Who are you gonna roleplay as in Cyberpunk?

+
It's an RPG, so I think, the more options, the better. In a transhumanist fiction (which Cyberpunk is), it's only plausible that a category like gender is more of a "modular construction" and not just a binary choice.
Before, you had just green or red, now you have whole fluid scale. Nothing stops you from picking green or red anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an RPG, so I think, the more options, the better. In a transhumanist fiction (which Cyberpunk is), it's only plausible that a category like gender is more of a "modular construction" and not just a binary choice.
Before, you had just green or red, now you have whole fluid scale. Nothing stops you from picking green or red anyway.
Well. Before was Green and Red. Now is the full spectrum, without specificaly Green or Red. I'd really like if NPC would refer to my character as either male or female. Because, with this slight change it seems that this is out of the window. You can create whatever the hell you like, but the world wouldn't notice. No more "Mr and Mrs V" with choice and consequences attached but just Ms V, all the same. But different. [...]

But, I think that the"gender news" discussion is not one allowed on the forum ;)
Edited. -Drac

Last edited:
Maybe we could get back to topic? If you forgot: It's about roleplaying another fictional character, like Super Mario: You use mushroom-based drugs and kill people by jumping on them. I expect this to be fully possible.

If possible I will sport the minimum possible of augments ( 0 would be awesome) and rely on preparation, don some heavy armor for a more aggressive approach, go silent assassin for a more stealth mission and so on.

After seeing more options for the game, I know exactly what I'm going to play as.
For background, corporate. I'll go more of a hacking (called a netrunner, right?) route as well. I'll also try my best to be more of a double crosser (that be cool if possible). Basically seeming like I'm helping different gangs and all but in the end I side back with corporates.

The descriptions for the 3 classes are so good they all seem compelling, but if I'm true to my personality, Nomad will be my choice. Like a country boy coming to the city for the first time.

[...]
The descriptions for the 3 classes are so good they all seem compelling, but if I'm true to my personality, Nomad will be my choice. Like a country boy coming to the city for the first time.

I advise you to play all 3 roles and some more out of the box ViajajajaJAAAA ja. (That 'V' was a rodeo girl trying to do a Persian celebration yell)

Edited. -Drac

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it's a roleplaying game. To me that means not playing myself.

I was dissappointed in ME: Andromeda where they had a clean slate and could have made it so the Arc you came from was a different race arc like Asari or Krogan. It wasn't about humans anymore like the old trilogy.

Here in CP77 I plan to play and replay it countless of times as female, male and if possible even as the Mix-it-up chickdick. If its possible to go beyond humans like the silvered fashion npc we have seen in videos, I would like to play that too. I come from the old pen and paper rpgs so for me it more fun playing wacky things.

I want to roleplay as some characters from William Gibson's Neuromancer as it is probably the most cyberpunk thing ever.

I will create Molly in the first playthrough, high cool stars, focused on pistols and SMGs, hopefully with her iconic lenses implanted over her eyes and the razor blade cyberware inside her fingers, Nomad lifepath is also very fitting with her past in the book. Of course I will kill a lot of guys with this one.

For the second playthrough, Case, Netrunner, almost cyberware-free, mostly non violent, gets upset under pressure, yunkie, street kid lifepath (again, I love how well it fits Case's past in the book) It would also be awesome to have shurikens in the game so I could represent Case's obsession with those.

JC Denton

So a Pacifist Corporate Netrunner.

After the Q&A, I'll be a net-running ninja. That nanowire looks like a ton of fun. And as for style, I want to look as unassuming as possible. When you see an ordinary-looking person keeping their cool while surrounded a whole bunch of dudes that are jacked-up, jacked-out, and since it's cyberpunk, jacked-in- you know they are the one to watch.

Manners maketh man.

At this point, a "corpo (net) ninja" with both some techie and solo elements (remember, seamless class system!) seems like a thrilling experience for me.

I realize the core game will generally put us in the shoes of an 'aspiring mercenary' - so obviously, the game will be defined to fit that narrative. What does it mean? In a nutshell, you will not play a rich person. Maybe you can become rich in the material sense or powerful in the way of who you know, but you won't live a "high life" like the elite of the city, is what I mean, with a big HQ, an army of goons and so on. At the same time you won't play an average person of NC going about their daily lives, nor a bum.

But aspiring merc or not, I'll try to go as close to corpos and certain other factions as possible and fill out a niche, roughly like Meredith. A field agent or supporter of sorts. For me, I always like to weave in some immersion. Others just want to play a game and have a good run, but I always liked to weave in a bit of personal lore or immerse myself in games I play, and I'll do the same here.

For those who consider this odd or alien-ish, think about it like this way: Have you ever seen a really good movie? That made you sink into your seats, figuratively? That really grabbed and interested you? Almost drew you into the world, plot, narrative, story, setting?

Yeah, it's like that playing such games. I think: If you really think about it, (almost) everyone likes a bit of immersion. Some more, some less.

Frankly, if I can end up on the good or trusted side of major factions later on as ex-corpo or then practically 'active corpo' (whether there is a membership card or not, perhaps irrelevant), have good ties to people and access to certain places others can't get into and amassed a certain social and material wealth and skillsets while enjoying the city, I'll be happy.

My female V will be a mix of my 5 favorite characters of all time
1. Handsome Jack Borderlands 2. Someone that was betrayed by those closest to them including family and friends.
2. General Grievous. Star Wars. Someone with hatred but also is a coward at heart.
3. Emperor Palpatine
Star Wars. Built a empire just to see it get destroyed by those closest to you.
4. Negan The Walking Dead. Natural leader, Playboy, rules with an iron fist. Thought he could save others but couldn’t save himself
5. Doctor Octavius Marvel. Brilliant mind but became greedy with power

My female V will have these five woven into her

First name keanu last name veeves special ability bullet time and specialized in hacking alias v obviusly should choose another last name so he stays anonymous

I'm planning two character.

1. NetRunner Male V: Straight, looks exactly like Male V in videos, street kid, only focused on NetRunner stuff, usually uses lethal ways and hates corps. Will prefer one night stand

2. NetRunner Female V: Bi, looks exactly like female V in videos but different hair, corpo, focused on NetRunner stuff again, feels herself closer to corps. Will prefer a steady relationship

Top Bottom