Who are you gonna roleplay as in Cyberpunk?

+
Hard to roleplay something far out since I can’t choose my age and even personality is dictated (due to voiceacting and lack of social skills and stats and most of the lifepath choices).

So I’m going to play an opportunistic and calculative (if V is allowed to express those kinds of traits) netrunning techie with a corpo background in the first run.

Adam Jensen. Should't be too hard. All i need are those slick black leathery augments and a brooding air around and it's half done already. - the sneaky solo

T-800. This one's easy. Flattop cut, leather jacket, dark shade sunglases, Hasta la vista, baby! - THE solo
Jc denton ftw 👍🏻
Post automatically merged:

I'm gonna roleplay as myself, which means that I am going to make the same decisions in the game as I normally would in real life. I'm also gonna try to make my character look as much as myself as possible.
V is an avatar so this is definetly the right and most immersive way to play the game

I'm gonna roleplay as myself, which means that I am going to make the same decisions in the game as I normally would in real life. I'm also gonna try to make my character look as much as myself as possible.

I can't do that, because in reality, I am even too afraid of going to the dentist, so somebody called a "ripperdoc" won't touch me, ever.

If I was going to try something 'cross genre' as you suggest, probably John Wick.

Johnny Silverhand is going to be pretty confused.

It`s a bit to early to tell , i like to role play as not me and i love default Female V . Maybe a badass killer Solo like Selene from Underworld

That's pretty cool!

I'm planning on playing an original character (OC plz don't steal) but the closest would probably be Major Kusanagi since she was the inspiration for my original Cyberpunk character and the one I'm basing my main V off of.

Hard to roleplay something if you have a defined character that acts on presets dictated by dialogue choice limitation, restricted age and fixed pesonality.

You won't have the opportunity to create your character from the ground up like it was said. You are V you can name it you can make difference choice you can customize your appearence or gender and lifepack.

But it will be just like another Shepard or Geralt 2.0

Hard to roleplay something if you have a defined character that acts on presets dictated by dialogue choice limitation, restricted age and fixed pesonality.

You won't have the opportunity to create your character from the ground up like it was said. You are V you can name it you can make difference choice you can customize your appearence or gender and lifepack.

You forget "head canon" or how you approach things in the game. Your actions. Who you attack, spare, support, hinder, etc. Yes, you are defined in the end, but there is leeway in many areas.

That's how I see it, at least.

It`s a bit to early to tell , i like to role play as not me and i love default Female V . Maybe a badass killer Solo like Selene from Underworld

500 × 750
With ?default? you probably mean the showcase v model from the first gameplay.You can still create this looks i think but they reworked the character creation and you choose just a body type in the beginning not a gender and after that you choose the head i guess

What's wrong with Shepard? You could still give him/her a personality to a certain extent

I'm going to play me.
me2.jpg

... A better me.

Last edited:
I'm going to play me.

Maybe Cyberpunk will actually be the first game I can roleplay as myself. My V will buy the best VR-PC there is and play video games the whole time. Then his mind stops differentiating between reality and fiction, he'll start talking to himself (he will think he's talking to some old rockstar he likes) and try to burn a city.

Maybe a Sam Fisher type character, I'll be a good guy. Playing Skyrim, I tried to play evil or Bad Ass just didn't feel right. I don't know enough about the different "roles" you play to make a decision yet, net runner or techie sound fun, maybe just a mix of both.

Also "Maybe a badass killer Solo like Selene from Underworld " if I could find her in this world I would play as her sex slave :cool:

Well, we don't know to what degree we'll be able to roleplay our own characters, but assuming I can have a decent amount of freedom, my character will be based around the following concepts/ideas:

• Cowardly and gore-shy -- avoids killing and combat whenever possible. Will make life harder for himself if it means avoiding bloodshed. Not for moral reasons.
  • Talented engineer and hacker, with an emphasis on engineering provided that playstyle ends up being a primary option and not purely supplementary.
  • Male. Beard.
  • Heterosexual. Monogamy.
  • Almost exclusively uses pistols, and only as a last resort. My gun skills will be terrible, and I hope that is reflected in the way guns handle (I want to be a poor shot).
  • Low cool; not good at staying calm under pressure.
  • Not greedy, despite the above. Interested in helping people when possible, provided it doesn't put himself in direct harm's way.
  • Drives a beater of a car. Nothing fancy. Something like this:
  • 1566873815853.png
  • High intelligence stat.
That's the idea, anyway. I don't expect to have any of this reflected in the game.

Well, we don't know to what degree we'll be able to roleplay our own characters, but assuming I can have a decent amount of freedom, my character will be based around the following concepts/ideas:

• Cowardly and gore-shy -- avoids killing and combat whenever possible. Will make life harder for himself if it means avoiding bloodshed. Not for moral reasons.
  • Talented engineer and hacker, with an emphasis on engineering provided that playstyle ends up being a primary option and not purely supplementary.
  • Male. Beard.
  • Heterosexual. Monogamy.
  • Almost exclusively uses pistols, and only as a last resort. My gun skills will be terrible, and I hope that is reflected in the way guns handle (I want to be a poor shot).
  • Low cool; not good at staying calm under pressure.
  • Not greedy, despite the above. Interested in helping people when possible, provided it doesn't put himself in direct harm's way.
  • Drives a beater of a car. Nothing fancy. Something like this:
  • View attachment 11013458
  • High intelligence stat.
That's the idea, anyway. I don't expect to have any of this reflected in the game.

Even if it`s only in your head you can do / play anything you want but .....

Keep two hands on your lunch money Snowflakez or some big gang guy will take it away :p

Hiko Seijūrō XIII :)

I really want to know more about Melee combat and I think this could be quite an interesting role play. Really interested with the implants, items, and abilities what can be possible for a melee solo build. Also this would limit the other class abilities which I am eager to play with so I might need 2 playthroughs :D

A Selfish Coward, avoid conflict where possible attack only when the targets are unaware of me, base my choices on what danger it has to me and only me (who cares about anyone else's lives) and how much money/loot I get and how fast, if its a lot I'll backstab without a second thought.

I plan on role playing myself, ex military, skilled in many weapons including bladed and long distance, modern and traditional. If we are able to change the look of our character he will look like a Native American which I am half and not go for the shaved head look, instead have long black hair. Leather and boots, gloves and dark glasses, cowboy and indian all in one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom