Who is Gaunter 'O Dimm, and is he even more Powerful than Ciri? A thread to discuss this! SPOILER ALERT!

+

dasft

Elder Blood > O'Dimm when it comes to time manipulation and control.

That's one of the many points in favor of Gaunter, he understands time way ahead of a transport form, because he is timeless.

Soo...a possible Witcher 4 with Gaunter as an Enemy?

Hm don't know how this would be possible.
A Witcher could never win a real fight against him.
And defeating him in the same way like Geralt did in HoS would be boring.

Hm don't know how this would be possible.
A Witcher could never win a real fight against him.
And defeating him in the same way like Geralt did in HoS would be boring.

Well there is someone who could possibly defend him...:happy2:

But...i don't want to start a discussion about that now! haha

But sure a Witcher would have no chance...but maybe there would be some other way/possibility of defending him! It is up to CDPR..!

dasft

Ciri and Gaunter are too big for this universe, a living weapon able to cause a cataclysm in the mortal world, against some kind of deity, unknown in many ways.

Ciri and Gaunter are too big for this universe, a living weapon able to cause a cataclysm in the mortal world, against some kind of deity, unknown in many ways.

Well it would depend if Ciri keeps her full powers after defeating the White Frost or if she goes on in a diminished state (kind of like how spirits and elves diminish in power the Lord of the Rings). CDPR could say she expelled most of her power to defeat the White Frost and is now only able to teleport short distances.

Well it would depend if Ciri keeps her full powers after defeating the White Frost or if she goes on in a diminished state (kind of like how spirits and elves diminish in power the Lord of the Rings). CDPR could say she expelled most of her power to defeat the White Frost and is now only able to teleport short distances.

Well, if they would make a TW4 with her than that would might be a good idea, Ciri on the search to get her powers back or whatever...but that's off topic..

So...in the end we don't know if Ciri's powers are limitless and how many different abilities she finally has...

I just noticed that when he melts up in the end of HoS, then there's a white lightblob. Like what the jinn in The Last Wish looked like.

Yeah. A powerful jinn.

Didn't notice him being derisive about jinns in any of the dialogues. He had contempt for mages, sure. But nothing about jinns.

Liked it how his eyes sometimes flicker towards the camera when he's talking to Geralt or Olgierd, to increase the creepiness. ;)

O'Dimm is such a creepy man, what is he is the real question!

Liked it how his eyes sometimes flicker towards the camera when he's talking to Geralt or Olgierd, to increase the creepiness

he is so powerful he can defy his own universe and look upon us... dang!

O'Dimm kind of reminds me of the G-man from HL2, his powers and character are very similar.

I don't think so. We don't know the full powers of O'Dimm yet, but we know that Ciri can't stop the time for example....or take your soul! o_O

Ciri hasn't had full mastery of her powers yet, its hard to say how powerful she could become.

O'Dimm kind of reminds me of the G-man from HL2, his powers and character are very similar.

Ehm, what ?? :D
G-man is just a mystical person (some people speculate its an older Freeman ) but he doesnt have any super god-like powers like O'Dimm :lol:

Ciri hasn't had full mastery of her powers yet, its hard to say how powerful she could become.
Well even when she master's her abilities, im sure she would never be near to o'dims power level.
We did see Ciris abilities and to be honest, even they are not in the same region.

Now looking at o'dim, freezing time, doing what he wants is more or less nothing for him, a joke and just funny, now think about what he can do when he puts more effort in his skills or when he is pissed.

Last but not least she is still a Human, there are limits for her physically, mentally etc etc, for gaunter not.

Last edited:
Well even when she master's her abilities, im sure she would never be near to o'dims power level.
Yes.

It's like a case of "powerful melee hero card" vs "the NPC who actually would be an excellent faction leader card, instead of silly little (handsome, heroic, trying to rescue his people and his entire planet, willing to sacrifice his own life for this goal) Eredin... The powerful melee card can defeat the minions of that leader card, but not the leader card itself.

Well, more than half the leader cards are questionable anyway.

- Foltest instead of Thyssen or Rads? - Foltest is dead. And his best known achievement was to have a daughter with his sister.
- Eredin...? - oh come on. Even if we look at him from a flattering angle, he's never been the commander of gargoyles, nekkers, crones and most of the other monster card units.
- Bran?? - Bran is dead.
- Crach?? - dude never actually was the king of Skellige. Besides, he's dead.

*votes for Radovid, Gaunter, Cerys/Hjalmar/Svanrige as leader cards*

Last edited:

dasft

I think in the Lord of the Rings, only the spiritual form is vulnerable to loose his essence, like Sauron, the ring was a big chunk of his will. Galadriel was able to ban him with no problem, because he cannot fight with full power, without a more consistent form and the ring.

Ciri is a living creature, the elder blood is not beyond her, is within her, as long she lives, the blast is there.

I think the power of Ciri is not opened to use any time, she is able to travel and fight in incredible velocity, but the big blast of energy is attached to his emotional balance, the type of physical change we have with mind changes, feelings.

Anyways, i imagine Avallac'h present to evolve Ciri, he is the most prepared to follow her on the process.

Then Gaunder is going to pass more banned time, at least during the life of Ciri. :)

Last edited:
The way I took it is Gaunter is a powerful demon like a djinn, but he's no deity, and certainly isn't 'the' devil, as that concept doesn't exist in the Witcherverse. Never seen it described anywhere in the book or the games.

Outside of the expansion they never discussed souls either but clearly he takes them. And the books and games have discussed a type of heaven so why wouldn't there be an opposite place? Besides there are many other things that the books might not mention but clearly must exist.

Kids in White Orchard said:
Devil sits in the old oak tree
Brewin' cider with devilish glee
Drinks it down in greedy slurps
Then come morn howls: "My devil head hurts!"

There is a devil reference in the game, after all. ;)

Oh, and there's more.

Bestiary Entry "Devil by the Well" said:
The residents of White Orchard had suffered more than their fair share of misfortunes. Passing armies had trampled their spring planting, a griffin had begin abducting their livestock, and the rotten icing on this painful cake, a noonwraith haunted a nearby well. No wonder the locals called this final evil a "devil." [...]
Noteworthy:
- "a" devil. not "the" devil
- "a final evil" = "a devil"

So, the concept is there, but surely not as "the devil" (Lucifer, Satan, Shaytan, Iblis, whatever). And this concept is leisurely applied to a harmless noonwraith, just because she's "the final evil". ;)

Also curious that the place is also hosting Gaunter at this time (greedily slurping Nilfgaardian Lemon shnappses with devilish glee); he might be the actual rotten icing on the painful cake, hehe. ;)

Last edited:
Ah, okay then i wasn't paying attention really with that Quest of Marlene! Good Point there of course!

But let us come back to the the main question.

Well maybe no Time travel but...he can do everything else what i mentioned easily, especially control the time. And what i was trying to say with "Geralt did no damage to him in HoS" is that he maybe "Banned" him somehow but he didn't killed him.

And what was the language he was speaking when he disappeard?

One thing that's also interesting about him is, that not even Geralt had a clue what or who he is exactly. Normally, Geralt is capable of identify every Monster in the Witcher World! But not him?

And i am still asking myself, why he told Geralt at the beginning were he could continue the search for Ciri. And sure again, he didn't know where Ciri was in HoS if you ask him about that! But it is clear that he at least knew about her Abilities and her Fate or Future.
He even tells geralt that he should not worry about finding her...because Geralt will find her!

Questions over Questions
I can tell u second language that gaunter odimm spoke as he was disappearing. The second language is Georgian now I know that language because I am Georgian and it translates to, you think you have beaten me no ur wrong. So here is my theory if gaunter odimm knows the language that exists in our world and lets remember the guy that wrote witcher books and cd projekt red who created witcher games they created the world that our main protagonist geralt and ciri live in. its generally believed that gaunter odimm is either the god of the witcher universe stopping of time and summoning a storm is a reference to our real life biblical god so in the end there is now way a being like ciri that lives in her world that was created by a person that lives in ours can come close to beating an entity that knows things from our world and when gaunter odimm says he doesnt know where Ciri is thats the way of game ceators saying to the player i cant just tell u where she go do some main quests and find her on ur own however game creators through odimm help the player on what to do when u do find ciri so yeah in the end gaunter odimm is the single most powerfulll being to appear in witcher (btw i replied to u because u asked about the language and also wanted to state mmy opinion and agree with u that ciri just doesn't stand a chance)

Top Bottom