White Hair Petition

+

White Hair Petition

• True (White)

Votes: 83 76.9%
  • False (Grey)

Votes: 25 23.1%

• Total voters
Yes, I guess you missed "something". That's clearly not white but grey color.

Really? It (again) looks like a matter of lighting. The left side of his head of hair is whiter than the white paper I'm holding against my screen. If I switch on my desk light, the white paper becomes as white as the hair. The right side of his hair is in the shadows and, as a result, appears grey.

ashen-blonde is the english translation from original Polish. In Spanish translation she is describe like a blanco cenizo or a white ash...

Don't know. I' cannot read Polish.

In the books it was "mysi" or "mysiopopielaty" colour, and that means grey, maybe grayish blonde. At the end of the story Geralt noticed white stripes in Ciri's hair, through the time they could become completely white. I would prefer gray, but this is understandable. However ashen-haired, ashen-blonde are used in dialogs to describe her, and that is weird. And as a little girl she definitely should have gray hair.

Yes, I guess you missed "something". That's clearly not white but grey color.

That's not the whitest of whites but in the latest gameplay and screenshots it's clearly not "grey", more of a milky white/albino white with a bit of ash maybe, heh, like I said, white enough to me but I guess everyone has its opinion!

Geralt's hair in game, and Ciri's as well, IS "white". I don't think it will be changed between now and launch, but as people mentioned, there will likely be someone out there who'll mod it to be whiter sooner or later.

Keep in mind the time period that the game takes place in. It is quite rare for a person to grow old. Between disease, starvation, war, monsters, nasty neighbors, bandits, etc it was pretty common to die before your hair had a chance to change color. So people seeing Geralt or Ciri with white hair would appear to be very strange to the average person. Even if it had a few blonde hairs or grey hairs amongst the white, they would likely describe it as white hair as it was so uncommon.
"Did you see that Witcher walk past?"
"A Witcher? Not sure, what did he look like?"
"Tough looking. Big scar on one eye. Long hair."
"What color hair?"
"Well.. sort of an off-bone color with gunmetal highlights. Possibly ivory with platinum strands woven in or even an ecru with a dusting of ash."
"Wha...?
"White"
"Oh. Yeah, he went thataway."

And, just like in the real world, not the world of the Witcher, it is REALLY rare to meet someone with true white hair that is considered young. Some blonde hair is very blonde, almost to white and albino people due to lack of pigment have very white hair. Otherwise, it is almost unheard of (cue fans now lining up with pictures or stories of people they knew with white hair).

Pretty sure that's the point of being a mutant in a fantasy world= not following the rules of real world's normal people. Also, Ciri's hair are supposed to be ashen, not white :comeatmebro:

Pretty sure that's the point of being a mutant in a fantasy world= not following the rules of real world's normal people. Also, Ciri's hair are supposed to be ashen, not white :comeatmebro:

Just 5 posts ago...

In the books it was "mysi" or "mysiopopielaty" colour, and that means grey, maybe grayish blonde. At the end of the story Geralt noticed white stripes in Ciri's hair, through the time they could become completely white. I would prefer gray, but this is understandable. However ashen-haired, ashen-blonde are used in dialogs to describe her, and that is weird. And as a little girl she definitely should have gray hair.

Geralt's hair does look very different in various videos and screenshots, but I think that's mostly due to lighting.

Without knowing how the game will look in your own screen?...
You know it's not a rocket science to realise that it's not a white color but the grey one. And yes, from all the screens and gameplay videos im pretty sure I'll be looking for White Wolf mod - the opposite of Grey Wolf from W3..

Well for me it looks like white hair. My husband had white, I mean WHITE hair (he were 35-40 old and only little part of his nape was a shadow of silver grey) and I don't feel Geralt's hair be grey at all.

Well for me it looks like white hair. My husband had white, I mean WHITE hair (he were 35-40 old and only little part of his nape was a shadow of silver grey) and I don't feel Geralt's hair be grey at all.

Do cats live that long?

depending on the lighting (dark places, cloudy weather) his hair looks like grainy cement ...with good weather conditions it looks white and normal : P ... also using the detail level on max made the hair looks worse. (using hair works on)

Last edited:
Top Bottom