Who did you give Alvin to?

+
Jobbert said:
After playing the game multiple times I still don't know which choice I prefer.
Yeah, there are strong arguments to be made on both sides, which is part of the beauty of The Witcher, of course.

I always thought the best solution would be for Alvin to spend the day with Triss learning magic, while Shani's at work at the hospital, and the night with Shani being mothered, while Triss is at Leuvaarden's party. There's no such option, of course. But it's the one I want.

Usually Triss. The reason should be obvious. (yes, its because he needed her training and guidance in order to l earn to control and understand his power)

Corylea said:
Yeah, there are strong arguments to be made on both sides, which is part of the beauty of The Witcher, of course.

I always thought the best solution would be for Alvin to spend the day with Triss learning magic, while Shani's at work at the hospital, and the night with Shani being mothered, while Triss is at Leuvaarden's party. There's no such option, of course. But it's the one I want.

Unfortunately, the sane options are rarely in games.

Either you set the highly intelligent and potentially super-dangerous insect creature free,
or you kill it in an agonizing way by showering it with acid - if you know what I mean.

I always fall for the first woman to show interest, haha. So Triss Merigold.

EDIT:

I made the choice based on romance (Triss) and then rationalized afterwards that only Triss can teach the boy magic.

And then you later learn that the stubborn boy didn't learn even the basics

As it is always with decisions in the Witcher games... there is no straight wrong or right.

On my first playthrough I gave the boy to Triss cos she is a woman with a strong will and responsibility whereas I found Shani a bit bourgeois.

On my next playthrough I gave Alvin to Shani because I had my doubts, that a woman who is partying all night long at Leuvaarden's banquet whereas the littly is alone in the house, Shani is the better choice. She cares for the boy, care for injured and ill poeple regardless of the race.
Triss has too many political interests

Top Bottom