Who did you give Alvin to?

+
Postumo said:
I chose Shani... after i've read the books, i choose Triss.
Yes, but why? Why is the interesting part. ;)I think that Triss could give Alvin magical instruction ... but on the other hand, I get the sense that she wants to use Alvin, not love him. And since she's at Leuvaarden's party from six at night until 2 in the morning, the boy is left alone for large chunks of time. I think leaving Alvin with Triss could work, but I'd want to hire a nanny for Alvin to love him and be a mother to him and to protect him in the evenings, when Triss is gone.I think that Shani could love Alvin and be a mother to him ... but unless she took him to the hospital with her, she wouldn't be able to take care of him and continue to be a doctor, and Temeria is already short of doctors. But I don't want the kid spending all day every day at a plague hospital. I think leaving Alvin with Shani could work, but I'd want to hire a magic instructor for him; maybe he could learn magic during the day, while Shani is at work.I think the best thing would be for Alvin to go to Triss for magic instruction during the day, while Shani's at the hospital, then go to Shani's house in the evening, when Triss is at Leuvaarden's party, but that's not one of our options! I don't want Triss using Alvin to bolster her power (sorceresses are like that, so this isn't really personal to Triss), but I don't want Alvin being raised solely by someone with no knowledge of magic, either. I think the Triss-AND-Shani combination could give Alvin a lot of what he needs, and each of them would mitigate the disadvantages of the other.I think it's totally bizarre that both women take the placement of Alvin as indicative of how Geralt feels about them romantically. I think the writers did a good job with most of the story in The Witcher, but this part is just weird. It's perfectly reasonable for Geralt to send Alvin to another magic-user, so it's strange for Shani to get bent out of shape if he sends Alvin to Triss. And it's perfectly reasonable for Geralt to send a multiply-traumatized kid to someone warm and loving who also has medical training, so it's strange for Triss to get bent out of shape if he sends Alvin to Shani. The writers were really reaching with this part.

First time I choose Shani because my friend told me that Shani has better second card:p I repented this choice, so next time I choose Triss.

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
I chose Shani... after i've read the books, i choose Triss.
Yes, but why? Why is the interesting part. ;)I think that Triss could give Alvin magical instruction ... but on the other hand, I get the sense that she wants to use Alvin, not love him. And since she's at Leuvaarden's party from six at night until 2 in the morning, the boy is left alone for large chunks of time. I think leaving Alvin with Triss could work, but I'd want to hire a nanny for Alvin to love him and be a mother to him and to protect him in the evenings, when Triss is gone.I think that Shani could love Alvin and be a mother to him ... but unless she took him to the hospital with her, she wouldn't be able to take care of him and continue to be a doctor, and Temeria is already short of doctors. But I don't want the kid spending all day every day at a plague hospital. I think leaving Alvin with Shani could work, but I'd want to hire a magic instructor for him; maybe he could learn magic during the day, while Shani is at work.I think the best thing would be for Alvin to go to Triss for magic instruction during the day, while Shani's at the hospital, then go to Shani's house in the evening, when Triss is at Leuvaarden's party, but that's not one of our options! I don't want Triss using Alvin to bolster her power (sorceresses are like that, so this isn't really personal to Triss), but I don't want Alvin being raised solely by someone with no knowledge of magic, either. I think the Triss-AND-Shani combination could give Alvin a lot of what he needs, and each of them would mitigate the disadvantages of the other.I think it's totally bizarre that both women take the placement of Alvin as indicative of how Geralt feels about them romantically. I think the writers did a good job with most of the story in The Witcher, but this part is just weird. It's perfectly reasonable for Geralt to send Alvin to another magic-user, so it's strange for Shani to get bent out of shape if he sends Alvin to Triss. And it's perfectly reasonable for Geralt to send a multiply-traumatized kid to someone warm and loving who also has medical training, so it's strange for Triss to get bent out of shape if he sends Alvin to Shani. The writers were really reaching with this part.
Because fo this Cory, you've just gain a special credit on my cooming soon fanart. You'll see......... ;)

dazz007 said:
First time I choose Shani because my friend told me that Shani has better second card:p
*laugh* Now, THAT'S a reason I haven't heard before! Good one!
dazz007 said:
Because fo this Cory, you've just gain a special credit on my cooming soon fanart. You'll see......... ;)
"I dedicate part of my fan art to Cory, for having a mind almost as weird as my own." :D Awww, how sweet! :-*

secondchildren said:
"I dedicate part of my fan art to Cory, for having a mind almost as weird as my own." :D Awww, how sweet! :-*[/QUOTE]No way :D (or at least I hope so :D )just because I know what's your opinion about Shani\Alvin

I haven't read the book, so i was like Geralt with amnesia. I had to build all the relationship like my heart told me. And i kinda fell in love with Triss that is why i gave Alvi to her :whistle:

Haha i kinda like more " bad girls " or more misterious types than girls next door so here my type is Triss and in DAO is Morrigan.For me Triss is more interesting character overall , she is powerful sorceress , someone who can develop Alvin skills more, also someone who can defend and protect Alvin better if danger commes, on other hand Shani looks more like nice girl next door which is best to be friend with ..

Triss. (Ofcourse i've tried both, but Triss fore obvious reasons)She is more similar to Geralts true love Yennefer. (supposed to be dead by now)Triss is a more proper mother to Alvin in my opinion. Both alvin and Triss posses magic and she can protect him better (not like Alvin would get a peaceful childhood anyway), and lets face it.... Would Alvin really get a "normal" childhood with a "father" like Geralt, even with a "normal" mother like Shani? (Or if you chose not to interfer, would Shani manage to deal with Alvin alone, who were possesed twice in Act 1 and constantly disappear and get himself into trouble?)I doubt Shani would even get how complex Geralt is, so I belive if this were his choise alone (not the players) he still would have chosen Triss.Also I dislike Shanis attitude from time to time. (She can be a bitch now and then)Examples of that are if you invite Carmen to the party or ofcourse when you have to chose alvin between the two.

Juuuhan said:
Also I dislike Shanis attitude from time to time. (She can be a ****** now and then)Examples of that are if you invite Carmen to the party or ofcourse when you have to chose alvin between the two.
I think every woman would respond like Shani in such a situation... even Triss. Did you play the "The Wedding" adventure? Triss and Shani meet and both are quite b*itchy ;D

Forum veteran
Well, I think I've answered this elsewhere, but now methinks a new perspective on the matter abounds...I first chose Triss 'n me story goes like this:Met this lovely lady sorcie in Kaer Morhen who obviously remembers me and sparked something inside...then came a lovely young medicine girl who recognized me, a joy my pants could not hide.A fight was brewing which my senses told had something to do with the child I hold...These pesky females wouldn't let go, so I acted and left him where a spark for us both would glow.This Witcher thing is risky business indeed, and I daresay my choice was good as hiding ain't a need.My apology was swift and without a rhyme, but keep it in your pants Geralt... one trophy at a time ;)So there's my story, and what an interesting twist to add to my list. Hope y'all know enjoyed my perspective

56236 said:
Well, I think I've answered this elsewhere, but now methinks a new perspective on the matter abounds...I first chose Triss 'n me story goes like this:
;DIf only I could put it better. Since I can't, I'll just say that I'm one of those players who chooses Triss almost every time. Corylea always makes very good arguments on Shani's behalf, but I prefer Triss, both as a character and as a practical solution to managing Alvin's magic.

PetraSilie said:
PetraSilie said:
Also I dislike Shanis attitude from time to time. (She can be a bit.ch now and then)Examples of that are if you invite Carmen to the party or ofcourse when you have to chose alvin between the two.
I think every woman would respond like Shani in such a situation... even Triss. Did you play the "The Wedding" adventure? Triss and Shani meet and both are quite b*itchy ;D
Heh, might be... It's just that something with her attitude continues to bother me. And i don't really understand why you get to chose between her (off all women) and Triss.It's not like Geralt have a hard time scoring chicks :whistle:I also like the atmosphere with Triss and Geralt after Leos funeral.Offtopic, don't you find it weird that both Shani and Triss expect Geralt to raise a family with them? (Or atleast have high hopes) And they claim to know Geralt and supposedly know at least so much about the witcher code that witchers shouldn't have feelings, and shouldn't have any sort of families :pNo, guess i have to check it up sometime.

For the first time to Shani and planning to Triss this time around. I've only read first post to avoid any possible spoiler. Why? Because I overheard Triss talking to head of the brotherhood of the sorceresses and she tried keeping it as a secret. That was a major trust issue for me. Also I got the feeling that they would use the boy for their benefit. I couldn't let that happen. Though I knew Triss would protect him well I gave him to Shani and fell in love with her :p And at the end she seems to protect the child well.

Top Bottom