Who is the King of the Wild Hunt? [spoilers]

+
@tutux; The Wild Hunt have already proven that they're all about using superstition and fear as a weapon. The whole Naglfar thing is just them taking it a step further. I highly doubt they already have Ciri captured though and I certainly hope the story doesn't devolve into uniting the lands for a battle against the evil alien elves.

"But a force darker and deadlier emerges. The petty men and women commanding tin-plated armies fail to understand that their conflict is child's play compared to the Wild Hunt, the otherworldly threat which now looms. These ghastly spectral riders have plagued the world for ages, plunging it in misery and despair. Yet this time the Wild Hunt seeks one person in particular: the one bestowed upon Geralt by Destiny itself, the one soul Geralt considers kin."

You know what, I read that part again, and found out they said " ...the wild hunt SEEKS ,,,," < so it might be true! They don't have Ciri? and that IS their only main goal? I doubt tho they've only one goal~ but that's clear enough to suggest that Ciri is NOT with them!

Yes, in all the material CDPR have released, they've talked about the Hunt being after "the one person Destiny has entrusted upon Geralt" etc. etc. So I think it's pretty clear they don't have her captured. Not really sure why she would be in Geralt's world though, considering the ending of the books.

Yes, in all the material CDPR have released, they've talked about the Hunt being after "the one person Destiny has entrusted upon Geralt" etc. etc. So I think it's pretty clear they don't have her captured. Not really sure why she would be in Geralt's world though, considering the ending of the books.

Yes, you're right! I don't know about that tho! but I'm almost certain something would happen about these end of the world thing! So, we go back again to that idea; Geralt is pursuing them to .... for........what really? The idea that he is pursuing them is pretty clear tho in that quest they've shown to press! If I were him and Ciri is NOT with them I would go to find her first and be the protective hero here not that of a pursuer!

I add that : I don't know why they pursue Geralt and Yen as a bait to capture Ciri? umm idk why the hell they followed them to that island and then now are seeking them,too? for what!

Last edited:
Well, if he himself doesn't know where she is but knows they're after her, then they'd be his only lead really.

Wouldn't Yen help him with that by magic, she's a strong sorceress after all! ugh :3 I'm excited to answer these riddles~ can't wait really! Thank you man, I've got things to think about!

Yes, you're right! I don't know about that tho! but I'm almost certain something would happen about these end of the world thing! So, we go back again to that idea; Geralt is pursuing them to .... for........what really? The idea that he is pursuing them is pretty clear tho in that quest they've shown to press! If I were him and Ciri is NOT with them I would go to find her first and be the protective hero here not that of a pursuer!

I add that : I don't know why they pursue Geralt and Yen as a bait to capture Ciri? umm idk why the hell they followed them to that island and then now are seeking them,too? for what!

The bait I think is "Get pregnant or they die": the wild hunt follow Ciri's trace onto the island and they found Geralt and Yen. Maybe they didn't count with Geralt's fight and giving his soul for Yen. I guess Ciri return "some time later " with news of marriage or with a pizza and a soda, she found the mess and that's how she get involve in TW3. There is a lot of guessing but at least 1 have to get it right

The bait I think is "Get pregnant or they die": the wild hunt follow Ciri's trace onto the island and they found Geralt and Yen. Maybe they didn't count with Geralt's fight and giving his soul for Yen. I guess Ciri return "some time later " with news of marriage or with a pizza and a soda, she found the mess and that's how she get involve in TW3. There is a lot of guessing but at least 1 have to get it right

That makes sense! I made a thread about it not to mix it with the king of the hunt's discussion here~ but really how the games made that king of the hunt appear almost whenever Geralt is (in Witcher 1) and questions his deeds and stating that he is a "mean of destruction and shit" so that's too much for an only bait thing! He got away from them, true, but why waste time on him? why not follow Ciri instead!?

I guess Ciri return "some time later " with news of marriage or with a pizza and a soda,
Or... she married King Arthur, opens the gate, brings the whole army with her for the battle of a lifetime with the wild hunt....

and that's why history suggest that King Arthur was fiction.... because he was spirited away by Ciri...
Oh RNGesus, so many possibilities

That makes sense! I made a thread about it not to mix it with the king of the hunt's discussion here~ but really how the games made that king of the hunt appear almost whenever Geralt is (in Witcher 1) and questions his deeds and stating that he is a "mean of destruction and shit" so that's too much for an only bait thing! He got away from them, true, but why waste time on him? why not follow Ciri instead!?

The book ends with Ciri and Galahad, there's nothing about the time between she leaves the island and when she finally arrives in this world so... I Guess the wild hunt use Geralt as a bait because Ciri escape with Ihuarraquax, and therefore they lose her track.

The book ends with Ciri and Galahad, there's nothing about the time between she leaves the island and when she finally arrives in this world so... I Guess the wild hunt use Geralt as a bait because Ciri escape with Ihuarraquax, and therefore they lose her track.
After seeing that Reflection video tribute to the Witcher series and emphasizing on the Hunt's words to Geralt, I had doubt he was a mere bait to them! idk really but yeah that might be the case!

Summing up the thread.

The King is Eredin.
He was just banished in W1

After Geralt's death Ciri took Geralt and Yennifer to the place where: 1) Eredin couldn't reach them, 2) she presumed that Eredin wouldn't care about Geralt and Yennifer, herself being in a totally unreachable place. As we see in W2, Eredin DID reach Geralt and Yennifer. 2 possible reasons: Eredin found somehow some way to travel more freely or Ciri made a mistake.

What Eredin wanted from Geralt and Yennifer? He set a trap for Ciri to lure her from unreachable places back into the world of Witcher. He had no plans on killing both of them. Probably he tried to gain some information, too. When Geralt and Letho found Eredin it was a day of Midinváerne, one of the days when Red Cavalry can travel in flesh between worlds, that's why the elves were normal flesh-and-bone creatures. Understanding, that tactics of kidnapping brings nothing, Eredin let Geralt go. He moved to the plan B - tracing Geralt's and Yennifer's movements and waiting for Ciri's appearance.

First breaking point happened when Geralt met Alvin, naturally strong mage, nothing like Ciri but nevertheless interesting. After acquiring Alvin's - let's say - soul, Eredin increased his strength and started preparing to... the invasion, as shown in W3 gameplay trailer. Ships look exactly like people of Skellige imagine them - Aen Elle have tons of material to build these ships from. As usual, Aen Elle follow their proven way of operating in the Witcherworld - using fear and superstitions to prevent people from guessing their true nature. No one must understand that they are elves.

It is clearly seen that Eredin doen't share Avallac'h's view on saving all inhabitants of the Witcherworld. People are slaves for him.

We know everything Geralt experienced for the last 5,5 years, also we know that Yennifer is in Nilfgaard now. As nothing escapes his majesty, Emperor Emhyr var Emreis, Deithwen Addan yn Carn aep Morvudd, who is also Ciri's father, he is well aware about Yennifer's location.
Ciri's world on the brink of invasion, her adopted mother in the hands of her cruel biological father, her adopted father is as always risking his life -
Ciri must return and save them all. The only thing I fear - Emhyr uses Yennifer's memory loss to his advantage.
I kind of like Eredin, pity he will die.

View attachment 1588
Another question - who is this guy?

Attachments

• ibqoffoWDuKTjK.jpg
    ibqoffoWDuKTjK.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 44
In the 'Beginning' video, the devs talk about the Hunt being lead by 4 wraith commanders. I can only assume he's one of them (there are concept arts for all 4 of them, in fact). Or it could be just different armour designs for the wild hunt riders.

I agree with Reptile, I'm guessing he is one of the four commanders perhaps leading part of the Hunt on the Skellige Islands?

:huh:

In the 'Beginning' video, the devs talk about the Hunt being lead by 4 wraith commanders. I can only assume he's one of them (there are concept arts for all 4 of them, in fact). Or it could be just different armour designs for the wild hunt riders.

It means CDPR added these commanders - nothing about them in the books.

Alvin was a Source exactly like Ciri Nucta, not a really strong mage, this is made fairly clear in the first game surely?

Alvin was a Source exactly like Ciri Nucta, not a really strong mage, this is made fairly clear in the first game surely?

He is not Elder Blood carrier. Anybody can be a Source, only those related to Lara can be descendants of Elder Blood dynasty.

It's never stated that he isn't but it's true that being a Source doesn't necessarily mean a person has Elder Blood in them.

Top Bottom