Who encountered the Pyramid Song Insta Death Bug on 1.62?

+

Who encountered the Pyramid Song Insta Death Bug on 1.62?

• Insta-Death on a save in game version before 1.62

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
EDIT: Potential cause of the issue might be found and be related to the "JUDY ROMANCED ENHANCED" mod!
The mod author commented on the issues, fixed it now and suggested solutions for peeps which already encountered the bug as mentioned here in the comment section:

I am trying to pin point if its a vanilla game or mod issue to help solve this thing and because i am getting a lot of mixed infos on different platforms. (steam, reddit, youtube, discord and so on)

Could peeps encountering this bug (trying to dive with Judy in Pyramid Song triggers an INGAME flatline mechanic out of nowhere) pls answer the poll?

Edit: These specific "tests" were done to see how to reproduce the FLATLINE:
1. so far i can confirm that characters on a savegame of 1.61 (my streetkid) which re-play the mission (reloading a save directly at Pyramid Song and going from there) while being NOW updated to 1.62 with the same mods ironically DONT get the flatline bug.

2. a fresh character which started at 1.62 from the very beginning GETS the bug. (same mod setup like the streetkid)

3. a character which started the game in 1.61 or anytime before that, BUT got Judys call which triggers Pyramid Song while having the game updated to 1.62 will highly likely ALSO get the flatline too.

Edit: I am adding the youtube link to the current "workaround" someone figured out to this poll to keep track of the comments there. There is at least 1-2 new comments every day of peeps which encounter that bug now. (which are highly likely players which finally reached that mission in their 1.62 playthrough.)

Last edited:
offtopic: are the endings fixed on pc 1.62 yet?
The endings are SUPPOSED to be fixed with the last hotfix they pushed out, but i personally havent tested it yet, because the Pyramid Song bug kinda killed my mood to finish my current run. lol

And even with a beefy comp i had quite a few visual bugs which i never had before with the PT update. Kinda makes me wish it was optional, considering a large portion of the playerbase prolly wont be able to "enjoy" it on bearable fps anyway.

If it helps, I just checked my savefile from October 2022 and it worked without issue. Steam version and never used any mods whatsoever.

If it helps, I just checked my savefile from October 2022 and it worked without issue. Steam version and never used any mods whatsoever.
October 2022 means its before 1.62 and i didnt had any issue with these too and if u just loaded a savegame directly at Pyramid Song and played from there the game pretty much still believes u are on the October patch version and not on 1.62 even when u have the game NOW on 1.62.

The bug seems to occur when u started a game from the start on 1.62 or have gotten the call from Judy which triggers Pyramid Song at any time while playing already on 1.62 in the sense that ur autosaves and quicksaves and the likes around that call area are also marked with 1.62.
(for example: lets say u stopped playing the game before doing the clouds takeover mission on 1.61 and took a break. Than decided to finish that playthrough from that point on on a game updated to 1.62 essentially making all games AFTER that point into 1.62 files the bug could technically pop up compared to just loading ur old Pyramid Song savegame which is still marked as 1.61 and trying from there)

Last edited:

yabab

Forum regular
The endings are SUPPOSED to be fixed with the last hotfix they pushed out, but i personally havent tested it yet, because the Pyramid Song bug kinda killed my mood to finish my current run. lol

And even with a beefy comp i had quite a few visual bugs which i never had before with the PT update. Kinda makes me wish it was optional, considering a large portion of the playerbase prolly wont be able to "enjoy" it on bearable fps anyway.
years later and they still break the game the more they mess with it.

Cyberpunk will truly be fixed once they stop updating it and a stable community patch can exist...

years later and they still break the game the more they mess with it.

Cyberpunk will truly be fixed once they stop updating it and a stable community patch can exist...

Honestly i adore the game, despite or even with its flaws, but seeing they STILL havent fixed the ebunike bug (not game breaking in a sense, but Grayson going directly into aggro mode preventing the exploration of the dead woman in the bathroom and to listen to the audio recordings on the comp close to her to get some nice info about smasher which broke in patch 1.3) kinda gives me little hope they even bother fixing these "smaller" things.

They DID fix a few things which were in the freshly released game like shards which were buggy when u picked them up instead of reading them and got stuck as empty things in ur inventory. But yeah if u like to replay the game as much as i do u notice how many small things are actually still in the game. (i am an older lady and pretty much waited for 30+ years for a modern/futuristic set game with custom characters and the likes, so this game ticks of a lot of these things for me, but i also doubt i would be still playing it if it wasnt for the amazing mod community.)

yabab

Forum regular
Honestly i adore the game, despite or even with its flaws, but seeing they STILL havent fixed the ebunike bug (not game breaking in a sense, but Grayson going directly into aggro mode preventing the exploration of the dead woman in the bathroom and to listen to the audio recordings on the comp close to her to get some nice info about smasher which broke in patch 1.3) kinda gives me little hope they even bother fixing these "smaller" things.

They DID fix a few things which were in the freshly released game like shards which were buggy when u picked them up instead of reading them and got stuck as empty things in ur inventory. But yeah if u like to replay the game as much as i do u notice how much small things are actually still in the game. (i am on older lady and pretty much waited for 30+ years for a modern/futuristic set game with custom characters and the likes, so this game ticks of a lot of these things for me, but i also doubt i would be still playing it if it wasnt for the amazing mod community.)
I came back for 1.62 to get the platinum on PC and can't get over stuff I saw in gameplay builds that simply didn't work. It's like no one QA's certain aspects of the game like Stealth and Hacking.

I came back for 1.62 to get the platinum on PC and can't get over stuff I saw in gameplay builds that simply didn't work. It's like no one QA's certain aspects of the game like Stealth and Hacking.
I am currently holding off to install/test a mod called Stealthrunner, but it looks amazing for stealth playthroughs to be honest. Adds full new stealth focused perks and so on. Than we also have mods like the one which allows u to attach urself to walls and drop down at enemies. (ironically this is stuff which was shown in official gameplay videos back in the day, but eventually got removed for whatever reason)

So yeah the mod community really puts out amazing stuff, but the Ebunike bug, now the critical Pyramid Song bug and the big DLC dropping some time this year (hopefully) kinda stalls my urge to play at the moment.

Edit: i also dont understand the nerfs they dropped into the game like getting rid of the wall penetration of the Overwatch, removing the ability of legendary Ping to hack enemies through the walls or the amount of mod slots in the clothes instead of fixing stuff.

Last edited:

Yeah, same here, I have the feeling the whole image quality got worse after this update, so much shimmering, ghosting artifacts, texture problems and such. Sometimes it's just unbearable. On top of that, there is a plethora of other game glitches that should have definitely been fixed by now.

Yeah, same here, I have the feeling the whole image quality got worse after this update, so much shimmering, ghosting artifacts, texture problems and such. Sometimes it's just unbearable. On top of that, there is a plethora of other game glitches that should have definitely been fixed by now.

Ikr, i have DLSS off and just some normal RT features on and i am happy how the game looks. But i did try DLSS and had shadows flickering, barbwire fences not spawning in correctly until i was standing right in front of it, ghosting on hands/weapons or behind cars. I also encountered a bug where the eyebrows of some npcs suddenly disappeared and were replaced with weird larger black cut outs where the eyebrows should be. <- all things i never had before in the game.

"WHO ENCOUNTERED THE PYRAMID SONG INSTA DEATH BUG ON 1.62?"

Just came from Maiko's office yesterday, so coming in close. It'll be the first time for me doing the Pyramid Song on this particular patch.

3 things you can try:

- Before sporting the diving suit, save the game, go into CET and deselect all it's features like the "Disable Border Teleport", "Skip Starter Cutscenes", etc. All of them. Save the game again, exit the game and restart it.

- In AMM, delete the saved appearance of Judy and if she's already wearing her diving suit select her diving suit appearance in AMM, but do not save it.

- Before sporting the diving suit, remove all clothes off V. If you were wearing a costume of the Wardrobe, remove all clothes off V, save and exit the game and restart it.

Not saying these'll work. Just a few tests that cause no harm that you can try.

Edit: At the time of this post I hadn't seen the video yet.

Last edited:

"WHO ENCOUNTERED THE PYRAMID SONG INSTA DEATH BUG ON 1.62?"

Just came from Maiko's office yesterday, so coming in close. It'll be the first time for me doing the Pyramid Song on this particular patch.

3 things you can try:

- Before sporting the diving suit, save the game, go into CET and deselect all it's features like the "Disable Border Teleport", "Skip Starter Cutscenes", etc. All of them. save the game again, exit the game and restart it.

- In AMM, delete the saved appearance of Judy and if she's already wearing her diving suit select her diving suit appearance in AMM, but do not save it.

- Before sporting the diving suit, remove all clothes off V. If you were wearing a costume of the
Wardrobe, remove all clothes off V, save and exit the game and restart it.

Not saying these'll work. Just a few tests that cause no harm that you can try.

Thanks for the feedback:
- I sadly already have all these options off in CET from the start. (using steam start command to skip intro videos for example and never really had the need for any of the other "select-able" options in CET.)

- AMM isnt installed in my 1.62 playthrough at all because i usually start to use it at the end of my playthroughs. (it caused some issues for me in normal playthroughs before like Yorinobu having certain *coughs* bodyparts stick out of his clothes which makes the heist scene super awkward. lol)

- I WAS on the other hand using the wardrobe feature when i did the mission. It didnt gave me any issues when doing the heist mission or the virtual reality cop game with River and the kids, but i could at least give this one a try. <- still odd if it is this considering i used that feature just fine in 1.61.

Thanks for the feedback:
- I sadly already have all these options off in CET from the start. (using steam start command to skip intro videos for example and never really had the need for any of the other "select-able" options in CET.)

- AMM isnt installed in my 1.62 playthrough at all because i usually start to use it at the end of my playthroughs. (it caused some issues for me in normal playthroughs before like Yorinobu having certain *coughs* bodyparts stick out of his clothes which makes the heist scene super awkward. lol)

- I WAS on the other hand using the wardrobe feature when i did the mission. It didnt gave me any issues when doing the heist mission or the virtual reality cop game with River and the kids, but i could at least give this one a try. <- still odd if it is this considering i used that feature just fine in 1.61.
The workaround in the video doesn't work for you?

The workaround in the video doesn't work for you?

Oh it did work, but constantly getting damage while Judy is talking to u at the elevator kinda ruins the mood for the quest.
It works to not get completely stuck for that playthrough, but i still would prefer a solution which removes the flatline bug and allows me to enjoy that mission part as i did in my many many playthroughs before that. lol

Oh it did work, but constantly getting damage while Judy is talking to u at the elevator kinda ruins the mood for the quest.
It works to not get completely stuck for that playthrough, but i still would prefer a solution which removes the flatline bug and allows me to enjoy that mission part as i did in my many many playthroughs before that. lol
Yeah, it's an odd bug. Looks mod related so far. Keep you posted when and if I've come through.

Yeah, it's an odd bug. Looks mod related so far. Keep you posted when and if I've come through.
Honestly at this point i am getting sooo many mixed infos (one of the reasons i started this poll) from different sources (discord, steam, reddit yadda yadda) that i dont know anymore.
Some peeps say they dont have any mods installed and still get the bug, some say they just have texture enhancers installed, other said they have Judy Romance Enhanced installed and suspect its that (even when this one never caused issues like this before 1.62). It also COULD be a CET issue, but that usually ends up in the game crashing clean to desktop and not giving u the ingame "sorry u flatlined, reload from last checkpoint" pop up.

But seeing how many comments start to collect on that youtube workaround it seems its either a 1.62 issue or some mod (mod depency) a lot of peeps are using.

Honestly at this point i am getting sooo many mixed infos (one of the reasons i started this poll) from different sources (discord, steam, reddit yadda yadda) that i dont know anymore.
Some peeps say they dont have any mods installed and still get the bug, some say they just have texture enhancers installed, other said they have Judy Romance Enhanced installed and suspect its that (even when this one never caused issues like this before 1.62). It also COULD be a CET issue, but that usually ends up in the game crashing clean to desktop and not giving u the ingame "sorry u flatlined, reload from last checkpoint" pop up.

But seeing how many comments start to collect on that youtube workaround it seems its either a 1.62 issue or some mod (mod depency) a lot of peeps are using.
Could also be a mod conflict. Those are the most difficult to solve because each of them alone don't cause any issues, while both or more of them together do. Had to deal with one when the 1.62 hotfix launched. Couldn't play for almost a week.

Could also be a mod conflict. Those are the most difficult to solve because each of them alone don't cause any issues, while both or more of them together do. Had to deal with one when the 1.62 hotfix launched. Couldn't play for almost a week.
That is true. Just the amount of peeps commenting on that youtube workaround (now 50+ peeps and growing... which are maybe not checking on these forums here) makes it a bit hard to believe that ALL of them have the same possible conflicting mods. Its really odd.

The other thing is that u could dive down to Laguna Bend just fine in the patches before 1.62 while not having the quest active. Like even just at the start of Act 2 when u unlocked the map.
Having a deathwall there now either caused by mods or the patch just seems super weird. My knowledge of modding/coding is very limited, but such a specific thing just at that one specific location just seems really weird. Unless its really some bug with the wardrobe and the game is killing u cus it thinks ur not wearing the diving suit. But again seeing how important fashion is in this game for us photographers is it really necessary to have a deathwall there to begin with when u do that mission to check if u wear the suit or not?

Last edited:
Instant death on post 1.62 save,

I'd like to note that before realizing this was an issue, I had a save from prior to 1.61 (male nomad if it matters), that I'd picked up on, and successfully completed after updating TO 1.62 and applying mods to the save that was not too long ago... but on a fresh playthrough on 1.62 (female corpo); If I go to the area PRIOR to receiving the invitation from Judy, I can swim to my little hearts content. Just as long as Pyramid Song has been started, take a dip and you're instantly killed beyond certain thresholds.

Top Bottom