "white". I don't think it will be changed between now and launch, but as people mentioned, there will likely be someone out there who'll mod it to be whiter sooner or later.

Keep in mind the time period that the game takes place in. It is quite rare for a person to grow old. Between disease, starvation, war, monsters, nasty neighbors, bandits, etc it was pretty common to die before your hair had a chance to change color. So people seeing Geralt or Ciri with white hair would appear to be very strange to the average person. Even if it had a few blonde hairs or grey hairs amongst the white, they would likely describe it as white hair as it was so uncommon.
"Did you see that Witcher walk past?"
"A Witcher? Not sure, what did he look like?"
"Tough looking. Big scar on one eye. Long hair."
"What color hair?"
"Well.. sort of an off-bone color with gunmetal highlights. Possibly ivory with platinum strands woven in or even an ecru with a dusting of ash."
"Wha...?
"White"
"Oh. Yeah, he went thataway."

And, just like in the real world, not the world of the Witcher, it is REALLY rare to meet someone with true white hair that is considered young. Some blonde hair is very blonde, almost to white and albino people due to lack of pigment have very white hair. Otherwise, it is almost unheard of (cue fans now lining up with pictures or stories of people they knew with white hair).

Last edited:
"Did you see that Witcher walk past?"
"A Witcher? Not sure, what did he look like?"
"Tough looking. Big scar on one eye. Long hair."
"What color hair?"
"Well.. sort of an off-bone color with gunmetal highlights. Possibly ivory with platinum strands woven in or even an ecru with a dusting of ash."
"Wha...?
"White"
"Oh. Yeah, he went thataway."

LOL!!!

OMG! Thank so much for the laughs!

@TheEvilChris Apart from the considerations on the absence of old people in the Middle Ages, especially considering the world of The Witcher where several people live for hundreds of years, you do know that Geralt's hair is described by Sapkowski as completely lacking pigment, yes? Which means as white as it gets.

That said, personally I am satisfied with Geralt's hair as it has been shown in the latest builds. On the other hand the dark eyebrows on him and Ciri are ridiculous and silly and belong to a trend that needs to die, but I'll get over it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not have a problem with Geralt's hair, but why is Ciri's hair white ?
I've read the english translation, and I got the impression that her hair is ashen blond. Ashen blond is not white !
Is her hair white in the polish version ?

I do not have a problem with Geralt's hair, but why is Ciri's hair white ?
I've read the english translation, and I got the impression that her hair is ashen blond. Ashen blond is not white !
Is her hair white in the polish version ?

Her hair is ashen with white strains at the end of the books IIRC. Her hair becomes probably more and more white the older she gets.

Seems white enough to me, am I missing something? Compared to a very old person it may not be "as white" (even then) but compared to actual discoloration it looks absolutely great.

(Damn he looks badass on this one, can't wait to play the game!)

Geralt has always had darker eyebrows, in every single game. It's just something CDPR has done, for whatever reason, and that's that (Maybe they tested white eyebrows and it looked utterly ridiculous).

At first, I was like, 'Grey hair, blasphemy!' but i think i got used to it now. He looks dangerous and that's enough for me. White hair looks good on ss but in game it actually hurts the eyes.

I agree it is possible that Ciri has got white hair during cuple years after books, but we've seen the screenshot from her childhood in Kaer Morhen, and she has white hair on that screen too. But if she has white hair, why people refer to her as ashen-blonde? Why she simply hasn't hair colour from this art?

ashen-blonde is the english translation from original Polish. In Spanish translation she is describe like a blanco cenizo or a white ash...

Don't know. I' cannot read Polish.

On the other hand the dark eyebrows on him and Ciri are ridiculous and silly and belong to a trend that needs to die, but I'll get over it.

Bu.. but dark beard&brows looks cool along with blonde/white hair :D

Seriously ıt should be hard to pull of white beard/brows without looking too weird in game's render/or in RL, especially brows.

Top Bottom