Who are you gonna roleplay as in Cyberpunk?

+
I'm thinking of three different characters, that I'm thinking I'll play in the following order;

Fem-V streetkid Solo, someone with a chip on their shoulder and something - anything really - to prove. But probably also a heart of gold. Kitsch trying to get Neokitsch.

Smooth ex-Corpo techie, trying to regain it all. And doesn't care who (s)he has to step on to get there. Neo-Militarist style.

Male-V nomad Cosmic Console Cowboy. 420-blaze-it, give-peace-a-chance and information-wants-to-be-free. Any and all cowboy wear that can be found. Non-violent Netrunner at the intersection of hippies, pot-smoking country singers and old-school cyber-revolutionaries.

Going to be a girl probably. I'm a guy, so why do I want to play as a guy? Also, I'd rather look at a hot woman while I play.

Guest 4211861

JC Denton (millennials are like "who?")
JCDenton.JPG

Nefla

Forum regular
I like to make up my own characters with their own motivations, backstory, personality, etc...and roleplay according to that but so far we've been shown very little of how much control we'll have over dialogue and such so who knows?

A stereotype.

What I refer to as a "Street Rat". A city kid who grew up poor and basically homeless (think the child petty criminals Fagin had in "Oliver Twist") who's #1 loyalty is to themself. With "adoptive family", i.e. the individuals they consider important to them, a close second. Most other people are irrelevant or potential marks. Certainly willing to kill for personal benefit (or self defense), but not a cold-blooded killer. So she may well shoot someone without blinking, but won't kill the wounded unless there's (what she considers) a compelling reason to do so.

A stereotype.

What I refer to as a "Street Rat". A city kid who grew up poor and basically homeless (think the child petty criminals Fagin had in "Oliver Twist") who's #1 loyalty is to themself. With "adoptive family", i.e. the individuals they consider important to them, a close second. Most other people are irrelevant or potential marks. Certainly willing to kill for personal benefit (or self defense), but not a cold-blooded killer. So she may well shoot someone without blinking, but won't kill the wounded unless there's (what she considers) a compelling reason to do so.

Very much similar to mine, someone that started out as a broken child but through sheer will has rebuilt themselves into a formidable, brilliant and ruthless being. However if i find a character/love interest in the game that i take a liking to, then i can see them finding a reason to be a better person.

In my first play thru it will be Vanessa Voltage a Nomad. Nomad it calls to me , maybe it`s the Mad Max / American Indian thing :shrug: She will be a Solo who`s heroes are Morgan Blackhand and the most famous female Solo Rouge . Like Morgan she will have her own moral agenda . Vanessa will be loyal to the " Family" only , everyone else will be a case by case choice . I am interested in CDPR`s reason for a Nomad to be in NC and will work off that .

PS If i can still have it pink hair .

Name: Varus Duskblade
Alias: V
Class: Sneaky solo/ Cyberninja
Skills: Melee, Sniper Rifles
Background: Corpo
Motivation: The major league, becoming a fully decked cyberninja
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Background:

Former security unit for a smaller corporation outside of Night City. Having seen first hand how ruthless one must be to climb the corporate ladder he had gotten his hands dirty more than once. Since corpos often have rivals that are just as adamant on getting to the top of the food chain he had felt how his skills could be put to a better use. Since no one just leaves he had to deal with the goons of his former employee and makes his escape to the Night City working as a mercenary he might not have the street smarts nor a family but he knows about dealings of the corps that often run the things both on and off the screen and he can use that knowledge for his own advantage to have a shot at the big life.

Disadvantages: Impulsive narcissism, obsessive, greedy, lack of empathy

Possibilities are endless. As a guy, I feel it's more fun playing as a female character. Not sure yet of what he bio could be. Maybe she is more of a Jessica Jones style character in her late 20's or early 30's. Mildly attractive at 5'8; 36D-26-39. Give her a decent military background and we have a suitable female for the lore of Night City. Since her days in the military; she has taken up on private investigations. Her computer skills and military training make her an ace in the deck; among law enforcement. Give her a Time Drake(Robin) approach. Roslyn-V can shoot and fight; but doesn't do that unless she has to. She uses her skills to minimize confrontation; which leaves very little evidence for law enforcement to use.

Going to be a girl probably. I'm a guy, so why do I want to play as a guy? Also, I'd rather look at a hot woman while I play.
I feel you.
My RPG characters are always girls for the same exact reasons as yours.
And now being able to deeply customize even the character body...

Beside that I haven't yet decided anything else related to the character background.

Prefer to play as a male personally as it helps incorporate myself into the game world. But to each their own. Definitely going to do a female play through too just to see how different quests/stories pan out because of the difference

Every playthrough I do my character will be fast. I love running full speed in fp games. Running in Dishonored is glorious. Whatever leg upgrades we can use to go stupid fast I'm gonna use every time.

Not sure who I'll play as first though, lethal netrunner or solo. I love gunplay but I'm really liking this whole hacking concept.

As for gender... Really not sure. I prefer to play as a man because when I play as a woman I usually end up feeling "cross sleeved" so to speak. However, there are a lot of female protagonists that outshine the male ones by a huge margin these days. Kassandra from Odyssey was one of them. I'm thinking female V will be the same.

We haven't heard that much of male V yet. Unlike the hour of female V we heard. I hope we hear more of his voice soon and it's good enough that I'll be comfortable just sticking with the male for my first playthrough. I can still guarantee my second is gonna be the female though. Her voice acting is top tier.

We haven't heard that much of male V yet. Unlike the hour of female V we heard. I hope we hear more of his voice soon and it's good enough that I'll be comfortable just sticking with the male for my first playthrough. I can still guarantee my second is gonna be the female though. Her voice acting is top tier.
2nd teaser is male, his voice works great for the character portrayed.
Not sure it'd work if he had another skin tone tho, joys of voice acting.

Not sure it'd work if he had another skin tone tho

He does sound like a white guy doesn't he XD. Personally, I prefer my male characters to have deeper voices. Like Geralt or Arthur. I have a hard time imagining this guys voice on a super burly dude. Let alone a super burly asian or black dude. But I'm not shitting on his acting. He seemed pretty good from what we've seen so far. I'm just thinking female V might be better.

Top Bottom