Who are you gonna roleplay as in Cyberpunk?

+
I'm going to role play as a nomad, techie, that specializes in stealth, katanas, sniper rifles and boosters to enhance my reflexes.

For the most part I've always enjoyed playing as a lone wolf street urchin type. .. but they've focused so much on that aspect of play in the trailers that I'm now wanting to play as a corporate type as to get away from what appears to be the stereotypical street samurai image. It's not a character type that I'm used to playing and honestly can't think of many inspirational archetypes... So at the moment my character inspiration is Bob Morton (Miguel Ferrer) from Robocop. A smarmy overbearing, overly competitive, drug using asshat.

In all reality I think it'll make the decision process pretty easy in the game. Always choose to side with corporate and be extra kiss assey to them...choose the jerk lines when dealing with anyone else no matter what the outcome may be.

Last edited:
My "V"? A couple of ideas cross my mind: First, Nomad background all the way. My vision is kind of a Cyberpunk version of "The Man with no name" of "spaghetti western" fame. Fast with the irons, a crack shot on a cyberbike. The other, a stealth killer patterned after "The Shadow" of pulp fame.

Corpo security guard that is on leave to return to night city after hearing his ex lover is in town. I know that life path has changed but do we sti choose a reason for being in/coming back to night city?

I guess if not I can just rp it that way anyways. But regardless I'll be playing him as corpo security so all his choices, skills and equipment will reflect that.

Corpo security guard that is on leave to return to night city after hearing his ex lover is in town. I know that life path has changed but do we sti choose a reason for being in/coming back to night city?

I guess if not I can just rp it that way anyways. But regardless I'll be playing him as corpo security so all his choices, skills and equipment will reflect that.

I would assume that eventually, V might say something with any corpo dialogue that heavily implies "former corpo", or the prolog makes it clear. Just assuming.

Of course if not or if it's vague, or just by RPing or claiming V says it as lie to not give away active corpo relations elsewhere, then anything goes :)

Anyway, if no remote play through will be possible where you can get involved with NCPD on the sidelines (good ties, do side missions, get rep or perks) a lot, then I will also pick a background akin to yours. It's the most preferred for me.

Co(r)p life, woop woop!

Me. Generally I like experiencing things as myself it helps me see all the details in the story and become the most immersive, I like exploring other worlds in the way I see fit, and I tend to stick to my own principles and relay them through my gameplay, this also leads to alot of mistakes which help me learn from Video Game worlds, as well as other things.

I'm gonna RP a hamfisted idiot who curb stomps his problems away, we'll see how far that gets me in Night City....rofl..:ROFLMAO:

Personally, i have a few ideas about the characters i would like to RP as.

1st is typical musclehead, so a strong solo build. Medicore int, but very storng physical abilities, just like they shown Fem V in the deep dive.

2nd is a cowboy guy. Agile,w ith pistols, chaotic neutral character, with emphasis on being the lone wolf.

3rd is a corpo high-end hitman. Agile solo build, sneaky intelligent assassin, always dressed in a fasionable suit.

4th is a screadycat tchie. Probably a tech genius female, but with really low cool. She panics at almost everything, is very shy around ppl, quiet.... then she gets her bot and wrecks havoc with it.

I havent really thought about anything for netrunner yet...but oh well, maybe something will pop to my mind ;)

I would go with corporate cyberninja like Arasaka has. dodging bullets and cutting the way thru the enemy troops with katana in the blink of an eye.
concept similar to Raiden from Metal Gear Rising.

Last edited:
I promised a friend of mine we could do Markus and North from "Detroit: Become Human", but idk. I might just wanna do my own thing and make a character from scratch.

I want to roleplay as some characters from William Gibson's Neuromancer as it is probably the most cyberpunk thing ever.

I will create Molly in the first playthrough, high cool stars, focused on pistols and SMGs, hopefully with her iconic lenses implanted over her eyes and the razor blade cyberware inside her fingers, Nomad lifepath is also very fitting with her past in the book. Of course I will kill a lot of guys with this one.

While I won't RP a specific pre-existing character, I have to admit that Molly Millions (the first, the original street samurai) is/will be a huge inspiration. In the books she not only walks the walk and talks the talk; she is also true mercenary, appearing in multiple Gibson's books working for different employers under different aliases. I shudder to think how much Molly has influenced popular culture and cyberpunk in general. From Motoko Kusanagi to Trinity to Lady Deathstrike etc. When CP2020 books speak of "razor girls", they are referring to her.

I want to think that my character will have similar "past that is dead and should to be buried", so that my V will exist solely as the mercenary she is post-cybernetization. No past, only future. Sacrifice everything for the chance at true strength. I'm reminded of Jennefer's transformation in the witcher netflix series. Molly in the books sold her body (with her consciousness switched off while at it) in order to get the money for the cyber implants. Real badasses are tragic characters.

For this, I think street kid is the best lifepath. Nomads have family ties, if not for their real family, then the nomads who they lived with.

1st Playthru: Fem V Streetkid Netrunner (Normal difficulty)
RP goal: To become a super wizard class netrunner and upload as an AI and exist in Ghost Town, HK

Boycott all in-game SAMURAI merchandise (regardless how good the stats are on items) and this will send a pointless message to CDPR for cutting the 2018 version of Chippin In from the game. At least it will help soothe my butt hurt.

2nd Playthru: Fem V Nomad Techie (Hard difficulty)
RP goal: Get the MD12 Spiderbot and RP a romantic relationship between V and bot. Become addicted to BrainDance, S-Keef and Buck o'slice pizza. Buy the BD(?) tape from Stefan.

3rd Playthru: Male V Corpo Strong Solo (Insane difficulty)
RP goal: Acquire Mirror shades. Sexy times with Meredith Stout.

Ciri

Solo/Nomad

Bisexual romance

It will take place after Witcher 3 in which Ciri became a Witcher. She then decides to visit some worlds in which she visited when running from the wild hunt. One of those places happens to be Night City.....

Top Bottom