Who is the real villain of Cyberpunk 2077?

+

Who is the real villain(s) of Cyberpunk 2077?

• Arasaka (Corp)

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Saburo Arasaka

Votes: 29 36.7%
  • Yorinobu Arasaka

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Hanako Arasaka

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Alt Cunningham

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Johnny Silverhand

• V

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Judy

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Fingers

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Nibbles

• Total voters
Saburo Arasaka without any doubt possible :)
The man who don't care about anyone else than him (and his family), who was capable to nuke Night City and kill every NC citizens if Yorinobu didn't kill him, capable to stole his son body's for become "immortal", had rapted Alt to get the SoulKiller for Arasaka (meaning for his personal usage),...
Hence the name of the ending (The Devil)

So even if the other characters are not really "good guys" (about Judy/Nibbles, I suppose you have to use a lot of imagination to see them as "the vilain" of Cyberpunk^^), they're just "small players" and don't fight in the same category :D

Just a quote from Yorinobu (Devil Ending) about Saburo, his own father :
"Fear... Ever since I can remember. One thing I cannot deny, he knew how to cause fear in poeple."
"He once told me anything of value is only a flag blowing in wind. And wind is fear. And then... you know what he did ? Blew my face. That was the one time he was wrong. And others ? It worked on them. They feared him. Even now. You saw ! Idiots terrified of a dead man talking from a box ! Pathetic. I would change that. If only you did not appear."

Last edited:
Did I choose the cat? Yeah, well, ANYTHING where I can choose Nibbles that's what you will get...
(Thanks for not forgetting about that little raw plucked chicken. :p )

You forgot Evelyn Parker who only was supposed to create a BD record from Yorinobus Suite for the Voodoo Boys but instead got greedy and caused the whole mess for V and Jackie.

Without her we never where part of Saburas murder.

Saburo Arasaka, closely followed in my opinion by Hanako Arasaka.

Honestly, the Devil ending is just something else. And it seems obvious from the beginning that Hanako is just using V and doesn't care about if he or she lives or not.
First, she takes you by surprise to see Saburo Asaka, which immediately reveals that the plan from the beginning was to get a new host for Saburo's psyche.
Then she almost mocks you by showing you the remains of Jackie's memories, in an attempt to make V stay by her side until the end with the thought that maybe he or she will be somewhat reunited with Jackie at some point, through Mikoshi (though in this scene, V either eats it up or notices the trick and insults Hanako).
And lastly, she inprisons you in this psychological nightmare that must be being completely alone in a space station, treated like a guinea pig by strangers who despise you, with the end result being that, oh well, Arasaka actually cannot save your life beyond the last 6 months you have left. And she doesn't answers your calls from there. She simply doesn't care.

Hanako is far and beyond Saburo's best child, because she cared about family AND the Arasaka corporation, unlike Yorinobu, who is punished for it.

You forgot Evelyn Parker who only was supposed to create a BD record from Yorinobus Suite for the Voodoo Boys but instead got greedy and caused the whole mess for V and Jackie.

Without her we never where part of Saburas murder.

but then that makes her the hero of the game. :D

Anyway, I'm quite surprised by the list of "possible villains" available. I imagine it's because the list is influenced by opinions :)
Because I would add some other names :
  • Smasher - For obvious reasons.
  • Panam - Who has very "easy revenge".
  • Placide - Who use V as a kamikaz drone.
  • Brigitte - Who lie to V and use him/her only for contact Alt (don't care if V die or not. It doesn't matter after V walks through the black wall...)
  • Goro - Who use V only to retrieve his past life and his honor.
  • Dex - Who kill V to try to save his fat ass.

Saburo Arasaka without any doubt possible :)
The man who don't care about anyone else than him (and his family), who was capable to nuke Night City and kill every NC citizens if Yorinobu didn't kill him, capable to stole his son body's for become "immortal", had rapted Alt to get the SoulKiller for Arasaka (meaning for his personal usage),...
Hence the name of the ending (The Devil)

So even if the other characters are not really "good guys" (about Judy/Nibbles, I suppose you have to use a lot of imagination to see them as "the vilain" of Cyberpunk^^), they're just "small players" and don't fight in the same category :D

Just a quote from Yorinobu (Devil Ending) about Saburo, his own father :
"Fear... Ever since I can remember. One thing I cannot deny, he knew how to cause fear in poeple."
"He once told me anything of value is only a flag blowing in wind. And wind is fear. And then... you know what he did ? Blew my face. That was the one time he was wrong. And others ? It worked on them. They feared him. Even now. You saw ! Idiots terrified of a dead man talking from a box ! Pathetic. I would change that. If only you did not appear."
I'd feel safer accepting a private dinner invitation from Baron Vladimir Harkonnen than I would sitting in a open-air mall for a sandwich with Saburo Arasaka.

The great thing about this game is there is no main villain. Everybody pursues their own interests, sometimes these interests collide with somebody else's interests and then it's all about the fittest who survives and make the best out of the situation. V is in the end just an expendable pawn in a much bigger game.

I collectively voted for Arasaka, Saburo, Yorinobu and Hanako. While the execution and specifics in the reasoning differ, they are all the antagonist.
If the choice was available though... I would have chosen 'Night City' specifically since I feel it strongly from a Nomad perspective. (And an ex-corpo gets shafted also.)
But I could be persuaded to recognize it should be a Streetkids ally.
But Arasaka (and their head family) is evil always.

The one thing I dont really remember anymore though, what was Michiko's story herein?

Guest 4561861

T-Bug, of course. Two frigging hours she is sitting there doing nothing, while the coast is clear. Yorinobu walks into the lobby, and "Bam!" She starts the heist. That was the sole reason everything went wrong.

The one thing I dont really remember anymore
If they didn't change the canon
She is working for NUSA government, so up to you if NUSA Militech is better or worse than Arasaka corp
I voted for V, because you create mayhem and destruction just to be rich and famous 1st and then to safe your life... there is only one ending that makes sense if you are not selfish arrogant.

I suppose my question regarding Michiko would be, is she in the same boat as the other arasaka family members or is she pretty much on the sideline.
I only remember encountering her in the game during devil ending, but I forgot exactly what her purpose was.
From the sound of it she's of little consequence either way, especially when compared to her husband and kids.

I suppose my question regarding Michiko would be, is she in the same boat as the other arasaka family members or is she pretty much on the sideline.
My guess :
She's indeed in the "boat" as an official member of the Arasaka board. Meaning she's following Saburo and/or Yorinubo directives (members of the board are just there to make it nice. The only one who take decisions is/was Saburo and Yorinobu to a lesser extent.
But she seem to be not as "bad" as Hanako probably due to the fact that she had "a life" outside of Arasaka and above all, outside of Saburo's influence (unlike Hanako, who spent her all life, so about 80 years, under Saburo's "bad" influence...).

Top Bottom