Who are you gonna roleplay as in Cyberpunk?

+
Name: Varus Duskblade
Alias: V
Class: Sneaky solo/ Cyberninja
Skills: Melee, Sniper Rifles
Background: Corpo
Motivation: The major league, becoming a fully decked cyberninja
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Background:

Former security unit for a smaller corporation outside of Night City. Having seen first hand how ruthless one must be to climb the corporate ladder he had gotten his hands dirty more than once. Since corpos often have rivals that are just as adamant on getting to the top of the food chain he had felt how his skills could be put to a better use. Since no one just leaves he had to deal with the goons of his former employee and makes his escape to the Night City working as a mercenary he might not have the street smarts nor a family but he knows about dealings of the corps that often run the things both on and off the screen and he can use that knowledge for his own advantage to have a shot at the big life.

Disadvantages: Impulsive narcissism, obsessive, greedy, lack of empathy

(I copied this character format from Codecypher since it was really convenient to use and really well done, so Thank you! :))
Name: ?
Gender: Futanari (Female face, Female body that's athletic, skinny, toned, ottermode, and THICC in all the right places, yet undeniably feminine, Female voice, both male and female genitals with the secret roleplayed ability to enable or disable their own fertility of each individual organ/bodypart at will, and a special brain that's a really powerful mix between a very curated and carefully chosen mix of many features of male and female brains)
Class: sneaky hacker/samurai/matrix-reality hacker/cyberjedi/unstoppable robot/overpowered anime protagonist and antagonist combo/superhero, and much much more.
Skills: Melee, Sniper Rifles, pistols, and all kinds of other weapons. Sometimes to get the job done. Sometimes just for fun.
Background: A really interesting mix between Corpo and Nomad, with a good amount of Street smarts and Military Intelligence and Spying experience as well.
Mission: Save the world from itself. Save yourself from the world.
Sexuality: No preference as long as they fit into certain criteria of attractiveness to V, but mostly attracted to femininity 99% of the time.

I want to attempt to do a very interesting roleplay that is a possible combination of physical and/or psychological features and/or looks and/or abilities from these different characters:
neo from the matrix
morpheus (matrix)
jc denton (original deus ex)
jason bourne (and various other spies that are basically super heros)
goku/vegeta from dragon ball z (more of the original stuff, not so much the new stuff)
main character of equilibrium
batman (different things I liked from all the different batmans) (yea there were things I didn't like also from all batmans that I would avoid)
Iron man, like from Iron man 1 (it was the only one where he was basically unstoppable, and I am disappointed how much Iron man was nerfed in later movies)
venom (some from the new movie, some from some comics)
the spiderman from the comics that were the least level of "cringe" although I understand this is subjective.
deadpool (some from movies, some from comics)
wolverine (some moves, some comics, avoiding other ones where I didn't like how it was done)
The original Dio and Jojo from first half of season 1 +(the next protagonist jojo from the rest of season1 +jojo protagonist from season 2) from jojo's bizarre adventure even though I don't really like the direction the anime went, and even in the seasons I did like, there were many countless things that I did not like about the story, characters, and anime itself, but I still take some inspiration from the parts I did like.
quigon jinn
T800/T850 terminator as well as the T-X and the T1000
haruko from the anime FLCL (Not anything fanmade, just the normal plain anime)
Alucard from hellsing anime
schrodinger from hellsing anime
seras victoria from hellsing anime
motoko kusanagi from ghost in the shell anime
And various other characters from comics, video games, movies, and anime.

(Obviously many things will be left out, but I'm just saying I will probably take a lot of inspiration from many of these, even to the point where it just kind of blends into a mix that makes most of the influences almost unnoticeable, but some may be more pronounced than others. In the end, V to me will probably still be my own unique version of V)

Just keep in mind, this is all for fun of course. I believe that this will create a character that will give me the most deep and interesting and fun story and gamplay experience, for me. I just love that this seems to be possible, for everyone.

Last edited:
I usually role-play as myself, so to speak. I do things based on how I think I'd behave in RL.

Then, on the second playthrough, I play the version of myself that I think I would be in RL if I didn't have a conscience or didn't give a rat's arse what others think :)

If I play a third time I then role-play as I imagine I would be as a ruthless, cold-hearted bastard; a 'me' that was suddenly bereft of any morality whatsoever and as selfish as possible. I haven't done this very often though and it usually feels just too nasty so I don't complete the playthrough. Strange considering it's all make believe.
Post automatically merged:

(I copied this character format from Codecypher since it was really convenient to use and really well done, so Thank you! :))
Name: ?
Gender: Futanari (Female face, Female body that's athletic, skinny, toned, ottermode, and THICC in all the right places, yet undeniably feminine, Female voice, both male and female genitals with the secret roleplayed ability to enable or disable their own fertility of each individual organ/bodypart at will, and a special brain that's a really powerful mix between a very curated and carefully chosen mix of many features of male and female brains)
Class: sneaky hacker/samurai/matrix-reality hacker/cyberjedi/unstoppable robot/overpowered anime protagonist and antagonist combo/superhero, and much much more.
Skills: Melee, Sniper Rifles, pistols, and all kinds of other weapons. Sometimes to get the job done. Sometimes just for fun.
Background: A really interesting mix between Corpo and Nomad, with a good amount of Street smarts and Military Intelligence and Spying experience as well.
Mission: Save the world from itself. Save yourself from the world.
Sexuality: No preference as long as they fit into certain criteria of attractiveness to V, but mostly attracted to femininity 99% of the time.

I want to attempt to do a very interesting roleplay that is a possible combination of physical and/or psychological features and/or looks and/or abilities from these different characters:
neo from the matrix
morpheus (matrix)
jc denton (original deus ex)
jason bourne (and various other spies that are basically super heros)
goku/vegeta from dragon ball z (more of the original stuff, not so much the new stuff)
main character of equilibrium
batman (different things I liked from all the different batmans) (yea there were things I didn't like also from all batmans that I would avoid)
Iron man, like from Iron man 1 (it was the only one where he was basically unstoppable, and I am disappointed how much Iron man was nerfed in later movies)
venom (some from the new movie, some from some comics)
the spiderman from the comics that were the least level of "cringe" although I understand this is subjective.
deadpool (some from movies, some from comics)
wolverine (some moves, some comics, avoiding other ones where I didn't like how it was done)
The original Dio and Jojo from first half of season 1 +(the next protagonist jojo from the rest of season1 +jojo protagonist from season 2) from jojo's bizarre adventure even though I don't really like the direction the anime went, and even in the seasons I did like, there were many countless things that I did not like about the story, characters, and anime itself, but I still take some inspiration from the parts I did like.
quigon jinn
T800/T850 terminator as well as the T-X and the T1000
haruko from the anime FLCL (Not anything fanmade, just the normal plain anime)
Alucard from hellsing anime
schrodinger from hellsing anime
seras victoria from hellsing anime
motoko kusanagi from ghost in the shell anime
And various other characters from comics, video games, movies, and anime.

(Obviously many things will be left out, but I'm just saying I will probably take a lot of inspiration from many of these, even to the point where it just kind of blends into a mix that makes most of the influences almost unnoticeable, but some may be more pronounced than others. In the end, V to me will probably still be my own unique version of V)

Just keep in mind, this is all for fun of course. I believe that this will create a character that will give me the most deep and interesting and fun story and gamplay experience, for me. I just love that this seems to be possible, for everyone.

I think all that inspiration is gonna need more than one playthrough my friend ;)

Last edited:
I usually role-play as myself, so to speak. I do things based on how I think I'd behave in RL.

Then, on the second playthrough, I play the version of myself that I think I would be in RL if I didn't have a conscience or didn't give a rat's arse what others think :)

If I play a third time I then role-play as I imagine I would be as a ruthless, cold-hearted bastard; a 'me' that was suddenly bereft of any morality whatsoever and as selfish as possible. I haven't done this very often though and it usually feels just too nasty so I don't complete the playthrough. Strange considering it's all make believe.
Post automatically merged:

I think all that inspiration is gonna need more than one playthrough my friend ;)
:think:I'm 100% sure you are correct friend! ;)(y) (but actually, I'm thinking there may possibly be a way for me to do it all combined into one character, if I try hard enough, but of course I will STILL definitely be playing different playthroughs as well, even if I somehow fit all those ideas into one character, there will still be more ideas I want to try on a second and third and fourth playthrough if that all goes well) (This also doesn't count my heavily modded playthroughs once (please let this be real) modding support and a huge amount of community mods come out.)

Last edited:
^ Ah, speaking of (future) mods:

I'd go back to the "roots" in terms of expectations before a lot about the game was clear in terms of design, by playing some cop or corpo, if this will be made possible based on sufficient mod support for those ideas.

A combination of normal gameplay with classic V and the ability to partake in new missions and affiliations due to a "job" you can take or faction to join would be the best combination. We could also call that "heavily expanded side content" woven into the main quest and interactions, without ideally contradicting (joining Corp X in a mod while in the normal plot you attack them) but that can be handled in many cases by just doing it right or selling it right.

Anyway, I feel this "combination" or added content is better than a possible mod putting you in the shoes of an "NPC" or different character, like how in GTA cop mods you're no longer the main protagonist by and large but someone else, thus you get to play some security or police guy but are locked out of the rest.

Anyway, enough mod rambling, I look forward to closer faction ties in future DLCs and mods, ideally some corp or cops ... or maybe Trauma Team.

I have several OCs that I want to put through this game to see different outcomes:
Scion, corpo netrunner that wants to side with NetWatch to control the net.
Barbadock, nomad solo who has grandiose dreams of saving the city from itself.
Hojo, street kid hybrid class who's just trying to get by and survive (I'm planning on making this one my "hardmode" run with no killing and as little cyberware as possible).
One more that I haven't completely fleshed out yet.

But before those, I got the idea to try putting a different video game character in and RP as them to see just how much freedom I can get with RP-ing and choices.
Lycus Dion, crazy son of a thousand dingos from Spacelords. He loves fighting, drinking, smoking, heavy metal, getting "stimulation," and is actually an immortal ageless mercenary with cyber arms. So I think he fits perfectly in Night City.

Last edited:
I'd like to play a man of peace, who will still end up launching missiles and rail lasers or whatever if need be! A good man... on the edge! Or something!

Also if at all possible, I'd like to lean into the rocker lifestyle. And definitely study the teachings of Keanu/Silverhand. It looks like a crazy world, where only one thing makes sense... rockin' out. "What would Lemmy do"

Hadn't thought of that, but it's intriguing!

I hope they won't be doing DLC that way, it wouldn't be their style. But I'd really dig something like "Night City Stories", small DLCs where you roleplay in a given position (like Media) and it's a short story playing from a different perspective than Vs.

Night City stories that would be cool. Biggest story in my mind after reading the lore book would be the events leading up to the Neclear bomb going off in Night City. Was it the Arasaka, Johnny Silverhand and Co. or Militech? Of course Arasaka got blamed for the event but no one is completely sure I think the missions\events leading up to that point would be very exciting and interesting.

^ Ah, speaking of (future) mods:

I'd go back to the "roots" in terms of expectations before a lot about the game was clear in terms of design, by playing some cop or corpo, if this will be made possible based on sufficient mod support for those ideas.

A combination of normal gameplay with classic V and the ability to partake in new missions and affiliations due to a "job" you can take or faction to join would be the best combination. We could also call that "heavily expanded side content" woven into the main quest and interactions, without ideally contradicting (joining Corp X in a mod while in the normal plot you attack them) but that can be handled in many cases by just doing it right or selling it right.

Anyway, I feel this "combination" or added content is better than a possible mod putting you in the shoes of an "NPC" or different character, like how in GTA cop mods you're no longer the main protagonist by and large but someone else, thus you get to play some security or police guy but are locked out of the rest.

Anyway, enough mod rambling, I look forward to closer faction ties in future DLCs and mods, ideally some corp or cops ... or maybe Trauma Team.
Oh no no, I think you misunderstood me, I'm sorry. I mean like I intend to roleplay as a character INSPIRED by those other characters in a playthrough that is fully Not-modded in any way. I'm only saying that hopefully if/when mods are possible and start happening, that I will probably try even more, as in other different ideas I have not tried so far. Not talking about locking myself in or out of any roles.

Big comicbook guy. Always loved his look maybe I can achieve something similar in CP2077
deathstroke.jpg

Night City stories that would be cool. Biggest story in my mind after reading the lore book would be the events leading up to the Neclear bomb going off in Night City. Was it the Arasaka, Johnny Silverhand and Co. or Militech? Of course Arasaka got blamed for the event but no one is completely sure I think the missions\events leading up to that point would be very exciting and interesting.

Going by the new trailers, your hope may come true in the full game. It seems like V will have some kind of visions (maybe some form of braindance) where we play as Johnny (look especially in the feature about the band Refused acting as Samurai). I don't think they'd be recording video footage with Keanu Reeves just for some trailer...

I see a lot of people on that topic talking about making a character with high "social skills"... :think:

Aside of that, I will roleplay a futanari V which won't act as a mercenary and will buy her as a murder hobo because she can be cybered without side effect and so she won't get killed each time I talk to someone.
And that's not a joke.

Full-on/hard-on Renegade FemShep who dated Garrus, killed every other squadmember, sabotaged the genophage cure, sold Legion to Cerberus and chose to Control the Reapers. Best playthrough ever imo and a hard one to top, for me.

I want to roleplay as a noir detective, something close to Josh Hartnett in Black Dahlia.

Attachments

• 19b109aa6aecfa98ec8da7c821f64e2f.jpg
    19b109aa6aecfa98ec8da7c821f64e2f.jpg
    674.7 KB · Views: 49
Imagine Deathstroke, Combined with SLADE from Teen Titans
You are aware that these are the same person, yes?

since my last post was a long time ago, I'm going to reiterate. While my V will be unique character, theres a whole lot I'm drawing inspiration from. Listing sources here.

1. Molly Millions - neuromancer
Molly Millions.jpg
2. Revy Two-hands - Black Lagoon
Revy is a troubled, loud, rude, sarcastic, deadly, very competitive, short-tempered, cynical, confident, and considerably aggressive nihilist (a person who believes that life is meaningless and rejects all religious and moral principles) who exhibits a wild temperament. ((from the wiki))
Revy Two-hands - Black Lagoon.jpg
3. Reileen Kawahara - Altered Carbon
68dcc97081d975b7b56e0b36ed6eae57.jpg
4. Rose Wilson / the Ravager - DC comics
"Barely out of high school, I'd imagine, but patterning yourself after a murderer. Is that the life you want?" - Commissioner Gordon
ravager12.jpg
5. Inazuma - Usagi Yojimbo
"The samurai's tenet says: 'you cannot share the same sky as the killer of your lord'. One of you has to die." - Inazuma
inazuma12.jpg
6. Alita
Alita.jpg
7. Rosarita "Roberta" Cisneros - Black Lagoon
Rosarita 'Roberta' Tisneros 1.jpg
8. Rose Tattoo - Wildstorm Productions
Rose Tattoo - Wildstorm.jpg
9. MaxX - Android Netrunner
"**** you, mother******!" - MaxX ID card
MaxX - android Netrunner 1.jpg
10. T-X - T3
T-X 1.jpg