Who is the most powerful person/entity/being/monster in the whole Witcher world?

+
Who is the most powerful person/entity/being/monster in the whole Witcher world?

Maybe spoiler!!!Who is the most powerful person/entity/monster in the whole Witcher world?I am not just talking about this game, but in everything that has to do with The Witcher world. If that person/entity is in this game, thats fine. Well?

hmm, IMO the most powerful was golden dragon Villentremert, but maybe wizard Vilgefortz(I hope pronounced properly) were the strongest. Who knows ???

My theories are full of holes, probaly, as I can only use "The Last Wish" and the videogame as scources.However I have 2 theories:1. The Elemental spirits, djiinis, ifirts and whatever their names are.2. The being, though I can't prove it exists, that opened the rift between the worlds and brought the monsters into the world of the elder races, and yes, monsters include the humans ;) It probaly did so with a reason and a goal.

TheSilver said:
1. The Elemental spirits, djiinis, ifirts and whatever their names are.
Anyone who's used the Adventure Editor can tell you that djinnis are, in fact, very powerful. Or at least, one of them is. :D
2. The being, though I can't prove it exists, that opened the rift between the worlds and brought the monsters into the world of the elder races, and yes, monsters include the humans ;) It probaly did so with a reason and a goal.
That's brilliant, Silver. I hadn't thought of the rift as having anything other than a natural cause, but if it was caused by any sort of conscious being, yeah, that'd have to be a really BIG daddy.

ZiggyAkaStardust (nice name ;D ) this is an interesting topic! I 've read so far only The Last Wish, as most of the English readers here, so i can't tell. But i think Strigas are always a terror, even if Geralt met only (?) her majesty the princess.So, i await more answers from Sapkowski's readers to enlighten us.
Well, Geralt ofcourse. He can't even die properly.
:D :D :D

Hmm i think in the book (provided it hasnt been mistranslated) Foltest asks Geralt if he has dealt with strigas before, to which geralt replies yes... makes me wonder if he got asked to kill or cure the other times!

Lyonesse said:
Hmm i think in the book (provided it hasnt been mistranslated) Foltest asks Geralt if he has dealt with strigas before, to which geralt replies yes... makes me wonder if he got asked to kill or cure the other times!
Yes, you 're right! I remember now:He killed strigas before (i don't believe there was some spell to lift again...) So, Strigas are strong, but he doesn't tell us how strong.

Cassandra31EEE said:
Cassandra31EEE said:
Yes, you 're right! I remember now:He killed strigas before (i don't believe there was some spell to lift again...) So, Strigas are strong, but he doesn't tell us how strong.
Not much. In fact, Adda is the only striga from the books - Sapkowski soon became focused more on Geralt's relations with other characters (Yennefer, Ciri, etc.), fun (Dandelion, Regis, Yarpen, Zoltan, etc.) and politics (the whole Saga). Again: I recommend to read Blood of Elves (for those who haven't read it so far) the rest of the books continues in that style.

Whisperwind said:
It was destiny/death that had the power over all beings, chaos creatures and living :) though our Geralt overjumped that too...
Which means whoever brought Geralt back -- which CDPR had better answer in the next game, if they don't want me camping out in their offices until they tell me :D -- is pretty damned powerful.Some days, I wonder if he brought himself back ... it would explain why the Wild Hunt was chasing him -- he was an escapee. :)

Interesting idea, Corylea.. Goota think abut that one.Anyway, what about Destiny? Could it be a living being? Might explain a few things and give us more questions....And what about the King of the Wild Hunt? I'm fairly certain he cannot be killed and is not by Geralt, but merely a aspect of the original!Maybe Destiny, maybe the creature that opened the rift! ;)

Anyone who has read the books in Polish know if theres a version of the Fates mentioned in there? that may be a bit of an explanation... *ponder* They're pretty darn powerful in most of the legends regardless of culture who invented them...

Whisperwind said:
ChA0s_OvErLoRd - but those are mostly controled by sorcereses :D
Yes but not in the ways of magic, sorcerers were more like kings advisers,some did even some dirty work for them, like Reince in "Blood of elves".Although he was a wizard i think.Of course when i said kings i didn't mean just a king like one person, it is known trough history that kings had whole machinery of advisers behind them. But the whole point of the saga is that you can't stay neutral all the time, sooner or later you'll have to choose a side. And it is always gray. And if you don't deal with politics, then politics will deal with you.

definitely mages. during whole saga there were many powerful mages but the one who's power was clearly shown by sapkowski (we dont know what others were capable of) is arch-mistress, sorceress Tissaya de Vries. nobody from those we learned about in books was even close to her level of power. and mages enslaved elemental spirits, created monsters and golems, killed dragons. i doubt anyone can match a powerful mage and arguably no mage could match Tissaya.

I guess Hen Gedymdeith could, flash. I might be wrong, however.According to gods or destiny or some kind of incarneted Fates / Moiras: there is no direct answer in Sapkowski's books. There are gods, yet there is no confirmation, that they exist and affect reality (no wonder, that's the way it is with gods ::) ). There is destiny -- or at least it seems so -- but it's rather some kind of force, not a person.I would consider Ciri the most powerful being in Saga, yet she was not aware of most of her powers or she couldn't control them. Travelling through different planes and times was something that even the most powerful mages couldn't do, no mattter if they were Tissaia de Vries, Hen Gedymdeith, Vilgefortz etc.

there were many powerful persons but only few could use their power. we know almost nothing about most of mages. no idea how powerful they were but there were couple archmages on thanedd. mages knew them and yet every single one was shocked what tissaya did with just a single gesture. her power was enourmous.hen was definitely powerful but also so extremely old, even for a powerful mage. i doubt he could fight or even run without risking a heart attack.
heart attack was the cause of his death after all.
ciri while powerful was an embodiment of chaos. chaos even "spoke" to her and her powers were always a bit .. unstable. besides she was psychically vulnerable. she easily denied all her powers and decided not to use them ever again. it happened once, it can happen any time again.

I don't think Ciri can be called vulnerable. She is the bravest, strongest and most badass character I've ever read about. Keep in mind that she was still a kid, she was hurt, starving and she had to quickly think of a way to stop the magic from getting out of control. I believe that when she gets older she wil definitely be the most powerful being in the world.

i assume you are basing your oppinion on 3 books released in english. her history is a tragic one and it gets even worse in next books.
later on she resigned from using magic. it might be brave but definitely not the way to become most powerful being in the witcher world.

I'm polish and I've read the whole series. She hadn't lost her powers completely (remember that sorceress who was on a trial in Swallow's Tower? Kendra or whatever her name was...) Not to mention her other special abilities that she shows at the end of the series. Actually she seems to be getting more powerful every day.

Top Bottom